Chapter Three

Okay! Finally! The big night for my characters! Really a lot happens but more will be explored in the future. I used Jake's point of veiw and threw in Dannys. Originally this was all going to be strictly in Jake's point of veiw but that got boring. Surely everything Jake does in his day cant always be so interesting. So it was like I said in the last chapter... the short story I wrote is in here only it grew well past it. Anyways the romantic song for this chapter is Unchained Melody by Righteous Brothers. And lastly I dedicate this chapter to you Chris, even though like Brad you don't have an account on here yet. Thanks for helping me get inspired to keep writing :)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~      

                                                                           Jake

Mind you this wasn’t the night for falling in love. I decided to be the male version of Red Ridding Hood. Why not think outside the box? Danny was sitting pretty much by himself on the bleachers in the gym where the dance was. Normally he was with his friends or by himself studying. Sometimes I’d catch him in the library but we were always on opposite sides of each other. 

Gosh was I being a creep for noticing those things? I cant say that I was interested in dating him right away. The simple fact being I was still a virgin and had no idea how things were supposed to go. I had gotten lip action before but that was it.

I arrived with Jimmy, Charles, Lillian, and Heather that I had to pick up. They made things easier so I didn’t have to make four stops around town. I got them all from Lillian’s house. Apparently Charles and Heather had their honeymoon still in the works. Charles decided to be a pirate for the third year in the row. Heather was Alice from Alice in Wonderland. 

Lillian decided to go fancy in a ballroom gown which took up the whole row of seats in the back. Jimmy looked like he was going to a masquerade party. Lillian and Jimmy had been ogling each other most of the night. Hmm.

So anyways I was minding my own business. Watching the clock over the front door for the rest of my friends to show up when Charles tapped me on the shoulder.

“Lillian and Jimmy just wandered off,” he told me with a grin, “Now that was something I hadn’t seen coming. Anyways I am thinking of doing the same with Heather. My regards to everybody else.”

“Good luck,” I told him and meant it.

I could see why he made it to the football team once because he maneuvered around the crowd effortlessly to Heather.

I turned my back again just in time to see Nick and Nikko who both decided to be zombies. 

“Hey Red!” This had to be Daniel a loud mouth but harmless ex-quarterback.

Danny’s best friend.

I didn’t know what to expect seeing as he and I never had spoken to each before.

Daniel was slim but stronger than he looked. His blondish or brownish hair hung over his left eye brow in a way that some people liked. I didn’t see the point in it. He was tanned maybe a little too much. He was dressed tonight in a tuxedo that was ragged, ripped at the sleeve, and some blood on his dress shirt. 

I put two and two together. Ah so he was prom King that had a night of hell that survived the massacre.

I kept my face blank while he motioned for me to come over.

“You know if Lillian is single tonight?” He asked me when I made it over to him.

I guess he didn’t hear about last week.

“Funny enough, she had her sights on Jimmy tonight. I think they wandered off a few minutes ago.”

Daniel looked bummed out.