forty:::

Before you start reading, I apologize in advance...

______________

______________

part one

"Will you stop crying?" Cristina dropped her spoon into her bowl, and looked over at Callie, who was blowing her nose, before she started to cry again, "You're gonna make me cry."

"Yeah, both of you quit crying," I said, "Today is going to be an awesome day! Today is an awesome day!"

"God, why are you so happy? It's disgusting," Callie said, before blowing her nose.

"Because life is great!" I smiled, "Okay, not really that, but I had some awesome sex earlier. Super awesome."

Callie started to cry harder.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Actually you know it was horrible. The worst sex I've ever had," I said, trying to make her feel better, it obviously not working, "Uh, well, I need to go. Mark's in the shower, but uh, can you just tell him I'll see him at the hospital? Okay, well bye."

I quickly slipped out the door, not wanting to be involved in their sob mob. I wasn't sure what it was but I had been feeling great lately. Not that it was a bad thing, I had just been feeling extra great. Things were great with Mark, and we were really happy together. There was still the fact that he was moving next door to Callie, but I was trying to brush it off.

Meredith and Derek had also finally agreed to let me move in. Most of the time it was okay, but sometimes Alex brings home some, uh, interesting women. It can also be quite a struggle to get into the bathroom at times. Other than that, it had been pretty good living with them.

"Oh excuse me," I said, as I looked up almost running into a man as I crossed the street.

"It's okay," He said, before continuing to walk away.

I watched as I walked him watch away, something not feeling right about him.

••

"No way," Cristina shook her head.

"Yeah," Meredith nodded.

"No freakin' way," Cristina continued to shake her head

"Right?" Meredith smiled.

"Oh, my god. Okay. Um, were you trying to-"

"No. Total accident. I used the thing," Meredith said.

"Oh, so are we happy, uh, about this? Or are we exercising our legal right to choose?" Cristina asked.

Meredith smiled and laughed.

"Okay, all right," Cristina laughed.

"Congrats!" I smiled.