eleven::

"Dixon!" Marks voice echoed down the hall.

"What the hell do you want?" I shouted back.

"I need help in here!" Mark shouted.

I sighed and turned around, "I swear to god if this is some of your perverted shit."

"Hurry please!"

"What is it? Ah shit," I said. I saw my grandpa on the ground seizing. Mark was holding him on his side.

"Here give me your coat," I said.

Mark took off his coat and handed it to me.

I folded it up and put it under his head, "Uh, go get Shepherd."

"When was his last seizure?" I asked.

"Gosh, it has to have been a couple months," my grandma said.

I held his shaking body, it was lasting a little longer than it usually did, and it was worrying me. I felt like all of this was my fault. If I just told my grandparents they couldn't move to Seattle, if I had made them move into one of those stupid homes.

"What's wrong?" Shepherd asked.

"Oh nothing! Just hanging out with my grandma and seizing grandpa in an elevator!" I said, "How's your day been?

"How long has he been seizing?" Shepherd asked.

"I, I don't know, it's longer than usual," I said.

Slowly his body relaxed.

"Edwin? Can you hear me?" Shepherd asked.

"Grandpa?" I said.

"Y-yes?" He responded, trying to sit up.

"No, no just stay, stay there. Grandpa you just had a seizure. Are you feeling okay?"

He lightly nodded his head.

I looked up at Shepherd and sighed.

~

"The tumor's growing," Shepherd said.

I looked at my grandpa's x-rays, "Radiation will help right?"

"I'm thinking we should try a different route," he said.

I gave him a confused look, " We've already done Chemo, and no to radiation, what else is there to-" I stopped myself as I realized what he wanted to do, "Surgery? No we're not doing surgery, that's way too risky."

"I think I can take out the tumor," Shepherd said.

"You're kidding right? Do you see the size of that thing? It looks like another fucking brain."

"It will be risky, but I think it's worth a shot." Shepherd said.

"Worth a shot? My grandpa's life is worth more than a shot, and my grandma's not gonna like that, she's already had to see him wheeled away to an OR too many times," I said.

Shepherd nodded.

"How long do you think, uh," I looked up and sighed, "He has left?"

I hated asking the question, that stupid fucking question. I was sick of asking it and getting no exact answer. I knew better than to ask, but I just wanted to know.

Shepherd shook his head, "Well your grandpa is getting closer and closer to stage 4, I'd say at the most a year."

I nodded my head, "I gotta go, but again thanks for everything."

I walked out of the room, and walked down the hall. I quickly wiped my eye, stopping the tear from slipping down my face. I looked down at Mark's coat which was still in my hand. I wondered what would of happened if he wasn't in the elevator with them. I stopped when I saw Meredith sitting in a hospital bed, Cristina sitting next to her.