eight::

I was excited for the day at work, I was scrubbing in on my first neuro surgery with Shepherd, the day couldn't get any better.

I felt someone knock into my shoulder causing me to drop all my papers, I looked up and saw the back of a man with dark hair.

"Hey! Watch where you're fucking going!" I shouted, but the man ignored me.

I groaned and picked up the papers spilled out all over the floor.

«»

"Dixon! What took you so long?" Bailey yelled.

"Sorry, Bailey. I have the labs." I said, handing her a folder.

She opened the folder up, and flipped through the pages, "Good, now you can-"

She stopped and looked out the door, her mouth opened.

I gave her a look and turned around and saw Shepherd punch some guy in the face, "Awesome! The last real fight I saw was in high school! This is fucking great! Fight! Fight!"

Bailey gave me a look, and then I stopped chanting.

"Dr.Shepherd!" Bailey said, and ran out the door to stop it.

"What the hell was that!" I heard Meredith yell.

"That was Mark," Shepherd said.

I followed her out and saw Meredith trying to tug Shepherd off the man who I soon realized was the guy from earlier who ran into me. I was kinda happy Shepherd had punched him. He seemed like a dick. Maybe I was getting over worked about him running into me, but I wasn't really a morning person and didn't like dealing with people's bull shit.

Bailey and Meredith had finally gotten Shepherd off the man after a couple punches, but not small ones. He had a huge cut on the side of his face.

"Karma bitch." I said quietly.

"Dixon you sew up his face, and Shepherd you come with me." Bailey said.

"Are you serious?! I'm supposed to scrub in with Shepherd for Mr.Gates' Surgery!"

"Well I'll tell him to find someone else," Bailey said.

"Aw, Bailey please," I said.

She gave me a look, "Fix his face. Now."

«»

"Will you just hold still please?" I asked, trying to swab the cut

"Does it always rain here? Makes me wanna stay in bed all day." He smirked at me, "So do you date your co-workers?"

"Uhm," I looked at him confused, "I have a sorta personal rule against it."

"Well it's good I don't work here then," he said.

I stopped what I was doing and gave him a look, "Seriously? I've been trying to fix your stupid face for like 30 seconds, and you've already brought up bed, and trying to hit on me and don't pretend you weren't looking at my ass or boobs. You're not very subtle or good at this."

"Subtle was never my strong suit."

"Right," I said swabbing his cut, "So did you do something to piss Derek off?"

"I guess Derek and I have the same taste in women," he said, "Except I don't know what Derek thinks of you."

"Oh, so you're the one who slept with Derek's wife," I looked him up and down, "Yeah I can see it."

I was right. Dick. Big dick.

"What's that supposed to mean?" he asked, getting angry.

"Look at you, your ego is through the roof, you're way too confident, you keep trying to hit on me, and even when I called you out on it, you still keep looking at my chest." I said, grabbing the suture kit.

"You know my 400 dollar an hour shrink says that behind this rugged and confident exterior, I'm self destructive and self loathing to an almost pathological degree." He said.

"Are you trying to make me feel sorry for you?" I asked, putting a towel on his shoulder.

"Hey what are you doing?" He asked.

"Oh don't worry your beautiful face will be fine," I said rolling my eyes.

"Here hold this," he said, shoving a mirror into my hands.

"Okay, I know you're really confident and think you're super hot and all but now isn't the time to be admiring yourse-. Are you suturing, Seriously?" I said, as he stared to suture his own face, "Oh my fucking god." I laughed. "Are you fucking serious?"

After a couple minutes he was done and handed me the kit, I rolled my eyes at him and grabbed it from him.

"Mark," he said, outstretching his hand.

I looked down at his hand then back at him, "Brandy."

~

Sorry this is super short, it just seemed like the perfect way to end it, so I did do a double publish but it works since this one is so short, but finally Mark shows up!!