Epilogue

This will be all in Shawn's Point of view.
I hope you enjoy.
Three months later.
September 6th, 1995
Everything adapted into a whole new set of change since Jasmine left. John and I enjoyed bits of our summer together, bonding our relationship to a new extent.
It was different. It was a little devastating not seeing those wavy locks of brown hair every time I woke up, or spent time with her. Share a milkshake at Chubbie's every time we had a date there.
Today was the first day of school, and I know for Jasmine it was her first day too. I wonder how she would do at her school. Maybe greater than I would since she was so intelligent, and talented at how she could sing.
"Shawn, it's time to get up." Mr. Turner insisted, and I let out a groan in exhaustion.
"I don't wanna get up John." I complained, sitting up from my bed.
"I don't care, it's time for your first day of sophomore year. One of the best years of your entire life." He informed me.
I sighed, not giving a care in the world. John could read from my expression was still feeling depressed without Jasmine's presence here.
"I know she's not here, but it's time to move on Shawn. You can't wallow in pain forever. You just have to wait. It's gunna take time." He advised.
I headed downstairs, shoving passed through him, and plopped a seat on the couch. I glanced over to a picture of Jasmine and me, remembering the day we spent together a couple days after my birthday. I framed that picture right after she left Philadelphia. I went to go get myself some breakfast which was a slice of pizza from last night's dinner. It's all I felt like eating.
There was a knock on the door suddenly, but flying through was Cory. I noticed I still sat in my pajamas but I didn't give a shit right now what I appeared in. What mattered was what the hell was Cory wearing.
"Shawn, we gotta get to school." He insisted.
"What? You don't know the way without me?"
"Just come on."
"Fine. This pizza's bad anyway," I caught a whiff of the scent again, realizing it was Cory,"no, wait. It's you."
"Oh no," Cory was panicking and spinning in rapid circles frantically,"too much cologne!"
I was confused as to why he was dressing so nicely and why he smelled gross, but then I realized today was the day. The day that declared all war for the other guys.
Cory was asking Topanga out.
"I knew this would happen. Cologne. Nice clothes. The spinning. How could I forget? It's Wednesday. It's T-day. Topanga's back from her summer trip."
"Oh, yeah." He replied with a cheesy grin on his face. What an idiot.
"So you're gonna do it, huh, Cor? You're gonna ask her to be your girlfriend?"
"I really hope she says yes," he hoped, then trying to scramble out the door,"but come on, come on. We're gonna be late."
"Lateness. A problem for me once.
That was, of course, until I got me a teacher roommate. John!"
John got out of the bathroom, fidgeting with his tie.
"Yeah? Hey, Matthews, nice outfit.
Job interview?" He automatically assumed from Cory's different style or appearance.
"Watch," I referred to what I said before, then heading up to John who was in the kitchen,"listen, John, I'm dragging a little this morning. I'm gonna need some extra time. You think you could jot a note for me?"
"Sure. No problem."
"You know, anything you want - "late," "doctor. Have fun with it." I turned my attention back to Cory, who was amazed with my ways of magic, went to watch John write the note.
"You got it."
"No way." Cory said at first, and I thought he saw him get done with the note.
"What'd he write?"
"No way." Cory repeated as John peeled off the note from his bind of sticky notes.
"That's right, pal. Your butt's in homeroom before that first bell rings or TV no way, snacks no way, dates no way. OK?" He tried to forbid. That was stupid, why would he say no to snacks?
"Snacks?" I questioned him, narrowing my eyes in confusion.
"I'm new at this. Now, get out of here." He shooed us, and we did. Before we entered the door to leave the apartment complex, he paused me again.
"Shawn, aren't you forgetting something?" He asked. I glanced around the room, my eyes meeting with the book bag on the nearby seat.
"My books!" I exclaimed, grabbing my shoes and bag, both of us heading out the door.
:::
When we made it to school, the first person we happened to see was Topanga. She changed a lot over the summer, which made me cloud my head with wonder what Jasmine looked like now.
Topanga had hers down, with it being trimmed down a little since I last saw her. Her hair was super long in length just like Jasmine's.
I admit, I was envious of Cory. He got to see Topanga now from school everyday, while I wouldn't even be seeing her at all this school year. This sucks.
