Wait In Vain

For Lolmarz12

I don't wanna wait in vain for your love;
From the very first time I rest my eyes on you, girl,
My heart says follow t'rough.
But I know, now, that I'm way down on your line,
But the waitin' feel is fine

Zach spotted this magnificent beauty on the other end of the mall. She was speaking to his teammate and close friend Andrew Wiggins. He was intrigued by her from a distance and wanted to know more about her. He strolled towards his friend and this mysterious lady, greeting them with a smile.

"Hey Andrew Wasssup". He said dapping up his friend.
"Everything is good man and before you ask this is my friend Marlo." Andrew said introducing the beautiful lady to Zach.
"Well nice to meet you beautiful. I am Zach." Zach was always a charmer when it came to the ladies, but this particular woman had already had his heart and he only knew her first name.
Marlo giggled at his statement to her, thinking it was just an innocent comment.
"Nice to meet you to Zach" she said with a smile. She didn't know the effect she had on him when she did that. Zach felt all bubbly and cheesy inside and he knew he had to make her his.

Over the next couple of weeks, Zach and Marlo became the best of friends. She always there to support him at his games and he was there to tell help her in anytime of need, including heart break. It hurt Zach a lot that Marlo was messing around with all kind of guys but wouldn't give hime a time of say. Marlo wished someone like Zach would come in her life thinking that he had no interest in her.

Zach thought the best thing for him to do is wait, but he was hoping and praying he wasn't waiting in vain.

So don't treat me like a puppet on a string,
'Cause I know I have to do my thing.
Don't talk to me as if you think I'm dumb;
I wanna know when you're gonna come - soon.
I don't wanna wait in vain for your love;

Sometimes Zach felt like a show within the media. With his and Marlo's personal success over the next year everyone assume that he is a puppet and she is controlling the string. Sadly, he feels like that some days. He would rush over to her house whenever she needed something, but felt pushed away a bit when she finds something new. He kept getting pushed further down her list and he wasn't happy at all but is heart would not let her go, no matter how foolish he would look.

One again, Marlo doesn't know how she is hurting him. She thinks this all such "brotherly love" and always had someone to count on. Thinking to herself that he doesn't want her, she entertains other individuals, who sometimes just can't get it right. She wants someone like him. She wants him, but she feels like she is waiting in vain for him. For him to show her the open door to step into his heart not knowing she is already there and just have to close it with the key.

It's been three years since I'm knockin' on your door,
And I still can knock some more:
Ooh girl, ooh girl, is it feasible?
I wanna know now, for I to knock some more.
Ya see, in life I know there's lots of grief,
But your love is my relief:
Tears in my eyes burn - tears in my eyes burn
While I'm waiting - while I'm waiting for my turn,
See!

Years later, Zach and Marlo are still riding for each other. Their friendship got stronger, their love for each other got stronger but their grief as well. One still doesn't know that the other truly loves them and it is slowly eating them out alive. Marlo prays every night, asking God to bring peace and Zach to her heart. Zach sometimes cry because he can't deal with all of this suffering. They are just there waiting, waiting for their turn.

Andrew starts to notice his friends distress with one another. He knew that both of them loved each other and encouraged them to make the first move, but they were both stuck on this waiting list. He met with them one day to discuss this toxic list that was burning their souls.

"You guys know that you are my friends right." he started off their little meeting. Zach and Marlo weren't talking that day due to a heated argument the day before. They just nodded their heads at Andrew signaling for him to continue.

"Well as a good friend, I've notice something. That both of you guys like, no, love each other soo deeply but refuse to acknowledge it and put each other on your 'waiting list'. It is causing a toxic atmosphere and it is going to kill both of y'all souls if you keep it up. Because I know both of you guys do not want to wait especially not in vain."

Marlo and Zach were shocked at their friend's words. They looked at each other realising that they were not hurt themselves but the one they truly love as well. Andrew left the table so they could talk. Not knowing what to say, the room fell into silence. A silence that was screaming for answers. A silence they did not want to endure.

"I just don't want to wait in vain for your love." Zach said before kissing her.

_._
This one made me shed a tear a bit. But I hope you enjoyed it sweetheart. 💜

Don't get confused on the writing styles. It would vary on the topic/scenario of the imagine 😊

Until Next Time Schats (Cuties)
One Love
-Agape 💜