Two ➵ J. C

Growing up I never had friends. Like I said, I was a loner. The only ones I talked to were my aunt and my mother.
Now that today was my first day at John Adams High school, only a quarter after school even started, I was prepared for me to not have any friends.
I knew I wouldn't.
I decided to dress nice though.
I had to stop thinking so negatively.
Maybe it would be my time for a change. Have a newer and better life.
I put on a light pink sweater and a long floral skirt, with my black combat boots. I found a clip and put my curly hair into the half way up style.
I already had earrings in, and they appeared to match my outfit just fine.
I took one last look in my bathroom mirror, went downstairs, and headed off to the bus stop.
When the bus came, butterflies were forming in my stomach. I felt nervous and jittery all ready. I held my books close to my chest, and went on the bus.
A lot of people were messing around, tossing papers at each other, and basically the bus seats were completely full. Except for one available bus seat.
I took the seat, pushing myself towards the window, and just held my books tighter. I noticed in the corner of my eye, that someone was staring at me. He had blonde hair, and grinned at me.
I offered a slight smile, blushing a little.
"Hi there gorgeous, are you new," he flirted with me,"what's a girl like you sitting by yourself anyway?"
"I don't know anybody. I just moved here." I responded simply. I shifted back into my seat a little.
"Oh. Well it's sure nice to meet you," he says, offering a hand for me to shake,"what's your name?"
Since his hand was over the bus seat, I reached out to shake it.
"Jasmine. Yours?"
"Mike. I'm the captain of the football team." He said with a teethy smile. He seemed satisfied to be the captain of the football team. I guess I couldn't blame him.
I nodded, and the bus pulled into the parking lot. The bus driver opens the door, signaling the kids to leave.
I get a hold of my books again, and I noticed that Greg was already off the bus. Knowing a football player, he was probably going to tell his friends that I was new here.
I was alone again.
When I walked into school, there were so many people here. I noticed lots of the guys were checking me out. The girls flashed me dirty looks, while smacking their gum obnoxiously.
I had to find my locker, I thought.
I went to go find it, which a boy was standing there by himself looking as if he was waiting for someone. He had really weird looking brown hair that I didn't even know what to describe the hair cut. I noticed it was a pretty unpopular hair cut. But, he did seem like a nice guy. He had a white shirt and a light blue, long sleeved unbuttoned shirt over it.
I was trying to get my locker open, and realized I couldn't get the combination right.
I glanced over at the guy uncomfortably, who still looked as if he was trying to search for someone.
"Um, excuse me." I say, trying to get his attention. Luckily it worked. He glanced over at me right away, wondering what I was about to say.
"Can you help me open my locker?" I finished saying my request.
"Oh, sure," he said, offering me a genuine smile,"what's your combo?"
"23-7-15." I read to him slowly, as he was twisting the knob. In one shot, he got it. He opened the locker for me, and I couldn't be more grateful.
"Thank you so much." I thanked him.
"No problem, say, what's your name?" The guy asks me.
"Jasmine. Yours?" I wondered. Maybe this guy could help me around.
"I'm Cory. What class do you have next hour?" He questioned, trying to sneak a peek at my schedule.
"English with Mr. Turner." I answered.
"Oh, you have that class with me and my buddy Shawn! His class is right over here." Cory exclaimed, pointing to the class that was next to a set of lockers.
"Oh cool! Aren't you going to come?" I asked him, as I was already trying to head to class.
"Yeah, I need to look for Shawn though. I don't know where he is." Cory stated. That answers my question as to why he was looking for someone.
"Oh, okay, well, see you in a few minutes I guess." I responded, and Cory waved at me casually, then I continued onward to my classroom. Right away I found a girl staring at me, but smiling at me. She had brunette curly hair, with freckles surrounding the complexion of her cheeks. She was pretty, and made me feel a little insecure.
"Hey." She greeted me, her smile remaining pleasantly friendly and genuine. I returned the gesture by offering her a smile and responding with a shy hey.
"I'm Topanga. What's your name?" She asked me.
"Jasmine." I responded.
"Hey Jasmine. You knew here?" She wondered, noticing my unfamiliar face in the school.
"Yeah I am actually." I said to her.
"Well nice to meet you. Let's be friends." She insisted, and I nodded.
"Alright."
And we that, we chatted throughout the entire class.
❤︎