I kept my feelings to myself about this, instead supporting Cory through this awkward situation still. He was acting like such a bimbo, hiding from Topanga whenever he captured a glimpse of her. I never seen him this nervous before in my life.
"Dude, this is your chance. Go ask her out." I tried to push him, but when she was within depth, he hid behind the glass box with statue of John Adams. How remotely embarrassing this was for him.
He wasn't budging at all.
"I can't, I mean, look at her Shawn. It's like, yeah I missed her over the summer, but I missed her even more now that I've seen her in person. She's come back as a woman." He pointed out; deepening with envy, I kept it insidious. My thoughts pondered as if it was cramming a 100 question test into my head; it was awful.
"Yeah, so did Coach Franklin." I responded, thinking of Jasmine. I shoved a hand into one poked and with my other I clasped onto my backpack strap firmly.
"I can tell you have something on your mind, Shawn. I'm sorry about Jasmine, i really am. I know how much you miss her. If you want, I can remain on the low about Top-"
"No man, it's fine. Like John said to me earlier, I'm just going to have to move on. Besides, there's plenty of others here."
The bell rang, and meeting up with us was Mr. Turner, who brimmed a foolish, cheesy grin on his face.
"Hey, hey kids, there's this new thing."
"What?" I asked, interested.
"There's this new thing, which means: get to class." He ordered us, and we obeyed his command respectively.
:::
Cory was acting like an idiot all hour with Topanga. Heck, through one short and simple conversation they had, he saluted her for no reason; she was left in bewilderment, of course. So?
I did what I had to do to influence him through the idea of asking her out.
Might as well myself.
Luckily for me, I happened to share a class in P. E with her, without Cory in it. As we were organizing our lockers, I thought it was an appropriate time to ask her out on a 'date.'
"Shawn." She scolded me.
"What?" I demanded her. She crossed her arms, still not too keen on the idea of me asking her out.
"You're still dating Jasmine, technically."
"I'm not technically asking you out Topanga." I retaliated in my defense. She was taken aback.
"Well, then why did you ask that question?"
"Cory likes you, and wants to ask you out. He's never going to unless we pretend to go out." I explained to her briefly, but she understood.
"Oh, okay. I see where this is going." She replied with a smirk forming across her face. I hatched up the same expression, both of us on the same plate.
"Yeah. So 'movies' Friday night. Kapeesh?" I laid out a hand for her to shake, eventually she accepted it by shaking it gradually with a smile.
"Kapeesh."
:::
It was lunch time now. All of us sharing lunch together. I watched from the vending machine as I seen him act like a complete goofball around Topanga. He couldn't even cluster up one word to the girl.
Giving up, he headed towards me with a dreadful sigh. Still pertaining to being his best friend, I supported him.
"You were right, Shawn.
I mean, you warned me this would happen." He pointed out, slumping against the vending machine.
"I did?"
"Yeah. You said Topanga looked hot. And if I waited too long some other guy was gonna move right in."
"I did."
"I brought this on. I can only blame myself. I just wonder who asked her..." he admitted wondrously.
"I did."
"Huh?"
I strings of guilt forming in the knots of my stomach as I read his sorrowful, grimacing expression. I wasn't loyal in the beginning. Instead, I felt as if I had betrayed him. But it wouldn't turn out that way. It was only a part of the plan.
"I asked Topanga out." I stated again.
"You asked Topanga out? What?" He asked in disbelief.
"You said yourself, she's a woman now." I pointed out to him.
"I can't talk to you right now." He was so hurt, I was about to come out and say the plan. But this had to succeed. My best friend deserved happiness.
"Cool," I said, getting ready to leave,"see you."
:::
After school ended that day, I decided fatefully for myself it was time to come home and enjoy my day differently; laying myself in a new position and watch a marathon of another tv show.
I had nothing else to do until Friday night anyways. I laid on the couch, watching tv by myself. I looked over at the tv, not saying a word. I glanced between the tv, then to the phone, and lastly: the picture of Jasmine. I could call her right now. Thing was, I was chickening out. We wrote letters, yes, but talking to her on the phone would be different. Aside from that, it would hurt more for me. Hearing her voice but not being able to talk to her in person, to disfigure the new qualities she developed this summer. What if she had changed? Like her attitude since she was living with her rich aunt? That was something to prowl subsequently about.
"It's OK, Hunter. Don't get up."
