Eleven ➵ J. C

I woke up to the sound of Topanga snoring loudly, and remembered that I had to meet Shawn soon. I noticed we had slept in til ten, which meant: I only had a few more hours til I saw Shawn!
I decided to wake Topanga up so I could eat breakfast then meet with Shawn. Once I woke Topanga up successfully, she yawned and sat up.
"You're wide awake." She joked.
"Well, it's because I'm excited that I will be able to meet with Shawn later." I responded in a joking manner as well.
"Alright, let's go eat breakfast then. I'm sure my mom is cooking something." Topanga and I headed downstairs to catch her mom cooking scrambled eggs like she predicted.
She turned around to see us here, and she greeted us with a welcoming smile.
"Hey girls. Go ahead and eat up. Breakfast is now ready." She said.
I headed to go make my plate along with Topanga, then we sat down eating. The eggs were so scrumptious!
Once we were finished eating we headed back upstairs. I changed into a new outfit, which was an orange shirt and a floral skirt to match.
I put on my flip flops with the strap in the middle in it, and ran a comb through my messy waves of hair. I noticed on the clock that it was 11:07, so me and Topanga in the meantime just talked and talked for hours until it was time for me to leave.
"It was so fun having you over Jas. You should really come over often." She insisted.
"We should." I agreed.
"Now go enjoy your date with Shawn." Topanga said with a smirk.
We hugged goodbye, and I walked out. I sighed, realizing I was going to have to walk home so I could drop off my bag.
I headed to my house, and once I saw it, I groaned. I hoped my dad wasn't here. I sneaked inside, trying to open and close the door as quietly as I could. I saw no one home so far.
I headed upstairs to drop off my bag, and walked downstairs. But it was bad timing. My dad walked in through the door, and once he caught sight of me, he was boiling up. Before I could try to leave, he grabbed a hold of my arm tightly, yanking at it as I was trying to escape.
"You're hurting me!" I cried, as he dig his fingernails deep into my arm. He pushed me down, yelling at me.
"You're a bitch. Always leaving." He huffed, and as I tried to get up, he tried to go at me.
I rushed up the stairs but fell, and once he tried to grab a hold of me again, I kicked him in the face, and got up.
I closed my bedroom door from behind, and sneaked out my bedroom window.
I was nervous at first cause I haven't climbed down a tree before. But my dad opened the door, which made me jump. Once I landed to the ground I lost my balance and tripped again. I stood up, my foot hurting. But I had to get to Shawn.
:::
Getting to Chubbie's was painful for me. I had to drag my foot cause it was still hurting, and it felt like forever just walking from my place to Chubbie's too.
I walked downstairs, not finding no sign of Shawn. I was confused, where was he?
However, I found Cory here. What was he doing here?
I went to him, tapping him on the shoulder. He looked up and instantly smiled.
"Oh hey Jasmine! Shawn wants you to go in the back. He should be there." Cory said, reading my mind.
"Thanks Cory." I said, and headed to the back. There was a pool table here, but no one in the room.
"Shawn?" I wondered, searching for him. I glanced at the pool table, wondering if I should learn to play. I never learned before, I thought. Why not learn now?
Before I could do anything, I felt two arms wrap around my waist. I looked back to see Shawn who was smirking.
"Wanna learn how to play pool?" He asked, as he was leaning his head on my shoulder.
"Yes please." I said, allowing him to do so. Since he had the game all set up, he let go so he could get the stick so he could tap the balls. He placed his arms  around arms, trying to fix it in the proper position of playing pool.
Once he tried to show me, he had a hold on me.
"Ready?" He asked me. I nodded, and he helped me tap the first ball we could touch. All of the balls right away roamed across the green surface, some slipping into the holes, the others remaining on either the sides or almost near the holes in a corner. 
We played a couple more rounds, and after that we were done. We still hung out at least, by eating a burger and cuddling in the booth. After we finished, Shawn asked me a random question.
"I was wondering if you wanted to meet my family?" Shawn invited me, and I nodded.
