Three ➵ S. H

"Oh, there you are Shawn! I've been looking all over for you." Cory says to me when I went to my locker. I didn't care if he was trying to find me right now.
"I'm so mad man." I bit my lip in frustration, kicking my locker a few times when it didn't open.
"Why what happened? Is it because of that one girl Marcia?" Cory asked me. It made me more angrier.
"Yes,"I confirmed, as I pulled out my green backpack from out of my locker,"she bailed on me at the last minute because I guess her parents hate me due to my home life. They think of me as trailer park trash."
"Oh, I'm sorry about that Shawn.
In my opinion, you live in a great place." Cory insisted, trying to cheer me up. I shrugged, leaning my back against the lockers. I would of argued with him on that one, but I really wasn't in the mood for arguing. I was boiling up already.
"Well, I do have some good news for you." Cory added, smirking.
"What is it?" I asked him. Probably something like he was going to take me to Chubby's to help get my mind off of it.
"There's a new girl at our school. Her name is Jasmine, and she's in our next class." Cory confirmed. That didn't cheer me up really.
"She's probably going to think I'm trailer trash too. My home life just isn't as decent. I know it, everyone knows it." I ranted, and the bell rings before Cory could even speak.
I headed to class, and sat in my seat.
I crossed my arms, not owning any cares in the world. Why did my life have to be classified as 'scum?' Why was my life so different to others.
Mr. Turner, like always, assigned homework. It was to read a book.  It was titled The Outsiders, by S. E. Hinton. We had to be with partners too.
"Lastly, Shawn.. You're with Jasmine Clayton. The new student." Mr. Turner says. I couldn't be with Cory, since he was already with Topanga.
I noticed a girl in a pink sweater head toward my direction. She pulled up her desk closer to me, and we made eye contact. I got a better look at her, and for some reason, this girl wasn't like any other girl I've been on a date with. She had dark brown curly hair, with brown eyes to match.
Was this the girl Cory was telling me about?
She appeared  to be very beautiful to me. Something about her seemed to be different. Maybe it was the way she was blushing as she stared at me, which was a shade of crimson red. She batted her eye lashes at me, and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.
"Um," she says, clearing her throat,"I guess we are supposed to answer questions for the homework assignment, as we read the book."
"Oh, yeah," I say, pulling out of my trance,"we are."
I couldn't stop staring at her.
I had to stop though, I felt as if I was creeping her out.
Yet?
She seemed flattered, yet shy.
"Maybe we should read this individually, then discuss it afterwards." Jasmine suggested.
"Alright." I decided, actually opening the first pages of The Outsiders. I just skimmed through the first paragraph, until I went into full detail with it.
I related to this so much though.
A lot of, I guess what they call the preps, "socs," always judged them by whatever they looked like, but really, they weren't looking for harm..
All they wanted was to do good for the world. Maybe it was okay to have some fun then and there, but really, they just wanted to be treated the same.
❤︎