forty nine:::

〈 destroyed again  〉

"So, are you excited for your date tonight?" Meredith asked me, as we sat eating breakfast in the kitchen.

"Woah, you took Sloan back?" Alex looked at me.

"No! I can get other men than him," I looked at him with anger in my eyes, "His name is Ben. He's strange, but he's hot and hopefully not too bad down there either."

"Yuck," Alex shook his head, "I'm leaving. I need to find somewhere else to live. I can't be living with so many women. Too many hormones and estrogen in the air."

Alex got up and threw his dishes in the sink. Recently Lexie had moved into the attic. It was a pretty full house now, a little too full. Luckily most of our schedules were different, so it was a rare occasion if we were all home at the same time.

"Well I wish you the best of luck with, uh, that, and your date tonight," Meredith said, as Lexie walked in.

"Oooh, a date? Who is it and Where's he taking you?" Lexie asked.

"Some guy I met at the store, Ben. And we're going to Joe's for a couple beers. Nothing special," I shrugged.

"Exciting," She smiled, "I'm happy for you. Forget about Sloan. He's such an asshole anyway."

"Yeah," I nodded, looking down at my hands, as I picked my fingernails.

"What are you gonna wear?" Lexie asked.

I shrugged, "I would hope clothes."

"Ugh, you're no fun," She sighed.

"The men who I've slept with would disagree. Also I'm hoping to add Ben to that list. Tonight."

"Seriously, you gotta look good. It's your first date," Lexie said.

"She's right," Meredith shrugged, "First dates are the most important."

"I'll go with something slutty, but not too slutty. Subtle Slutty," I smiled.

"Subtle Slutty," Meredith repeated my words.

"Yeah, I have never heard of that," Lexie shook her head.

"Well you have now," I smiled.

°°

It had been a pretty slow day at the hospital, I was pretty much finished up on most of my cases and there wasn't really anything new. Lately, everything had been going great at the hospital. It was kind of refreshing. It felt good to have something go right for once. I was starting to get more and more excited about Pediatrics. I was thinking that maybe that's what I was made for.

"'Sup, Subtle Slutty," Alex said, sitting down at the table.

"Very funny," I rolled my eyes.

"Don't be mean, I bet she's already kinda nervous about her date," Lexie said.

"I'm not nervous!" I looked to Lexie, "I'm-Im excited! And trying something new. It'll be fun."

"Kinda sounds like you're reassuring yourself," Alex shrugged.

"Oh whatever," I rolled my eyes again at Alex.

"Well, you have no reason to be nervous. It'll be great," April smiled.

"Thanks April, at least someone is supportive," I glared at Alex, "And you're right, there is no reason to be nervous."

"Unless, he turns out to be a serial killer or something," Alex said, through a mouth full of food.