That was John's best friend, Eli. He popped in every now and then, which reminded me so much of my friendship with Cory. Heck, the two even shared the same hairstyle: brillowheads.
"Well?"
"That's the best job interview I've been out on in months."
"All right, Eli.
So you got something?"
"Yep. The secretary's phone number. I start Saturday night."
"What about the job, man?"
"Overqualified."
"Overqualified. Eli, buddy.
When they kick you out of your apartment, you'll always have a place to stay."
As the two were talking about Eli's new job, bursting through the door was Cory. I was honestly expecting him to come here eventually to vent his usual rants. This time, the topic subject was Topanga and me.
"All right, where is he?" He stormed through hurriedly in a hustle.
"You don't believe in knocking?"
"No, I don't believe in anything anymore. I demand to know where Shawn Hunter is."
My time to speak I guess. I stood up from the couch, letting him know I was here.
"I'm right here, Cor." I sighed.
"Aha! I've found you."
"Is this about Topanga?"
"What were you thinking, Shawn? You do not ask out your best friend's girl. Am I right?"
"How long have you been dating her?"
"Never! He didn't even make a move."
"Yeah, but I was going to.
This sounds like a clear violation of the gentlemen's code of dating."
"Yes."
"See, a true friend doesn't ask out a girl that his buddy likes or has just broken up with. Right, John?" Eli added his input.
"Yeah, well, you know.
Whatever. I mean, there's always exceptions to that rule."
"Yeah, and would one of these exceptions be a certain Miss Cynthia Harp?"
"Eli, will you let it go, man? That was ten years ago."
A love triangle I see?
They argued about this topic til Cory was able to speak, which I decided enough was enough.
Time to make "plans."
"All I did was ask out a girl who didn't have a boyfriend. Which reminds me. I think I'll go call her and firm up plans."
Before I could do so, Cory interrupted me.
"What about Jasmine,huh? You stabbed her in the back with a knife too basically." He flashed back. I was still madly in love with her, and we were coaxed in a relationship. I had to ramble up another excuse.
"We broke up." I lied to him, then entering up stairs to my bed. He was speechless.
"Well, it, uh, doesn't give you the right to steal your best friend's girl! Now I'm leaving, friend. Or shall I say, ex friend. I'm outta here."
Before he left he went into the closet. Dumbass, but I still loved him.
"Who's gonna tell him he's in the closet?" Eli pointed out.
"And I'm taking back my sweater."
"Nice save."
:::
When Friday night came, it was just me and Topanga walking to the school for that movie night. Last time I heard, a Clint Eastwood special was playing. But who knows, they could of changed it since it was originally not Feeny's idea.
"I miss Jasmine, it feels weird walking in the halls and not see her familiar hair in the distance. She was so beautiful, especially every time you saw her. She wore no makeup whatsoever yet appeared pretty without even trying. I was a little jealous of that." Topanga contradicted, and I glanced down at the tiny pebbles curved in the sidewalks on the way there. I shuffled my hands into my jean pockets, wishing Jasmine was beside me instead.
"Yeah, me too," I stated,"I mean about the other part."
She just let out a small laugh at my joke, as we made inside the theatre. We sat close to the front, and of course, I thought we were going to be the only ones here. Or so I thought. But according to the plan, Cory came here with another girl: Trinie.
Not to mention she was a part of the plan too. She knew she was the only girl Cory could associate himself with. We all expected these turns come about from this squirrel.
"Hi, Cory, Hi Trini. I like your hair." Topanga greeted them politely.
"Oh, thanks." Cory ran a hand through his Chita pet hair, satisfied with the compliment although it was intended towards Trini.
"I think she meant Trini, Cor." I pointed out.
"Hey, you wanna step outside?" He demanded me.
"Cory." Topanga scolded him.
The lights began to dim, and the film began to roll. Boring.
Time to make Cory jealous.
I wrapped an arm around Topanga, cuddling her. With one eye I peered over to see Cory doing the same thing as me, mimicking my move. Which ended up poorly for him. I wanted to laugh, but I couldn't since the movie was playing.
He was kissed by the old sticky gum mouth loop.
"You little badger." Trini giggled.
"Oh, great. I've been gummed." He tried taking the gum out.
The movie didn't last long, since it was caught by Feeny- which meant a time for bickering with Cory.
I decided it was time for them to talk.
