forty six:::

{ same old }

mark's pov

"Good morning!"

I opened my eyes and saw Brandy with her head propped up, smiling at me.

"Morning," I said, feeling nothing but guilt as I looked at her and that beautiful smile.

"So, I know these past several months have been miserable, but I feel like things have been getting better. I think we're at a good place right now, you know? I was thinking maybe tonight, I could cook dinner and we can have a romantic night. How does that sound?" She smiled, clearly very excited about it.

I started to frown. Things had been going great. And now Callie was pregnant and I was going to ruin everything.

"That...that sounds great," I lied through my teeth.

She smiled, "Great! I know we usually don't do stuff like this, but I'm glad we're giving it a try."

"Me too," I nodded.

"I've got something I want to talk to you about too. Something exciting, I promise! I think you'll like it."

"Really? Well I have something to tell you too," I said.

"I can't wait to hear it, but I gotta get moving," She said, sitting up, "I'll see you tonight!"

"Yeah, tonight."

She pressed a kiss to my lips, and slipped out of bed and went to the bathroom to get ready.

A rock formed in my stomach, as I thought about how I was going to ruin her perfect night, what was supposed to be our perfect night.

°°

brandy's pov

"Do you want to go out to Joe's with us tonight?" Meredith asked, "Owen and Derek are hanging out at the house, Mark could come too."

"He would love that, but we've got dinner tonight. Maybe next week?" I asked.

"I'm game for the bar any day," Cristina said.

"Perfect," I smiled, "Mark said he has something he wants to tell me."

"What do you think it is?" Meredith asked.

"I bet he got fired," Cristina said.

"No, I think it's something good! Exciting. Also I told him I have something I want to talk about him with too, so I'm not the only one being left hanging."

"Well what is it?" Meredith asked taking a sip from her coffee.

"I'll tell you after I tell him and find out how it goes."

"Here you go doctor," A nurse handed Cristina a file and the three of us started to walk.

"Ugh, I need to know what it is now," Cristina frowned.

"Well, I can't wait to tell him either. It's something I've been thinking about for awhile," I shook my head.

"Well we need to hear about it right away okay?" Meredith look at me.

"You will, don't worry."

°°

I had been at the hospital for a few hours now and it was one of those days where I wanted nothing but to go home. My patients sucked, there's was nothing interested and I was on Owen's service. I didn't particularly like trauma, I really only cared for Peds. It was kinda hard though lately, losing our baby made me realize what these parents were feeling and it sucked. Luckily, it was now my lunch break and I was able to get a short break.