Chapter 3: The Mother of All Secrets - Part 2

Edana smiled evilly before scrolling through his contacts and hitting dial on her number.  She counted the rings – one – before she answered.

‘Wow.’  Edana thought.

“Dan!  Oh, thank the heavens you called!  I was starting to think you were mad at me!  I knew you loved me!  I knew you’d call!  We’re meant to –” Candice rambled into the phone, sounding like she was close to tears, before Edana cut her off.

“Who’re you?”  Edana feigned ignorance.

“What do you mean who am I?  Who the fuck are you, bitch?  And what are you doing on my boyfriend’s phone?!”  She sounded hysterical again.  Edana walked to the next room before replying.

“Dan, you got a girlfriend?!”  She shouted, pretending to be angry.

“NO!”  Came his reply from the kitchen.

“He says he doesn’t have a girlfriend.”

“Well obviously he’d tell a slut like you that!  Although I can’t believe he would cheat on me!”  Edana walked back to kitchen and sat next to Danni.

“So Danni, if you don’t have a girlfriend, then who’s Candice?”

“Just some chick I banged a few times who’s gone stalker on me,” he replied, trying to hold back his laughter from Edana’s antics.

“LET ME TALK TO HIM RIGHT NOW!  PUT HIM ON THE PHONE!  HE’S JUST SAYING THAT SO YOU DON’T FREAK OUT!”  She shouted through the phone, although it sounded like she was trying to reassure herself more than Edana.  Edana passed the phone to Danni and he put it on speakerphone, so that Edana could hear as well.

“Hey sugarplum, please tell that stupid slut to leave the room, so we can talk freely,” she purred.  Edana had to clamp her hand over her mouth to stop from laughing out loud at the pet name she had given him.

“Babe, leave the room real quick, please,” he said to no one in particular.  “Okay she’s gone,” he said after a few seconds.

“Om my gosh Baby, how could you cheat on me?!  You’ve ignored all my messages and then I get a call, expecting you, and get that skank instead!  And then to talk about me like that!  Babe, why would you say that about me?!  Even if it is just so that the bimbo won’t know you’ve got a girlfriend!”  She wailed, by the end of her tirade, she was crying her eyes out.

“Candice, first of all, how do you know my full name?”

“I checked your I.D. when you were passed out, after we first got together,” she responded calmly.  Edana’s jaw dropped and her eyes bulged out of her head, Danni shook his head and silently mouthed the words ‘psychotic bitch’.

“Okay, second of all, my phone was off while I was sleeping so I only got you messages now –”

“Oh thank goodness!  I thought you were mad me!  I love you so much Sweetie-pie –”

“And third of all, I don’t have a girlfriend –”

“But –” she interrupted him again.

“Candice we aren’t dating!  We were never dating!  We fooled around a few times but that was it, and now even that’s over because I’ve realised you’re are a psychotic bitch and I want nothing more to do with you!  I don’t love you!  I never did and you’re crazy if you think that!  It was sex!  Nothing more, nothing less!  I’m sorry, but if I get one more text or call from you, I’m changing my number!”  He practically yelled into the phone.  “Goodbye,” he said in a strained calm voice, before hanging up.