"What are you looking at me for?Cory Matthews, what is your problem?" Topanga interrogated him.
"You."
"What did I do?"
"Topanga, you only went out with my best friend." Cory pointed out.
"Well, you didn't ask me,"she reminded him bluntly,"besides, you came to the make-out movies with my best friend too."
"Yeah, but only to make you think I mean, I was just-" He was squirming again and had a lost for words.
"Cory, would you just talk to me?" Topanga asked him.
"I can't. Don't you think I want to? I mean, in my head this is so easy.
I've said it all summer long, a million times." Cory murmured softly, gazing into each other's eyes for eyes. Wait for it...
"Said what?"
"I can't say it now, here, with all these empty chairs around."
"Cory, it's just you and me." Little did they know me and Trinie were both eavesdropping on the two.
"They are such goals." She whispered with a chuckle.
"We've know each other our whole lives. We've always been able to talk. That's what's making this so hard now."
"It doesn't have to be."
"Look, Topanga. If I had to dream up the perfect woman, she wouldn't even come close to you.
Would you be my girlfriend?"
Suddenly before we knew it, she kissed him just as according to plan. When she pulled away from Cory, he was left in awe and was completely speechless.
"Yes or no?"
We decided to reveal this entire plan that turned out to be successful as we intended it too. Trini and I came out, clapping.
"Man, it's about time." I declared, causing Cory to furrow his eyebrow.
"You're lucky this whole thing worked, Hunter. I almost had to kiss him." Trinie added, not exactly keen with the thought of smoldering Cory with a smooch.
"Wait, it was a setup? Come here," Cory insisted, and I did, until he astonished me with a hug,
"Oh, thank you. Now go back there, you little sea monkey."
Now that they were a couple, it made me wish Jasmine was here. We couldn't experience any double dates for a year.
A year.
That was down right depressing.
:::
A couple months later
"Hunter! Wake up, you got mail. From your girl." Turner greeted me on the first day in November.  Her birthday would be in a couple weeks. I hustled out of bed and went to go retrieve an enclosed letter with a red envelope; sealed on it was a kissy sticker, but I ripped it out excitedly. Once I revealed it i read over it and had a picture.
It was of Jasmine; this must be her yearbook picture. Boy, did they come quick. It was gorgeous too;
Jasmine had her hair down but a ponytail with half of her hair high up. She didn't look any different, but I did notice she gained some blonde highlights to her hair.
The way she smiled, showing her teethy, appealing grin. I began to read the letter, which was talking about how she was doing, and how much she missed me. I was right about the yearbook picture.
It was adorable too.
"John, do you have a frame for this?" I called him since he was in his room.
"Yeah, as a matter of fact I do." He handed me a black frame, which fit the picture perfectly. I set it next to our picture, which coincided in flattery.
I was satisfied with the turn out of it, although that anxious break in my heart took a reared turn.
Letters kept turning into boredom, and calls seemed harder in reach.
School seemed hard to attend knowing Jasmine wasn't there.
Tears escaped the bottom lids of my eyes like trespassing on someone eating a teaspoon of sugar. It was evaporating into small puddles.
It was so bad, I kept asking Cory to take excuses for me. Especially on one day.
"Hunter! What are you doin'?" John demanded me, bursting through the door. I was sitting on the couch, loafing around lonesome on the telephone.
"You're just in time. I'm ordering Forest Gump on paper review." I informed him innocently, but he was still conceited about my studies.
"You miss another day of school, you are Forrest Gump."
"Cool. He's done all right for himself."
"He doesn't exist! Like you in school. You know, you missed a history test." He added.
"That was today? Boy, that worked out." I didn't feel like taking any exams. I felt like shit already as it was. When I was ordering Forest Gump it recovered memories of when I first saw it at the movies with Jasmine when it first came out. So many memories.
"I give up, Hunter. I got too much goin' on to keep tryin' to figure you out. Tomorrow morning, you're seeing a guidance counselor." He strictly ordered me, referring to my current situation with my family being gone and Jasmine.
"Ooh, I don't think so John. My people are celebrating a very important holiday tomorrow." I began to excuse again.
"What people would that be?"
"Well," I started, thinking up of something random,"we are staying home tomorrow to come up with a name."
:::
The next morning
"Hong Kong Sloth?" I questioned Cory's lame excuse that made me get caught.
