Four ➵ J. C

When the first hour bell rang, Shawn instantly followed me when I walked out of the class room. My seat was near the door, so it was more of an ability to being the first ones to be able to get out.
"Hey Jasmine," Shawn starts, stopping me in my tracks,"I need to talk to you."
I turned my attention to him, and stopped.
"I was wondering, if you maybe want to grab a burger at Chubby's? It's this place downtown where all the kids hang out. You know, so that way I could show you more of Philly." Shawn offered. I widened my eyes a little at his offer.
"Sure." I accepted his offer, and I was pretty surprised that he even asked me.
"Great! Meet me at my locker after school. I'll lead you to it."
I managed to find my classes, and for some reason, I felt the urge to run out to find Shawn. Something about him made me feel as if I could trust him.
When I talked with him, I developed  a connection with him. I just don't know why.
I guess when the bell rang from fourth hour class, we were supposed to head to lunch.
I was able to find the lunch room, and the first person I found was Shawn. He saw me, waving over to me right away. Cory was sitting next to him too, and his eyes lifted to me. He smirked, then glanced over at Shawn.
I noticed there wasn't a seat there, and Shawn did too. He pulled out a chair from a random table, making it to where it was next to him. He sat down, then patting the seat while looking at me.
I planted myself on the seat, with Shawn grinning at me. I was flattered hey curious. Why was he grinning at me like that?
"Hey Jasmine." Cory greeted me.
"Hey Cory. Hey Shawn." I greeted both of them. I looked to see what today's lunch was, so I took a look at Cory's tray. I noticed that Shawn hasn't gotten lunch yet either.
On his tray,  it revealed to be chicken nuggets with fries. For a drink, it was a Root Beer.
I looked to my right to see that there was a short lunch line.
I went up there, and Shawn was right behind me perpetrating as some sort of lost puppy.
"What are you getting Jasmine?" Shawn asked me.
"Chicken nuggets and fries, you?"
"Me too."
There was also a cookie you could pick up with your meal. I picked up a sugar cookie and headed to the vending machine.
I didn't have money, crap.
Shawn came by, and I asked him if he had any money for the vending machine.
"No, but, I can just do this." Shawn says, and he kicks the vending machine with the back of his foot.
A random bottle of coca-cola rushed down to the bottom, and he pulled it out then handed it to me.
"Hope you're fine with coca-cola." Shawn says, then tucked a strand of his hair back.
"It's fine. Thanks." I said, staring at him.
We headed back to our seats and I noticed Cory couldn't stop smirking at us.
What was he thinking?
❤︎