I Have Something to Say

Forsweatykenallen

Buddy's P.O.V.

Ryleigh has always been the girl of my dreams but I never knew how to express my feelings towards her. With my time at home coming to an end I have to tell her how I feel, but not in anyway. It has to be done right in a Buddy-like way.

"Yo Buddy, you aight bro?" my friend Josh came up to me on the court where I was shooting hoops.

"Yeah of course. Why?" I said before drowning a three.

"Well. I have been calling your name for the past 5 minutes to play a game of pick up but you look like you concentrating on something. You nervous about college man?" he asked standing infront of me. I am nervous about college but that is the least of my worries right now.

"Yes, but I'm worried about Ryleigh." I said. Josh shook his head with a smile on his face.

"Still crushin' on ole girl I see. But let me tell you something. Tell her that you like her. I mean it is kind of obvious." he dragged out.

"Obvious how?" I questioned him. I swear only him and maybe my mother because she knows everything knows I like Ryleigh from small. Josh laughed and called the rest guys over.

"Aye fellahs, is it true that it is quite obvious that Buddy likes Ryleigh?" he asked the guys.

"Ryleigh, Ryleigh, girl from down the road Ryleigh?" one of the guys asked.

"Yeah"

"Man the whole neighborhood knows you have a thing for that girl. Since like 1st grade. I mean." one started to laugh.

"Like the teachers and all knew that. Why you think you guys always sat next to each other." the next one continued.

"It is true. My mom told me this last night. That in the staff room the faculty would root for you guys but she say you lapsing." the last one finished. I don't know to be more surprised that it was that obvious or the fact that my teachers were involved in my love life, instead of marking papers.

"Told you. So how you going to tell her?" Josh asked.

"I don't know but I know it is going to be great." I said before hitting another three pointer.

"Hey Buddy" Ryleigh said as she answered the door.

"Wassup. Are you ready for our icecream run?" I asked with a big grin on my face.

"I am always ready for ice cream. Let us go." she said pulling me towards the sidewalk. As we walked towards our neighbourhood icecream parlour, I could not stop watching her. The way she gracefully moved throughout the streets made me love her evenmore.

"Sooo Buddy. I have a feeling you want to tell me something." she said as we sat down on the bench infront of the store.

"Why do you say that?" I said taking a bite out of my icecream sandwich. I was nervous as hell and not sure how to address this.

"Because you told me like five times on the way here that you have something to tell me." she said laughing. Oh yeah I did.

"Basically Ryleigh. We have known each other since kindergarten. We technically grew up with each other with each others family and such. I've seen you grown into a strong and beautiful young woman and I am glad that I got to experience it. What I am trying to say is that I like you, shit not even. I am in love you. This has been like this before I knew girls had vaginas and being in a relationship was cool. I know the timing is really off especially with the fact that I am leaving for school, but I had to tell you this and I hope it doesn't effect us negatively." I said under one breathe.

She grabbed my face and kissed me. Wait she kiss me. I mean we are kissing. I never thought that this day would come. As we pulled away I saw the boys and a couple of our highschool teachers smiling at us.

"Uhh Buddy. Why they are watching us like that." she whispered to me.

"They have been waiting for this for a long time sweetheart. A long time.' I said shaking my head.

_._

It was short and cheesy but I hope you enjoyed it Ryleigh 😊

Until Next Time
One Love
Agape 💜