Chapter 2: All Work and Lots of Play - Part 1

Belzy climbed off Tiger and helped him up.  He dusted himself off and picked Belzy up.  Throwing her around his waist so that her hips were at his back and he was using his arms to hold her legs and waist on either side of him.  She just laughed and put her hands behind her head like she was relaxing on the beach.

Crusher threw an arm around Flame’s and Snake’s shoulders and they all walked into the club, going down the stairs at the back entrance to get to the basement that was used as the training area and had a huge cage in the middle for the fights.

When they reached Boss, who was in his office, Tiger put Belzy down before she banged her head and legs on the doorframe and Flame banged the palm of his hand on the open door.

“Ah, my favourite five,” Boss smiled when he saw them standing in his doorway.

“Sup, Boss-man!  What’s this I hear about a guy who wants to meet the man behind the name?”  Belzy asked, smirking at the idea of giving another guy the surprise of a lifetime.

“So you’ve heard?  I guess I have Tiger to thank for that,” he laughed.

“But of course.  So what’re the deets?  I need a time Boss-man; apparently I have a race tonight as well.”

“A busy lady I see.  How about at eleven?  And I’m guessing I have to keep your gender as quiet as possible?”  He laughed, knowing how Belzy could be.

“Always!  And that sounds good; I’m hoping to have the race at about nine so I’m guessing eleven should be fine.  If not I’ll make the race earlier.  And yes to the gender question!  You know me too well Boss-man!”  Belzy replied with her trademark mischievous smirk.

“Good then.  I’ll give him a call.  What song do you want as your intro and winning song?”  He asked.  She had been using the same songs for the past three years of her fighting career but it was protocol to ask nonetheless.

“The usual, Boss-man. Right Now by Korn as my intro and when I win Devil Woman by Cradle Of Filth,” she smirked with pure confidence.

“I don’t know Belzy, this guy’s big and from what I’ve heard he’s really good.”  Boss was just riling her up and everybody knew it.  She had never lost a fight since she started three years ago. She was undefeated and that’s why outsiders where so eager to fight her and the regulars where so eager not to.

Even though everyone knew that Boss-man was just riling her up and actually had complete faith in her, it didn’t help Belzy’s short-fused temper.

“What the fuck ever.  He’s probably tiny compared to people I’ve beat!  Everybody knows I’m the best so psht!”  She grumbled, stalking out the office while the rest just laughed.

“Okay so that’s tonight sorted.  Crusher and I will work on getting the deets for this evening’s race, you said nine or earlier, right?  Done, done and done,” Tiger said once they had caught up with Belzy at the lockers.  Belzy, Flame and Tiger threw their things in their lockers before locking it up again.

“Okay good ‘cause Snake, Belzy and I need to work on our routine.  By the way guys if we have time, could we work on I’m Not Your Boyfriend Baby a few more times?  I’m still not 100% sure of it yet,” Flame asked turning to Snake and Belzy while Crusher and Tiger walked off.

Belzy was the only one who really brought all of them together.  They were all involved in different parts of the club but Belzy, who was always full of energy and always looking for the next big thing to do, did all of them.  Flame, Belzy and Snake were on the dance crew known as the Bonfire Breakers because they trained at the club.  Belzy was sort of the unofficial leader as she always did all the crazy stunts everyone else was too scared to do and because she memorized the moves the fastest.  Crusher and Belzy were both fighters at the club and Tiger and Belzy were both street racers.