Chapter Nine

Well no song for this chapter because I couldn't find one that would fit properly. To the right when you scroll you may see a picture of Brando Eaton one of the choices for Jake. The picture just reminds me of Jake. Spencer Boldman being the other choice.  It is still undecided. Heather Kelley is still unknown too.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                                             Danny

I kept replaying the kiss in my head over the weekend. That time when I first came to Jake’s house. Not enough to the point that it screwed with my football practice. Did I think he came on too strong? At first yes but it was all very welcome. He was doing his best to show he wasn’t emotional player. I remembered what that felt like. 

I got up for school kind of wishing I had the time to visit Jake again. Homework and football practice was tiring. I hardly had much time to myself in result. The only time I had to myself was sleep. Not that I was really complaining. 

Daniel had been picking me up and dropping me off everyday to school. Maybe he was trying to make up for his drunk night. 

A pair of white laced panties was almost shoved up my nose just as I clicked my seatbelt in. 

“Dude!”

Daniel pulled them back before I could swat him and grinned.

“You got some,” I bumped fists with him because after all he was still my best friend.

“We are still young but not so dumb,” He started driving, “Higher chances of coming across a virgin at this age.”

My face pulled up into a common grin whenever he was around. He had the mind of puppy that wasn’t always so one tracked. We could be talking about a bird for example then end up talking about woodwork. How we got on to that, we never knew, nor asked.

“Sometimes I don’t think I know what I am missing,” he was still saying, “but I gave it to her anal.”

I kept my comment about Gary to myself.

“Oh joy.”

“That’s about as close to it,” he bumped his horn where there was no traffic yet, “that I can ever get. But it must feel like the first time every time I bet. Eh?”

I didn’t reply because in truth I didn’t care to talk about it with him.

“Dude the look on your face!”

Damn.

“Like tomato red!”

He laughed at me.

“Watch out for that deer right there.”

“What deer? There wouldn’t be any-” he caught on, “I’ll remember that one.”

He was smiling anyway.

“You talk to Jake again yet?” he took a moment to look at me before looking back at the road.

“No,” I couldn’t really look at him, “Is he still down in the dumps?”

“I don’t think so, he seems happier lately,” he replied.

We didn’t say anything to each other right away after that.

I broke the silence, “I’m thinking about visiting him again but maybe after he’s off being grounded.”

Daniel took a hard look at me, well as hard as one can do when they are driving at the same time.