"Well, Feeny came up with the sloth, but I added the Hong Kong part!" Cory tried to beam, but I was still depressed.
"I don't know Cory, I don't even wanna think about going to a guidance counselor to confess my feelings out about Jasmine. It's already hard not seeing her as it would be more talking about her to a random, bald headed stranger."
Before he could respond, I wasn't expecting to be the appearing guidance counselor soldering over some door that was 'special'.
She was attractive for a counselor; with her brunette, ramen noodled curls and long eyelashes was what made her flawless.
I was called down during third period later that day, talking to her about colleges.
Like I would get into one. My grades were slipping into them as it was. Heck, with one look at my file, I knew I wouldn't make it.
"Why don't I save you time? Let's just skip to the part where you tell me education is the key to a happy and successful life." I predicted just like any of them would always say. It was the stereotypical sense I found myself having to follow.
"Is that what I'm supposed to say?" She asked me.
"It's what everyone else says."
"Well, it's not that simple.
You know, in my house, growing up, all my parents ever talked about were the three M's: money, marriage and mortgage."
"My dad always talks about the three B's: babes, bucks and brewskis." I replied contradicting with her statement.
"Your dad sounds colorful." She gleamed a wide smile.
"He was a philosopher at the trailer park. He used to say, 'One man's septic tank is another man's oasis,'" I declared proudly,"but I never knew what he meant.
"Could I take a shot," she decided, and I just nodded simply
in response,"I think he meant what's good for one person doesn't hold for everyone."
"All right, Dad. I always knew high school wasn't for everyone.
'Cause, you know, not everyone's gonna end up in college."
"So, you're not planning on college, huh?"
"You saw my file-wow." I reminded her.
"Shawn, I felt the same exact way.
I hated the idea of college. In fact, I took a year off and traveled around Europe. Even lived in Spain for six months. I'll bet I know more about bullfighting than any woman you'll ever meet." She explained, recalling on a similar life story that would aid in helping me.
"You don't know my Aunt Debbie."
"The point is, I did end up in college. But I needed to learn about myself first."
That point had gotten to me quickly. I developed some idea that would help me find myself.
In fact, someone as a matter of fact that already did. And would continue to.
That very person, was in New York right now. I vowed to myself that I was going to go see her too. Nothing would ruin this.
:::
After school I packed up my green bag and threw some clothes in. I don't know why I didn't think of this before. I was going to see Jasmine. Not wanting John to find out completely, I threw only that one picture of Jasmine in my pocket too. Our photo booth one.
Fortunately for me, John was out on a late night date, which would do some stalling. I pretended to make it to where I had been sleeping by hustling some pillows and covering it with blankets. That's much better.
I left without even one peering glance at the apartment. It was time to leave. But I did have to say goodbye to Cory first. That I had to do finally and fatefully.
I assumed he was at Chubbie's, which was closed. But, he was the only one there. He was crashed, his head bowed down with the table and into his folded arms.
I tapped him lightly on the shoulder, and he woke up- sort of.
"No, clown, no!" He shrieked. I looked at him weird, and right away he realized what was going on.
"Weird dream,"
he said awkwardly,"so, what's so important that you had to get me up at five in the morning?"
"I'm taking off, Cor. I just wanted to say goodbye before I left."
"OK, bye." He tried going back to sleep but I was serious about this decision.
"No, really. I'm leaving town."
"Shawn, I know what this is.
Today's Ms. Birnbaum's biology test, and seeing that you've never met Ms. Birnbaum, you're ditching."
"This has nothing to do with school. This is about me. I'm doing a little traveling. Getting to know myself. I mean, I can't be happy in school until I'm happy with myself. Also the fact I won't be able to see Jasmine every day. I need to see her Cor. I can't stand not being able to talk to that beauty, precious face." I pointed out to him. He was still questionable about it though.
"Where'd you get an idea like that?" He demanded suspiciously.
"From the guidance counselor."
"So, Turner's just letting you take off?"
"He doesn't know, and I don't want him to find out. He'd just try and stop me. So, could you just do me a favor and cover for me long enough so I can get out of town?"
"Shawn, this is stupid." Cory said vicariously displeased with my idea, not supporting me at all.
"Look, I've thought all this through. I've never been more psyched, more ready for anything in my whole life. You got a few bucks?" I asked him.
