Thirty ➵ Multipov

Jasmine
During the week of Turnaround, Topanga, Trinie, Dawn, and I went dress shopping together. So far, nothing really satisfied my interest in any of these. We were all planning on getting them in Christmas colors, with a tinge of glitter located on them. That way, it could raise up the moods for the Christmas spirit.
"Hey guys, what do you think of this one?" Trinie asked, pulling a black dress with a golden, glittered top on it from off the dress rack. It had skinny straps with it too.
"Oh my gosh, Trinie, that is so cute!" Topanga complimented, gazing at the seams of the dress. Watching the tiny specks glowing from the sparkles were satisfying. It was definitely a sight for sore eyes.
"I haven't found one that's in my taste yet..." Dawn admitted, still browsing for a dress that was in her size, as well as in her style. As she searched, she came across one that became her final decision dress. The only ones who didn't have a dress was Topanga and me.
"I love this golden one, it's in my size too! I might try it on. What do you think?"
"I love it Dawn. Go try it out." I insisted to her. She formed a bright, toothy grin, as she headed to the dressing room to try it on. Trinie decided to try hers too, while Topanga and I were still searching for dresses. A couple minutes later, coincidentally at the same time, both Trinie and Dawn came out of the dressing rooms, in their dresses now instead of the previous outfits. Their dresses fit them perfectly as well.
Not only did they fit them, nor did they look good, but it indicated their personality. Trinie's was rebellious, with a bit of bubbliness. For Dawn, she was the insecure one, although often sincere. It's what made her bold, and bright- she was truly the yellow sun in the sky that provided itself as a friend for everyone and to anyone that befriended her.  She wanted everyone to gain comfort. To feel like as if they had a secure presence in this world aside from herself.
Then there was Topanga. The intelligent one- I was smart, but not like her. She helped everyone into succeeding, and offered solutions to any problem, wether if it was hers or her friends. Or anyone, to be accurately exact.
I was grateful to have found myself in my small group of friends. They taught me to be me.
Topanga searched for another dress, and pulled out a strawberry red one, with diamonds in the waist area. It was strapless, but it was stunning.
"I love this one. What do you guys think?" Topanga asked only me, as Trinie and Dawn went to go change back into their previous outfits.
"I love it Topanga. Aren't you going with Cory?" I asked him.
"No, but I wish." She mumbled.
"What did you say?" I heard what she said loud and perfectly clear. Her eyes widened, in shock that I overheard her mumbled words.
"Nothing, it's nothing! Really Jas." She persisted. I still held my expression on my face, knowing what's up. Her gestures were already proof to me.
"You like Cory, don't you?" I whispered, just in case Trinie and Dawn were to show up. And yep, they sure did, at the thought of them.
Before Topanga could say anything, Dawn and Trinie pointed out the dress at the same time.
"Oh my gosh, Topanga, that is so beautiful." They both chimed. Topanga formed a fake smile, but kept her hasty gaze on me. She leaned in, and whispered something in my ear.
"We'll talk about this later."
Meanwhile, when she went to go change, I searched for a dress. I still couldn't find one in my test.
"Guys, I'm having a hard time trying to choose here." I said, extinguishing out a tiring sigh. I was about to give up.
"Don't worry Jasmine, you'll find one. What about this emerald green one?" Trinie asked, pulling a random dress off of the coat rack. When I turned around and went to go look at it, I was filled with disgust. That dress wasn't my taste even. It appeared older, and out of style. It was emerald green, with the sleeves being formed in ruffles, and without even having any sparkles or glitter layered over it. It was bland.
"No, Trinie." I declined her offer, and she just scoffed, then pulling out her pack of gum then sticking a piece of it in her mouth.
"Fine." She remarked.
Before I continue searching, there stood Topanga in her dress. She fit perfectly. The dress revealed her extravagant, intelligent personality, as she stood there, hands folded, looking up. Standing so broad and tall, as if no one could take her guard down.
"Topanga, yes. That's definitely a yes." Dawn accepted. Topanga just smiled widely as we all praised her choice.
