fifty five:::::

[ nothing with you ]

"What do you think?" I asked, spinning around

"Well, it's definitely different," Cristina said.

I stopped and gave her a glare.

"I think it looks really nice," Meredith said, "A new you!"

"A new me," I said, turning to look in the mirror, "You're right. A new me. If I'm being totally honest. It was Ben's idea, but I really like it. He was right. I've been really stressed out lately. But the boards are over. We all passed and we're going to be attendings!"

I looked down at all the hair on the bathroom floor. I felt so much lighter. It felt a little symbolic. I felt good. For once, I felt good.

"I'm gonna go get something to clean up this hair with," Meredith said, walking out of the bathroom.

I sighed, "Really? Because of Ben?"

"I don't know, I heard the last time he was here it didn't go down so well," Cristina said, shifting her position on the toilet, "Also, her and Derek are in a mess about her fellowship and what not."

"Well, it was a rough night for everyone," I said, running my fingers through my freshly chopped hair, "Hey, you know there's a chair right there, right?"

"Yeah, but that has a bunch of April's crap on it," she looked over to the chair.

"Yeah, but everyone puts their crap in that, literally," I said.

"Quit changing the subject," Cristina zeroed in on me.

"What subject?" Meredith asked walking in with a broom and dust pan.

"Ben," Cristina answered her.

"Oh," Meredith said, getting to sweeping.

"Look, Meredith, I know you don't like him and honestly maybe I wouldn't either if he came into my house-"

"First of all, I never said I didn't like him. He's just a bit eh," she said with a shrug, "And shouldn't that raise a red flag?"

"You didn't let me finish, given the circumstance, I probably wouldn't, you just don't know him well enough is all."

"Right," Meredith nodded, "Well, maybe I could get to know him better, like a double date?"

"Us? Go on a double date? You're crazy!" I shook my head.

"I'm serious, it could be fun," Meredith insisted.

"Fine. On one condition," I said.

"What's that?" she asked.

"We make it a triple date," I looked over to Cristina.

"Oh, hell no," Cristina shook her head, "One couple is enough for me."