"Sure." I said. Maybe I can stay there late, and sneak back at home. However, one minor problem came abruptly.
When I walked upstairs, I accidentally tripped, but Shawn grabbed a hold of my waist.
"Jasmine, you okay?" He asked me, helping me stand up on one of the steps.
"Yeah I'm fine." I insisted. He was holding onto my arm now, helping me balance. He studied me for a second, making sure I was. I just gave him a reassuring smile to make him stop worrying. He helped me get upstairs, and luckily I made it through. When we walked out of Chubbie's however, my foot was hurting, causing me to limp.
"Hey, you sure you okay Jas?" Shawn asked me, pausing me. He reached for my hand, and with his other lifted my chin so that way my eyes could meet with his.
"I'm okay Shawn, really." I reassured him for the fifth time.
"In that case, I don't trust you. So I'm going to do," he said, getting in front of me, kneeling down,"this."
I knew what he was planning to do. I decided to hop on jump of his back, wrapping my arms around the back of his neck for a secure hold. He carried me on his back until we reached his trailer.
:::
Once we reached his trailer, he let me go so he could open his door. As I stood there, I couldn't help but feel a bit queasy in my stomach.
What if his dad will dislike me? Even his mom? What if they won't let me come here ever again cause I'm a girl, and not one of Shawn's friends?
When we walked inside, I saw two people in the room; one tall, heavy weighted figure wearing a plaid buttoned shirt, with his jeans over it, embracing for of his gut that stuck out easily. He had a beer in his right hand, watching tv. There was a woman, with medium length, curly hair who seemed distressed as she was cooking dinner. They both glanced at us as we walked in more.
"Hey Shawn me boy! Who's this pretty gal over here?" His dad, from what I believed that the person was, greeted with a simple question.
"Dad, mom, this is Jasmine. My girlfriend." Shawn introduced me, and I stepped in front of him so his dad could get a good look at me. I stared up at him, as he just smiled at me.
"Well welcome to our home here, Jasmine! I'm sure Shawn is lucky to have a beautiful young gal like you." His dad let out of hand for me to shake, and I accepted, his shake being a little bit firm. His mom, on the other hand came to me afterwards.
"Hey there sweetheart. You seem like a kind lady. I'm glad Shawn brought you here, now would you like to stay for dinner?" She invited me. I nodded in response, feeling a little shy.
They seemed like great people; I knew Shawn wasn't a big talker of them much, but they looked like wonderful people. Just trying to make a living of this place while they could.
"Let's go to my room." Shawn insisted, and I headed to his room.
When we got into his room however, it revealed to be a bit atrocious and resembled of a pigsty.
"Oh, sorry for the mess. Hold on a second." Shawn apologized,as he picked up some of the trash in his room. I glanced around his room, finding a dresser with a small tv on it, and a small cot in here for Shawn to rest on. I found on his wall a picture of him and Cory from what they looked like to be around the age of eleven or twelve.
I stared at it, biting my lip. It looked as if Shawn had a nice childhood,with a best friend and probably no worries about his parents abusing him. Shawn suddenly went to stand next to me, noticing I was staring at the picture.
"I remember that day liked it was yesterday." Shawn recalled, remembering the day when him and Cory entered the first day of John Quincy Adams middle school. Cory received his first detention with Mr. Feeny though, that was the only con of that day.
I looked around, to see that somewhat of his room was clean.
"Hey Shawn! Can you come here a minute!" I hear his mom call from the other room.
"I'll be right back," Shawn promised. I nodded and came across a journal.
It said in bold letters in the front,"My feelings."
I decided to flip through it, seeing what it looked like to be poetry. Did Shawn write this?
I turned to the first page, which was titled,"One day."
One day, by S. P. H
Sometimes I wonder what it's like,
to be such a happy tike.
I have a bad home life,
and sometimes my parents have a strife.
I just lay here in my bed,
Invigorated thoughts running in my head.
I wish I had a person I could relate to,
knowing my luck, I end up in a screw.
Please send me someone to connect with,
to reassure me I won't live in a myth.
That I'm not alone,
and not let me in this world to roam.