"Thanks guys. I'm gunna go change back."
Still, I needed to search for mine. I looked all over, until something caught my eye. I heard it calling my name, literally.
I went over there and found a dark royal blue dress. On the top it was strapless, with tints of sparkle just like what I was looking for. For the skirt, it was in ruffles.
I found what I was looking for.
I got it off the rack and showed my dress choice to Dawn, Topanga, and Trinie, who's eyes lingered onto the dress.
"Jasmine, your choice in this dress is perfect. Not only does it fit you well, but your personality too. It really indicates your characteristics." Topanga was the first one to note this small detail.
"Topanga's right Jasmine. It really does fit your personality." Trinie pointed out. I never really interpreted that before. I've always had dresses I found cute and thought it was my style, but never to "fit" my personality. I guess it was thanks to my friends who allowed me to see that.
"I'm getting this then. So do we all have dresses now?" I asked, making sure we finalized our decision of our dress choices. Everyone nodded their heads, then we made it to the shoe isle.
"Are you getting heels this time Jasmine?" Topanga interrogated, as the others went to different sections searching for their shoe sizes and the correct shoe they wanted.
"Um, I'm not really a heel kind of girl to be honest." I admitted.
"Well you should! It would go with your dress more. I know I'm getting them. I love heeled shoes," Topanga said, then grabbed a hold of my hand,"I'll help you find a pair."
And so she did.
"How about these? Try them on." Topanga got a box with my size, which were a size 8 and a half. I got the pair out of the box, took my shoes off, and slipped one foot in. I stood up, practicing walking around in them.
However, it failed almost miserably when I lost my balance and almost fell down to the ground. Luckily though, Topanga got a hold of me since she was standing right next to me.
"Okay, you may need some practice. Jasmine, don't let the heels control you. Control them. Go own them like you own the world." Topanga insisted. She helps me with my posture, which I had to stand up straight, with relaxed, broad shoulders. It was time to act more confident; So Topanga was right after all-I had to own these.
I did as she insisted, which made it ten times better. I didn't lose my balance at all!
"See! It isn't so bad now, is it?" Topanga smiled, and I grinned. I was proud of myself, now I won't have a phobia of having to wear heels. All I had to do was supply myself with inner confidence that I never had before.
I honestly liked the heels Topanga got me. They were opened toed, with diamonds encrusted around the ankle area and in between the toes. They would match my dress perfectly.
The night of the turnaround, we decided to all get ready at Topanga's house.
But before Shawn and I would leave for the turnaround, he was gunna pick me up earlier than expected to his parents could see what we would look like before the dance. This dance was gunna be special- not only cause I'd dance with Shawn, but it would be the first time dancing with him since I've moved in with his family. Our relationship has strengthened up more, conveying our love more unconditionally and potentially.
Noticing this made me more even excited and anxious to go to the Turnaround dance with Shawn.
Since I was leaving early, Topanga was curling my hair first. I already had my dress on- not my heels however as Trinie was painting my toe nails.
"What color do you want your toes to be Jas? Black or Indigo Blue?" Trinie wondered, as she picked the colors out from Topanga's basket full of multicolored nail polish.
"Indigo Blue." I answered, and she nodded. She shook the nail polish, so that way she'd have an easier time to be able to apply it on to my toes.
Since my hair was long, it took a while for Topanga to turn it into luscious, small curls.
After she curled it, she sprayed on hair spray, and Trinie was done painting my toe nails.
"You did a great job with this Trinie." I praised her, as I wiggled them. I could the luminous shimmer coming from the light shining down from Topanga's ceiling fan.
"Thanks. Time to do Dawn's."
After Topanga applied the hairspray, she put it into a ponytail, making my hair seem more fuller and thicker. After she was done with the backside, she handed me my hairband with diamonds on it. I picked that up from the store as well when I went shopping for the Turnaround.
"Oh my gosh, your hair looks so pretty. What do you think of it?" Topanga asked, as she grabbed couple mirrors and so I could see not only the front, but the back of it as well.
"I love it so far Topanga. Are you doing my makeup still?" I wondered.
