thirty two:::

"Shit," I swore, rummaging through my purse, "I think I left my phone in the locker room. I'll meet you guys over at Joe's."

"Okay, see you there," Meredith said, then walked away with Cristina.

I ran back into the locker room, and I saw it sitting on the couch. I quickly picked it up and threw it in my purse, then walked back outside.

"Long day?" A familiar voice said.

I turned to my right to see Mark leaning against the wall, outside the hospital.

"Yeah," I sighed, "Sorry I don't have time for chit chat. I'm meeting Meredith and Cristina," I motioned across the street.

"Maybe I could join you. I think we need to talk," He said walking over.

"There's nothing to talk about," I shook my head.

"Brandy," George called my name, I turned to see him and saw a frown on his face, and sad eyes, "You should come. It's Izzie."

"What?" I furrowed my eyes.

"She-Just, you need to come," George said.

I looked over to Mark, our eyes meeting. I frowned at him then followed behind George.

"George what is going on?" I asked.

"Where's Meredith? Cristina?" He asked.

"Joe's, why? George? Please tell me, what the hell is happening?" I asked. 

He stopped in front of one the patients' room's window and looked over to me. I went up to the window and looked in. Izzie was wearing a gown and laying in the hospital bed, next to Alex. His arms around her.

"What's she-Why's she-" I struggled to find the right words, not sure why Izzie was there.

"Stage IV metastatic melanoma. Metastases in her skin," George said.

"Oh my god," tears filling my eyes.

"And in her liver and brain as well," George said.

I turned to look at him, a look of shock on my face, "You're not, you're not serious are you?"

George nodded.

I shook my head and walked down the hall. I started to cry. George walked up to me and wrapped his arms around me, and pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back and rested my head on his shoulder.

"George," I said, quietly.

"Yeah?"

"You're my person," I said, pulling away.

"What?" He asked, not understanding.

"It's what Meredith and Cristina say about each other. They're each other's person. Alex and Izzie are each other's person, and you are my person. It's someone who you can tell anything, and no matter what happens you can't stay mad at them. They're there for you for everything."

"Oh," He nodded, "That means you're my person."

I smiled, wiping away my tears away.

"I know this isn't a good time to tell you this, but I haven't told anyone and it's just bothering me, but Callie and I got divorced," George said.

"Oh I'm sorry George," I frowned.

"It's okay," He nodded, "We should see Izzie."