Chapter 10: The Prophecy

“I don’t want to,” Edana stated stubbornly.

“Come on, Edana, what’s the deal?”  Josh asked exasperated, he seemed to have gotten that Edana had nearly driven him crazy the previous day and was back to being perfectly pleasant with her.

“That guy’s got some weird ideas about me being part of some prophecy and saving kingdoms and all that crap!  I don’t want to!”  She stated obstinately, crossing her arms across her chest.

They were standing outside the house they’d been using the past few days, everyone waiting patiently for Edana to join them in the car except for Josh and Christian.  Edana had accidentally found out about their sneaky plan to reveal her to the Prince and she was not happy.  Suddenly, faster than Edana could blink, Christian had picked her up, tossed her unsympathetically into the car, buckled her in and slammed the door shut in her face.

Josh and Christian then quickly joined the rest in the car so Darren could drive off before Edana had a chance to escape.

“I hate you guys,” Edana muttered grumpily.

“Stop being a brat,” Philip scolded.  Edana stuck her tongue out in reply.

“One million bottles of beer on the wall…” Edana began to sing under her breath.

“NO!!”  All five vampyres suddenly yelled, making Edana laugh.

“Oh come on, it was funny,” Edana grinned.

“It was painful,” Dantè snapped, glaring at her.

“You shouldn’t have tied me up.”

“You would have run away if I hadn’t.”

“Would not!”

“Would too!”

“Would not!”

“Would too!”

“Just shut up!!”  Darren finally yelled.  “You two are acting like a couple of children!!”

“Technically I am still a child for a few more months,” Edana smirked.  “I’m not eighteen yet.”

“So Dantè’s having a childish argument with a girl over a millennium younger than him?”  Josh chortled, earning himself a scathing glance from Dantè.

The rest of the drive was spent in silence (besides a few minutes of arguments after Edana made Christian repeatedly poke Darren in the ear without realising it) until they finally pulled up in front of the old stereotypical vampyre mansion.

“Now, Edana, please remember that this is the Prince of our people and as such deserves to be treated –”

“Just shut up and let’s get this over with,” Edana scowled, interrupting Christian mid-lecture and storming up to the front door.  Thanks to Christian and Darren, Mr and Mrs Royal-Pain-In-The-Ass now knew all about her little acting trick, so she figured she might as well make an impression.

She put the fiercest scowl she could manage on her face, crossed her arms over chest and waited for someone to knock on the giant door.

Philip was the first one to reach the door after her.  He took one look at her face and sighed, “You’re not going to go easy on them are you?”

“I’m going to be as bitchy as I can so I can get out of here as fast as I can,” she replied simply.

He just sighed again in reply and used one of the droplet-knockers to knock on the door.