"No!" He declined. Licking my dry lips, I decided it was time to go.
"Okay. Just asking." I stood up, one backpack strap over my shoulder. Before I could reach the flight of stairs, Cory paused me.
"Wait, Shawn. Stop. This whole thing is crazy. I mean, you don't even know what you're doing."
He persisted.
"Cory, are you really my friend?"
"You know I am."
"Then you'll let me go."
:::
I waited at the bus station clutching onto my ticket not even enlightening my grip off of it every single stepped of the way. Next to me, an old man was boasting about his basket. Not to mention he found his teeth in there.
How disturbing to show someone, then again I've seen similar at the trailer park.
I was hoping every passing minute the bus would get here now. I was afraid John would come and traumatize or invade my plans before I could exit to New York. Nothing was getting in my way of seeing Jasmine.
When the right bus arrived, I stepped on it right away. The older guy with the fruit basket just smiled at me, weirding me out a little.
Only a few hours til I was getting there. In the meantime to kill the time off, I pulled out the picture from my pocket of us from the photo booth.
I sighed, wishing this bus would speed up a little. This was going to take forever.
:::
I woke up with the sound of the bus halting to a severe stop. The destination was in New York, so that must of hinted I was here.
Excited, I scurried off the bus, and tried to remember Jasmine's address. I took out the letter, which stated where she is.
As I walked on the crowded streets of New York, everything was different. The smells compared to New York compelled an unusually satisfying fragrance whiffing up through my nostrils. It was a mixture of gas, fumes coming from all these people, and hot dogs. When I came here, it happened to be night time. I glanced up at the sky, signaling an idea. I should plan a moonlight picnic. Sounds romantic.
So?
I picked up a random basket from nearby, and found the nearest pizza place. I got strawberries, but sadly there wasn't any chocolate syrup in stock. New Yorkers and their chocolate appetites I guess.
I made it to Jasmine's apartment, which on the outside exterior was a light tan. I need to head up to the balcony somehow. It was at the end of the street, in that matter. On the side of it, there happened to be a ladder. I decided to climb it and searched through all the windows til I made it to the last one at the top. I glanced inside the glass reflection, seeing a figure.
Jasmine.
Making sure she was by herself,
I knocked on the window pane. It was tough since I had a basket in my hand and a backpack on my behind.
I waited til she saw me, which she got up right away. She walked towards the window and lifted it up.
"Shawn!" She exclaimed, and I hushed her, not wanting to get in any more trouble than I already would be.
"Shh, can you let me in? I feel like as if I'm about to fall." I pointed out, and she helped me climb through, the basket on the floor. I dropped my backpack off, dusting off my pant legs.
"What are you doing here? Did Turner take you to see me?" She asked me softly.
"No," I huffed out, trying to regain my breath through that tiny adrenaline rush,"he's not here. Just me."
"Well does he know?"
"Look, Jasmine. I had to come see you. Your birthday is in a two weeks, and I can't handle the thought of not seeing you in person." I explained to her, choking my words out. Her expression burrowed into intrepid concern, having a loss for words. I claimed a hold of her hand, pulling her towards me.
"Shawn-"
"Hush, it's just us now." I whispered, settling her on top of my lap.
She didn't say anything after that; her eyes drifted to the floor, closing her eyes as I pressed my lips against her familiar tasting ones.
It tasted like cherry vanilla chapstick, with her hair wanting to part in the way which gave off a strawberry cream scent.
She rested down on the floor with me on top of her body, protecting her in this embrace. Our hands enticed, and our kisses ignited into something stronger in bondage. Merely reconnecting to her made me want time to go slow. I just wanted these moments to be cherished with love, nothing bittersweet.
We pulled away, gazing into each other's eyes for a moment, like some sort of kaleidoscope. I always had an admiration for her eyes. I didn't care if they weren't as blue as the ocean as anyone favored; with Jasmine's, this pointed out brown eyes revealed their innocent, soft, and impeccable nature with just one destined look at  perspective.
"I have something for you." I whispered to her, pulling the tiny strands of hair out of her face so she could see. I leaned up and she did too, handing her the wooden basket.
"Are we going on a picnic?" She asked gleaming with amusement. She traced over each of the hedges located on the picnic with her index finger slowly, trailing them.
