Chapter 3: The Mother of All Secrets - Part 1

“Wake the fuck up!

Wake the fuck up!

Wake the fuck up!

Wake the fuck up!

Wake the fuck up!

Wake the fuck up!

Wake the fuck up!

Wake the fuck up –”

“BAM!” 

“–Each day, more frightening

all of us wanna die–”

“BAM!”

“–The pressure's tightening

I don't even want to try –”

“BAM!”

“–Should I take all the stupid bullshit

what makes them think they can get away with it?–”

“BAM!”

“–I'm not happy

I wish they'd just...–”

“BAM!”

“–Wake the fuck up!

Wake the –”

“Okay.  Okay, I surrender!”  Edana moaned, giving up trying to smack her alarm into silence.  She squinted at her alarm clock – 10 a.m.

‘Stupid alarm clock!  A whole six hours of sleep.  Great.’  She thought sarcastically.  She rolled on to her back and made a grab for her cigarettes.  They weren’t there.

“What the fuck?!”  Edana yelped, jumping out of bed.

Her cigarettes were nowhere to be seen.  She thought back to last night carefully, going over all the details in her head.

‘Hah!’  She thought triumphantly as she jumped for her handbag.  After a few seconds of rummaging, she discovered them.  She snatched them up, grabbed the lighter that Boss-man had given her and threw herself callously back on to her bed.  She grabbed the ashtray off her side table as she lit a cigarette.

She smiled devilishly to herself.  Last night had been fun.

‘Seven grand in one night, not bad at all.’  She thought.  She was going to spoil herself today, she decided.  She would work on her routine and stunt for Bonkers and then since she had done more than enough schoolwork yesterday, she decided to skip ‘school’ for the day and head to the mall instead.  She smiled to herself.

‘I wonder if Ripper ended up getting lucky with that girl he was with last night?  Probably, she looked slutty enough for a one-night-stand.  Hm, good for him.  Would Danni be up yet?  What about Tracy?  I bet they have hangovers from hell!  Did Greg and Jerry get home safe last night?  I’m sure they did.  I would’ve known if something happened.  What about the block though?  No, no I’m sure it would be negated if they were in serious trouble.  I should call and check, just in case.  Gives me an excuse to make Danni and Tracy’s hangover-headaches worse, if they have them.’  She laughed at that.

She rolled out of bed and went back to handbag.  She grabbed her phone and dialled Jerry first.  She counted the rings – two – before he answered.

“’Sup, babe?”  He chirped, before she had a chance to greet him.  She smiled.

“Hey angel,” she smirked.

“What’s with the call, love?”  He continued with the pet names.

“Just wanted to make sure you got home safe last night.  Giving the whole gang a call,” she replied.