Chapter Twenty-six

Tonight and The Rest Of My Life by Nina Gordon and you'll see why. Aw I love love love happy stuff! More Ruby Rose of RWBY to the right. Dedication is to jake3994 because the name is awesome!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                                        Danny

“Hello cousin!” I heard a familiar shout from down below which woke me, “You can’t hide we know you are here with Jake.” The demanding voice got closer, “Your mama told us so!”

I groaned while I looked down at my Jake who was still sleeping peacefully. With effort I pushed myself away from him ready to guard the bedroom door with a flaming sword if necessary. Autumn was just running up the stairs when I reached them.

“He’s still asleep,” I said in low voice even though he was down the hall and three doors down.

Autumn had the dignity to look ashamed at herself. More like faked it.

Then she started to tip toe her way back down the stairs mouthing things silently like, “Oh ok, I’ll just get on back downstairs here,” and lastly, “you got a little drool there on your mouth.”

I still rubbed both sides of my mouth anyway.

“Danny?” Jake was awake rubbing his eyes and standing in my doorway.

I immediately moved towards him taking him into my arms where he belonged. 

“Is somebody here?” he asked suddenly wide awake.

My arms were still wrapped completely around him not ready to let him go just yet. His chin barely reached my shoulder. I rubbed his back for a moment longer before I answered him.

“Yeah my family. That is if you don’t mind,” I released him to get a look at his face.

Jake nodded looking like a big weight was lifted off his shoulders.

“You mean you’re not even nervous?” I had to ask him.

Who knew how much information Autumn would have gotten during that big fight Jake and I got into. Autumn always meant what she said.

Jake shook his head, “Take me to your leader. And by the way you kept pulling me on you saying the same thing over and over again.”

“Umm…” was all I could say at first. “What did… I say…?”

When he smiled it made me smile. That something I had been getting a lot lately. Even if he hurt I hurt too. 

“You kept saying, My Jake, That’s my Jake, my Jake my Jake, stuff like that,” he was looking very amused by that.

“Ok just know I have an aunt that has no shame,” I warned him. He didn’t get to meet everyone yet.

Together hand in hand I let him down the stairs and over into the living room. There must have been like twenty people in there all eager to meet Jake. Jake took everything like a professional. I never told him that out of the other guys I dated, it would have never gone this far. 

“So glad to see you again,” my Aunt Jane said, “If you saw the way this guy looked every time he even said your name.”

She kept hugging my boyfriend that I almost started to feel concerned about it.

Everyone kept hugging my Jake. 

Autumn kept patting Jake’s back. I gave a sigh of relief.

“Could you step back and give him some air,” I said without fully realizing the words were out.