Chapter Eighteen

I chose the song The Light Before We Land by The Delgados simply because of what is coming. Also the anime Gunsliger Girl seemed cool. Sadly I never got around yet to watch it for myself. More Steven Strait yummyness to the right. He does have a very small part in this chapter. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                                       Danny

It was getting close. I was going to have to tell him that thing I needed to tell him a long time ago before I chose to be in relationship. It was going to be nasty and I dreaded that. As I was looking into Jake’s eyes I couldn’t do it though. He made me feel so good that I could forget what I needed to do. It wasn’t his fault, it was mine.

I let him go though so we could both get to our classes after a peck on his lips.

School was back in session which meant it was time to start hitting the books again. Not to mention Jake was right about his sister. At least she was sober, she was a pretty cool gal to have around. Jake pouted silently whenever I brought up the word ‘study’ and it made me tingle happily inside. This was how an honest relationship felt. He was the kind of person I could talk to about anything. Well almost anything because there was luggage to be dealt with. I planned on dealing with that very soon.

Daniel and I shared the same Chemistry class. Say what you want about dumb jocks because there were no dumb jocks here. If I told Daniel what I needed to tell him here it wouldn’t be fair. Yet it was him I had to tell first. If I told Jake it would feel as though I betrayed my friendship with Daniel. He had to know what was going on.

I sat back on my stool next to Daniel quiet like I always was. He goofed off like he usually did but at least he didn’t need to copy my notes after school. It was going to have to be soon. I played the scenarios inside my head on how to go about it. I wasn’t a blunt person as Jake is but there really wasn’t an easy way to bringing this out.

I waited until class ended, the last class of the day.

“Daniel,” I waited while everyone else was caught up in their own commotion in their lockers eager to get home, “I need to talk to you today.”

Daniel looked at me then and said, “Trouble in paradise?” he grinned at his own joke.

“Kind of,” I replied my thumb nervously ran up and down the strap on my back pack.

“Ok well tell me all about it on our way out of here. I mean I’m glad and all to be back here but enough is enough. The pity party we’re getting here is too much. I want some real homework again.”

He shut his locker and expected me to follow him out like it always was.

When we got outside to his car he put his history books in.

“Light reading?” I joked lamely trying to lighten the mood.

Daniel’s head snapped my direction seeing I was acting out character.

My mouth opened but instead I walked to the other side of the car and got in. Daniel trying not to be creepy by staring got in and we were out of the school parking lot.

“Well,” Daniel sounded impatient, “What did you want to talk about?”

I closed my eyes exasperated suddenly. This was going to be such a low blow. I wished I could get this weight off of my shoulders. I wished I could feel better when I told him though I knew I wouldn’t.

So when I told him everything in the car went silent.

Jake