"You bet we are. I got a pizza at the last minute, and strawberries, but no chocolate covered ones, if that's suffice." She smiled, thanking me with a kiss.
"That's fine, as long as we are together, I'm fine with it."
"Then come on. I hear the moon already calling for our names."
She reached for what it looked like to be my leather jacket, slipping it around herself.
Wrapping one arm around my neck, she hopped on top of my back, and we slipped out of her window, climbing down the ladder step by step, peg by peg.
At the last couple of pegs, I jumped down, her still on my back.
We made it into the city of wonders again, a cool breeze howling through out my ears and shifting beneath my feet swiftly.
We collaborated with the moist grass, and scattered a blanket on it from when we got it outside her bedroom window. We sat on it together, and ate the pizza as well as the strawberries.
We chatted together as we were eating, reminiscing on memories and such.
"You know Cory and Topanga are dating now?" I informed her.
"About time." She joked, plopping the ruby colored fruit into her mouth.
"I set them up as well as Trinie. Harley is back, Griffin is still there, but get this: Joey and Frankie drifted away from them. They are no longer lackeys, so to speak. But they still are picking on more together." I explained to her.
"Remember you were obsessed with being a part of their gang?" She reminded me, letting out a sly giggle.
I smirked, wrapping an arm around her waist.
"And I remember how you helped me. It sucks without you at John Adam's High, Jas."
We scattered on the blanket, her snuggling on top of my chest.
"It sucks not seeing you here at Canadelt either. But I'm learning a lot about singing here. I even performed by myself. It's that fun."
"I bet it is. I'm glad you've been and are enjoying it." We rested here for a while, cuddling through the night. I missed her presence so much, I never wanted to leave New York although I wasn't so situated with it just yet.
Since our postures were comfortable, I decided to rest my eyes. As long as she was safe and buried in my arms, it was easily adjustable to a deep slumber.
:::
"Hunter!" I woke up to the sound of a figure erupting over me. I didn't recognize them since it was so dark outside, until I came face to face with John and another person.
"Jasmine."
It was a woman's voice- it must be her aunt.
Both of them stood there and awaited for us to meet them with explanations. We both woke up, but didn't meet their gazes.
"Hunter, tell me what brings you here in New York all by yourself. If you wanted to come see Jasmine, you could of asked me." He persisted me.
"Look, John, I was tired of not seeing Jasmine everyday. I was dreading it. So I came to her bedroom window, and just had to come meet her. It sucked."
I explained to him, but he wasn't understanding. Am I speaking some sort of  different language he doesn't understand somehow?
"Jasmine, why didn't you tell me Shawn came? Don't you think his guardian would of been worried?" Her aunt demanded with crossed arms.
Jasmine didn't answer until a couple minutes later.
"Yeah, but it sucks not seeing him too. I missed him a lot." She replied, sharing the same reasoning.
"It's dangerous being out here alone at night. Especially for you Shawn. You have no idea what could of happened. What if you were arrested?"
"Doesn't matter. No one can hold me back from seeing Jasmine." I stated.
"Well we are going home, Shawn, I'm not trying to be the bad figure here. Look. We don't want to separate you. Just please, understand, you guys have to wait to see each other again until break, or until you're both finished with schooling. I promise, everything will become normal for you too. When we get back to the house, say your goodbyes. Then we are going on that bus and heading to Philly."
:::
Obeying John's orders and strict, enforced commands, we headed back to the house to collect my belongings. When we made it to the door, Jasmine and I stood there, having to say goodbye like we had to from before.
It broke our hearts but our love mended it back together like glue.
"I love you Jas." I whispered to her.
"I love you too, Shawn." She murmured back. We ended it with a kiss, leaving back to Philly. The way there, we were speechless until we made it back to school. Cory was panicking frantically about how much I was supposedly mad at him but I wasn't.
"Look, I'm sorry about Jasmine Shawn. I knew how much you have missed her." Cory apologized, but I shook my head no.
"Don't be sorry. I'll have to wait patiently. Yes, I'll miss her dearly, but I need to get my school work done, despite hating it dreadfully. Patience is what is gunna build up our strong trust. As long as she's happy where she ended up, which she was,!I'm happy. It'll all be fine. I know it will."
"So, what are you going to do now in the meantime?" He asked me.
"I'm going to wait. Wait for my life to return."
❤︎