nineteen ::

"I thought you were Mcsteamy's for the day?"  Alex asked.

"Mcsteamy can suck a dick," I said, sitting down with my food.

For about a week we had been eating in this patient's room. He was in late 80's and had been in a coma for about five years.

"You could suck my dick," Alex shrugged.

"Fuck off," I said, stabbing my flimsy, plastic, fork into my food.

Meredith and Cristina walked in and sat down next to me.

"I am so pumped for this surgery," Cristina said.

"Do you guys even think it's a good idea?" I asked.

Alex shrugged, "It's what the patients want, plus it'll be awesome to scrub in on."

"I know but shouldn't we be doing what's best for the patient?" I sighed.

"It'll be fine, Shepherd and Sloan are the best in their fields." Alex said.

I nodded, "I guess you're right."

The rest of the time I spent in that room, eating my lunch, went like it almost always did; Alex would say something stupid, Cristina would get upset and Meredith would have to end up telling them to shut the fuck up. It would be quiet for a bit until one of us said something to break the ice. This time it was my turn.

"So I heard Burke got released," I said, looking over at Cristina.

Cristina nodded.

"That's good," I nodded back, "Also where's George?'

"Bailey got mad at him because he dropped a urine sample and it went everywhere," Alex said, "So now he's stuck on peds with that annoying-ass, super cheery, attending, sifting through crap trying to find the 14th monopoly piece some kid swallowed to get attention."

"Fun!" I smiled, "Well, I better get back to watching Dr.Mcsteamy do stuff and getting him coffee!"

"Have fun," Meredith said.

"I'll try!" I said, as I walked out the door. I dumped my trash into the garbage outside the room, and spotted Mark talking to one of the nurses.

"Hey! How's it going?" I said to him.

He glared at me and shook his head.

"Hi, how are you?" I asked the nurse, right as she was about to answer I cut her off, "So I see you're talking to Dr.Sloan! Isn't he just awesome? Not only is he great in the OR, he's great in bed too! Isn't that right? But if I were you I wouldn't do it. He's got a couple of guests down there if you know what I mean." I said, pointing at his junk.

The nurse's eyes widened, and her face turned red. She quickly ran off. She look mortified. I couldn't help but laugh to myself.

"What the hell was that?" He asked. I could tell he was really upset.

I kept laughing, "We have work to do! There's no time to be chatting up the nurses! Also that was kinda getting back at you for making me get you shit all the time. I'm here to learn from you. And you've probably heard this a million times, but this is a teaching hospital."

I wasn't sure if I really did it because I was upset about him making me get coffee for him or if I was jealous seeing him talk to that nurse. I knew he was probably trying to fuck her.

He let out a noise, that sounded like a growl, "Okay. Let's go. I'll teach you something."

"Fuck yes!" I said following him down the hall.