Chapter Fifteen

Phew this was another scene that orginally wasn't in my story. But now it is! Woo! This here is the mega upload that took me so long to write, edit, and tweak. The next chapter which is being uploaded right after is part of this too. Anyways the Christmas special because its my second favorite holiday. Halloween will always be the best for me. The little drummer boy is the song that played in the background at Jake's grandma's house.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~               

                                             Jake

More weeks went by and it was almost Christmas. That was something to look forward to. There was still that second date to go on with Danny.

So when Christmas came and as tradition we all had to dress up. It was rare to see both my parents off work but they always pulled through for Christmas. I mirrored my dad in a three piece suit. My dad finally decided to comb his wild hair.

“Eric you really need a hair cut,” my mom chided combing her own with her head hanging down to the side. 

My mom was stunning a floor length dress as we were all getting ready to meet at Grandma’s house. She covered her shoulders in a shawl and I could tell she was letting her black hair grow out more. Her skin had a natural tan to it but the dress made it almost glow. My mom was not a big make up wearing kind of girl. She had a natural beauty. That was what both my Grandmother and father always said.

The Christmas tree was a fake one but it was still beautifully decorated. My dad and I were the ones that did it. It was white with silver tinsel and red ordainments. We always had an angel at the top of our tree. And I think we did a pretty good job at it. It took three different stores one after another with my mom a week back. But we managed perfectly to get everything we needed. There were even a few gifts under the tree already. 

The doorbell rang and I ran to go get it.

Charles was holding some kind of mystery thing in his hand wrapped in foil that I almost didn’t take it. I knew better than to be that naive around Charles by now. But when Charles cocked his head to the side. I shifted my weight and he tried to look over me.

“Charles what the crap are you looking at?”

Charles suddenly looked at me weirdly because I used the word crap.

“My parents are right behind me, you want me to die?” I said maybe too irritably.

Charles could always see through my moods as he tried again to look over me.

“One comment on your mom,” he said.

“Um Charles she is like only seven feet behind me,” I said but he went on as if he didn’t hear me.

“M.I.L.F.”

My mouth did little weird noises and I felt my mom stiffen behind me.

Wait how did and when did she get behind me.

“Hi Charles,” she was suddenly smiling far too brightly at my right shoulder while also fixing and earring in her left ear. “Let me personally say a thank you to your mother. Isn’t that her in that van right behind you?”

Charles was stammering things and his face made a lot of silly faces.

I looked away letting Charles deal with his own mess he got himself into.

“I hear dad calling see you after, later, or never Charles,” and I left the front door.

“He deserved it,” my dad said readjusting his tie as he always did.