"Yep. I'll do smokey eyes- it'll match up the color of your eyes well." Topanga decided. She applied on the makeup- which the first thing she started was with face powder and blush to point out my complexion.
"So, Jasmine. Do you think Shawn will call you telling you he's gunna get ready to leave to pick you up, or is he gunna sneak through Topanga's window like last time?" Dawn smirked when she asked me that question and Trinie giggled.
"It's Shawn- however it would be kind of sexy if he did sneak through the window." I responded with a smirk.
"If he did that while we were all getting ready I would kill him." Topanga threatened, as she was now working on my eyes. It took her about five minutes to do my eyes, with only one to three minutes to do my lips. Once she was finished, she showed the mirror for me again.
I was impressed with her makeup style, but I was also left in complete awe. The way she did my makeup for me made me look like a different person.
"Oh my gosh, Topanga.. this is beautiful. You did a marvelous job." I admired her makeup work so much.
"Aww I'm glad you loved it Jasmine. I really am." I hugged Topanga as in thanks, and remembered I was missing one important thing. As I slipped on my heels, I went to go grab the necklace Shawn purchased for my birthday, putting it around my neck. Now my look appeared complete.
Downstairs there was a knock at the door. That must be Shawn!
"Jasmine! Shawn is here!" Topanga's mom called from downstairs, my prediction being correct.
"That's Shawn. I gotta go guys, I'll see you at the dance. Okay?"
"See ya."
I headed downstairs to find Shawn sitting on the couch. His face was staring down, until I reached the last few steps, my heels clicking loudly for him to hear. Once Shawn looked up, his eyes lingered from top to bottom repeatedly. His mouth gapped open, but no words came out. He remained speechless for about five minutes, until he was able to stumble out his words.
"Ja-Jasmine," he began to stutter, his expression in awe,"you loon stunningly beautiful."
I smiled, blushing a little. However, before we could share any moments, Topanga's mom came back into the room.
"Look at you two! Acting all cute and such."
Shawn and I looked at her, but our eyes still locked into each other's gaze.
"Well, go ahead now. Have fun together before the dance." Topanga's mom insisted, and we did as she ordered us.
We were now standing outside Topanga's front door, when suddenly I felt something drop on my shoulder- like a tiny speck.
"Did you feel that Shawn?" I asked him, as we both looked up. It began to snow!
"It's snowing out! We are experiencing our first snow together!" Shawn exclaimed, excited. He leaned in for a kiss, as the snow began to increase, landing on us every single second of the night.
Shawn pulled away, only to form a smirk. He got a hold of my hand and we started walking to the trailer park. However, he hauled to a stop,  wrapping his arms around my waist. He picked me up, with my arms around his neck, my legs entranced around his waist. It was like as if he was lifting me up into the snowing sky.
As it was snowing, he held me tightly into his arms as he carried me to the trailer park. It felt peaceful- him holding me like this. I decided to press my lips against his cheek, helping make this moment more magical with a kiss.
Suddenly, once we were in the trailer park complexes, he dropped me to my feet. Once we were at the doorstep, he was turning into the opposite direction from when we came from.
"You go inside, I need to go look for something." Shawn insisted. I nodded, as I pecked him on the lips then headed inside. Once I went inside, there stood Shawn's mom and dad from what it looked like to be getting their camera ready.
Once Shawn's mom spotted me, she smiled warmly- her eyes sparkling.
Shawn's dad was the same way, but I didn't expect it. When I looked at him, I realized now I can know what it feels to stare up at a father figure.
Although he may not provide much for this family, but he was still there.
Shawn's mom, on the other hand, she helped me bring back the vague memory of what it was like to have a mother. More so a foster mother.
One I can go to for trustworthy conversations- to tell secrets to- to giggle laugh- it was all a splendor.
"Jasmine, you look so gorgeous in this. Come here." She insisted, and she reached for me like a mother did with her own kin. She held me into her arms, with Shawn's dad holding onto me too.
It was the best feeling I ever felt in my entire, lonesome life. It made me reassure myself:
I'm no longer alone in this dangerous world.