Chapter Two

• Dedicated to Bradley 'jean-claude' Schaaf

This time I dedicate this chapter to my great friend Brad. He doesn't have an account on here but none the less, he has been my emotional rock through some pretty rough years. Here's to you little/big brother. Song for this chapter is Here With Me by Dido. I listening to my boyfriends ipod when the song came on and it just seemed right for this chapter. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                                                   Jake

       “What took you long to call me?” Rose demanded and even with a two hour difference her anger still made be cringe over the phone.

“Well I’ve been busy. Some of the deliveries were late and every time I got time to myself… there still is a two hour difference.”

I waited while she hesitated. I could hear her lips pop at something.

“Suckers will only rot your teeth,” I told her.

“Don’t bother, I’m still mad at you.”

“Rose…”

“It didn’t matter what time of night you called me. You should have still called at the latest two weeks. I never gave a time limit.”

“Sorry.”

“But anyways,” she continued on, “I forgive you. How are things out there?”

“Can’t complain, I make friends easily. I think you guys would get along pretty great. There‘s the cousins I think you would have had a hard time choosing which. Then there‘s Lillian with hair so naturally great it could make you sick. Really, things are great.”

I stopped noticing at how quiet Rose had been through most of the conversation. Normally she would be chatting my ear off about the stupid things Pete did. 

“Rose?”

Silence. 

“Um Rose.”

“Y-yes! Sorry my mind was drifting right around the part where you replaced me for someone with great hair.”

“So dramatic, and I know you well enough to know that’s not the truth. What’s been going on with you?”

I could literally feel her guilty face expression.

“Rose seriously. Tell me please? I wont get mad. Promise.”

“I got a boyfriend.”

I didn’t really know what to say.

“Anybody we know?”

“No not really,” she replied, “I kind of want to keep it quiet until I’m sure its serious.”

“I wish I could say that Pete would be heartbroken but you guys have always been more like siblings.”

“Yeah he doesn’t know either. Nobody really does yet. Just you because we are still best friends right?”

“Yeah,” and I rolled my eye’s at the phone.

“Don’t roll your eyes at me.”

I pulled the phone away from my head wondering how she did that.

“It’s all in your tone,” she replied to my mental question.

“So is there anything you can talk to me about?” I asked walking over to my computer desk.

I was looking at my Facebook page noticing now that Rose had sent me sixteen messages that were border line violent.

“Not really, maybe later. What about you? Any eye catching guys where you are? If there is he’s got to be really something.”