thirty five:::

[ cinderella and prince charming ]

"Derek's moving in?" I asked through a mouthful of cereal.

"Yes," Meredith said, "He wants me to kick Alex out. I don't know how I feel about it."

"You could kick out Alex and I could take his room," I suggested, "My grandma's moving so I'm looking for a place."

"You want to stay in Alex's room? You'll probably catch a couple STD's," Meredith shrugged.

"Can you talk to Derek and see if I can move in? If it's okay with you?" I asked, "It won't be long. Just until I find an apartment. If it's a problem I'll ask Cristina if I can crash on her and Callie's couch for awhile."

"No, I'll talk to Derek," Meredith shook her head.

"Awesome. Thank you. You're the best," I said, throwing my bowl in the sink, "I gotta go now."

"Why are you in such a hurry?" Meredith asked.

"Uh I have something to do," I said, "Like before work, you know?"

"What's going on?" Meredith asked.

"I have like a date I guess," I shrugged my shoulders.

"No way," Meredith said, "Who is the lucky guy?"

"Uh, I can't tell you. I mean you don't know him anyway. I guess if you did know him that would be weird because he isn't from the hospital or anywhere you would know him from. So you don't know him, so yeah," I smiled nervously.

"Brandy what's going on?" Meredith asked.

I looked over my shoulders for Alex and Derek, "Okay you can't tell anyone. Including your boyfriend. Okay? Tell me you understand me."

"Okay I understand you," She nodded.

"Okay, we meant to tell people sooner it's just we got together like two weeks ago. Exactly two weeks ago, when you know stuff happened," I said.

"Right," Meredith nodded.

"Yeah so we thought it was kinda a bad idea to tell people, one, because of all that and two, because I'm kinda dating Mark Sloan, and Mark Sloan is kinda dating me. So you know that's just kinda like an odd mix, that might upset some people."

"It doesn't upset me. I'm happy for you," Meredith said.

"Okay well do you see why you can't tell your boyfriend? Mark has to do it himself," I said.

"I won't tell," Meredith assured me.

"Okay, I mean you're probably gonna tell Cristina, Cristina's probably gonna tell Owen, and well she's telling Owen, Alex is gonna over hear cause he's kinda a snoop you know? And then Alex will come up to me and be like, 'Dude you're fucking Sloan again?' right in front of Derek and Derek will be mad and like-Actually I don't know what he'll do, but it won't be good. So uh just don't tell Derek."

"Brandy relax, just go. You're gonna be late," She told me.

"Right, the thing I'm going to," I said, grabbing my keys, "The thing I'm going to."

"What thing are you going to?" Derek asked, walking down the stairs.

"Uh, ah What? What are you talking about? What thing are you going to?" I asked him.