forty eight:::

{ let's wine about it }

I woke up to the sound of an extremely annoying sound coming from Meredith and Derek's room, which I assumed to be their alarm clock. The beeping sound continued on for a couple of seconds before it was turned off. If the sound was really just that annoying or the fact that any sound waking you up in the morning sounds annoying, I wasn't sure. Either way it was just damn annoying.

I decided it was probably time for me to get up too. I really didn't want to though. All I wanted to do was lay in bed all day. Luckily I had the day off. But the thought of going to the hospital was sickening to me. Mostly for the fact that I was bound to see Mark at some point. I just hoped he wouldn't try to fix things or talk to me. I didn't want him to do that. It felt like things were beyond repairable and I honestly wanted nothing to do with him, but at the same time I missed him like hell. What he had done to me stung so bad I couldn't even imagine myself with him anymore. He meant everything to me, but it felt like I meant nothing to him.

I rolled out of bed, feeling like shit. My head was pounding and all I wanted to do was sleep. I had forgotten how much I had drank the night before. I could tell it was going it to be a long day.

"Morning," Meredith said, as I walked downstairs into the kitchen.

"Morning," I muttered, pulling a cereal bowl out of the cabinet.

"Brandy, I didn't know you were here. I guess the talk about moving in didn't go very well," Jackson said.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that," I sighed as I pulled the milk out of the fridge.

I could tell Meredith must've given him a face or some sort of signal to stop by how silent he immediately got.

"Dixon? What the hell are you doing here? Did you sleep here?" Alex walked in, "Hey! Paws off my cereal!"

"Fight me," I growled at him as I poured his cereal into the bowl, "This is the only good kind. I'm not even bran or Derek's weird oat shit."

"Sloan better take you back soon, because I'm not going to be dealing with you stealing my cereal every morning," Alex shook his head.

"Looks like you're going to have to learn to," I said, putting the milk back in the fridge.

Alex groaned.

I gave him a smile as I sat down at the table.

"You're buying the next box," Alex said as he poured himself a bowl.

"Whatever," I shrugged.

"Can't we all just get along?" Meredith asked, stirring her coffee.

Alex and I looked at each other.

"Nope," He said, shoving a spoonful of cereal into his mouth.

"Unh-uh," I said at almost the same time as him.

Meredith sighed, and left the kitchen.

"Brandy, I'm sorry about whatever happened between you and Sloan. Just give me the word and we'll take care of him. Right Alex?" Jackson looked to his friend.

"Yeah, right," He said, clearly not paying attention as he remained invested in reading the back of his cereal box.

"Thanks, but you really don't have to do that. It's fine."

He gave me a small nod before getting up to clear his plate.

"Hey, you're off today too, right?" I turned to Alex.

"Yeah," He nodded, "Thank god. I needed a break from that stupid hospital."

"Yeah, tell me about it," I sighed.