Thirteen ➵ both

Jasmine
I was scared to come home last night, especially since I got new glasses. But it was for nothing, since I came home alone.
It was Tuesday. Aka, the second day of the week. I wonder what people are gunna say about my new glasses; ignore me, bully me, or compliment me. My guess: was ignore.
When I walked into school, everyone started laughing at me once they saw me with glasses.
"Hey four eyed geek! You used to look so stunning. Now look at you!" One of the guys pointed out.
"Huh?" I say, hurt and confused. I shoved past through them, luckily finding Shawn.
"Hey there, you look so pretty with glasses." Shawn complimented me. I smiled, but it quickly faded. Not a lot of people liked them except for Shawn and his parents.
Topanga and Cory up to us, and they took note of my glasses.
"Aww I love your new glasses Jasmine."   Topanga complimented me.
"Yeah they look great on you." Cory agreed.
"Thanks, although not a lot of people seem to think so." I informed them. Shawn raised an eyebrow.
"How? You look gorgeous at it is. Don't get upset over it, okay?" Shawn insists. I still wasn't happy. He wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me close to him so we could hug.
"Look, who cares what they think. If they have a problem with what you look like-deal with it. I'm lucky myself to have such a good girl like you." Shawn said, cheering me up. I kissed him as a thank you.
We hung out together at the lockers, and he asked me if I wanted to go see a movie with him after school.
"Yes." I answered, then suddenly a dude dressed in black jeans, with a black shirt and a white long sleeved one underneath came up to us. He had a stern look on his face, his eyebrows almost being formed in an unibrow since they were both furrowed.
Shawn's expression deepened into anger, instead of happy as he caught the sight of the guy.
"Crandall." Shawn said, shoving his hands into the pockets of his jeans.
"So, Hunter, I heard you're dating someone who went from being insanely beautiful, to turning into a four eyed geek." Crandall taunted him, referring to me.
"Shut up Crandall. Or I'm going to punch your head off." He growled, getting in front of me. The bell rang, making us late.
"Try me." Crandall threatened, shoving him. Shawn looked as if he was eager to fight this guy, now his hands being in a ball of fists.
"Come on Shawn-" I insisted, getting a hold of his arm. I didn't want him to get hurt, or suspended.
"Hunter, Clayton, Rhett. It's class so it means get in." Mr. Turner announced, interrupting us. Shawn remained glaring at Crandall until I kept tugging at his arm.
We walked into class together, with Crandall right behind us. Oh yeah, I forgot I had him in English, sadly.
I sat next to my normal seat beside Shawn, with Crandall right next to him.
Shawn couldn't stop glaring at Crandall, who was returning the same gesture.
"Alright, since we didn't finish The Outsiders last night, we are going to today." Mr. Turner said, setting the tape up. I was relieved that I could finally be able to watch The Outsiders. I know I already seen it before, but I just loved the movie, so I was excited.
"Looks like your girlfriends gunna be able to see the movie, but she'll never be able to see how pretty she is." I heard Crandall murmur to Shawn.
My cheeks reddened, getting upset.
I just tried and keep my attention focused on the movie.
On the bright side... At least I'd be able to watch my favorite character, PonyBoy in a clearer view. I smiled at the sight of him. I loved it especially when he dyed his hair blonde, when Johnny did that to him so he could hide his identity, I couldn't help but 'fangirl.'
"Psst, Shawn. How about you dump her and you go out with me?" I heard one of the girls from nearby offer.
"No. I'm dating someone way better than you." He hissed, and the girl was offended. She gave me a dirty look, then looked back at the movie.
"How is she better though?" Crandall whispered.
"How is it that you don't have every broken bone in your body yet?" Shawn remarked.
"How is it that you can date someone who's ugly and turn down a sexy girl like Jan Marrion?" Crandall said.
"Yeah, Shawn. She's ugly. You don't need a girl like her." Jan said, getting back into the conversation.
"Stop it." Shawn insisted. I tried to focus on the movie. It was almost over. I. just. Had. To. Make. It. Through.
It was the scene were Sodapop had enough of Ponyboy and Darry fighting.
But they kept harassing me, saying how horrible I looked to Shawn.
"Oh look, she looks as if she's about to cry. Can't her little ugly heart and face take it?" Crandall teased.
"Crandall shut up!" Shawn yelled at him.
Memories began to flood throughout my mind. I've been called bad names at home as it was, ones worse than just labeled as ugly.
I tried to fight the urge of leaving the classroom, but then that's when Crandall said something that broke me.
"She's just an insecure bitch, and a worthless whore." Crandall hissed.
That was enough.
I rushed out of the classroom, heading into the bathroom. There were girls in here who laughed at me.
"Hey look it's that girl who's dating Shawn. She's trash just as it is." One of the girls gossiped, making the others giggle.
I hid myself in one of the stalls, planning on staying here til school was over.