Seventeen ➵ both

Shawn
I was waiting for Jasmine to come back for the past fifteen minutes, and I was beginning to get worried. Topanga and Cory came back from dancing, then I headed to Topanga.
"Shawn! Where's Jasmine?" Topanga wondered.
"You haven't seen her either?" I asked, running a hand through my hair to keep myself from fretting.
"No. When's the last time you saw her?"
"Fifteen minutes ago. She said she had to go to the bathroom but I don't know. Can you go check?" I asked her.
"Of course." She rushed to the bathroom, and I was pacing back and forth until a prep with long blonde hair in a tight green dress came strutting by, smirking at me.
"I see your girlfriend isn't anywhere near you, trailer trash." She scoffed.
My heart sank. Why do people always have to call me that?
"Where's Jasmine? Did you do something to her?" I demanded, getting in her face.
"Why would I wanna do such a terrible thing like that? Maybe she wanted to leave cause she realized you're not good enough for her." She responded with a smirk.
"Jasmine isn't like that." I argued.
"Who knows, maybe she is, trailer trash." She said, her and her friends walking away. Topanga just in time came to me.
"Did you find Jasmine?" I asked her.
"No. I didn't. I don't know where she could be." Topanga answered.
"Somethings wrong. That isn't like her to do a thing like that, it just isn't." I pointed out.
"Maybe she had to go home?" Cory added, trying to figure out where she could be. But that wasn't her.
"She would of told me Cor." I said, feeling insecure about myself. Topanga rested a hand on my shoulder, gaining my attention.
"Go find her. She might be out there somewhere." Topanga suggested.
"I'm going to." I said, heading out of the school.
:::
Jasmine
I didn't know where I had been. Either way, I didn't like the setting.
From the looks of it I had been in an empty lot, and I was laying down. My bones cracked as I sat up. I thrust myself up to stand up, my weight being oddly heavy. I felt a sharp of pain in my lower area, as if it was stinging.
I looked around to try and get back to the school; or at least Shawn's trailer. I couldn't go home, or the pain would just be increased from the unstoppable abuse.
Suddenly, a few guys who looked to be familiar appeared from the darkness as if they had been lurking the entire night.
Before I could escape them, one of them pushed me to the wall.
I studied their faces. I recognized them.
They were that gang from the other night.
"Don't leave. We were just having fun with you earlier." He said with a smirk. He looked so sinister, so evil for being as young as I was. He was the true definition of a low life thug.
I tried to push him off me but he pushed me up against the wall, trying to slip the tongue to French kiss me.
"Get off of me!" I ordered, and I kicked him,but he slapped me. He looked me deep into the eyes, leaving me in a position I didn't want to be in.
Where was the police? Shouldn't they be inspecting these kinds of scenes at this time of night?
"You changed our friend Shawn for he worse. He's some sort of softie. He won't even bother to hang with us at night after we seen you guys." He blamed, his voice low as if he was hissing. His octave levels were deep and fierce, raging with a violence no one could seem to stop.
"Just let me go!" I screamed at him but he covered my mouth with his hand, which was covered in grease and dirt.
"I'm not gunna. Instead I'm going to shred you to pieces." He threatened.
:::
Shawn
As I was trying to search for Jasmine, I was getting tired. It was almost midnight. Where could she be? I searched throughout the entire town, until I heard voices.
I followed the sound of them, which led me right to Jasmine. It was my old group of friends I used to hang out before I started dating Jasmine. They were harassing her right there in the open.
I thrusted myself at him, trying to get him off of her. I wasn't going to allow this guy to mess with her. I was on top of him at times, then he was. He and I throttled each other it seemed like, but I had to. He needed to be taught a lesson.
All of a sudden I heard police sirens nearby. I felt someone pull me away from him, trying to situate this whole thing. It was a police officer.
"May I ask what you guys are doing fighting at this time of night?" One of the officers asked me.
"He was harassing my girlfriend officer." I informed him.
"No I wasn't." Derek objected, lying so he wouldn't get arrested.
"And you chose to fight him like that instead of calling the police?" The officer said. That fired me up.
"Woah woah wait," I say, getting out of his hold,"so if I was to have seen that, I wasn't supposed to fight him off? Even if he was taking it further and making it worse?"
"That's not what I said." The officer argued, trying to get a hold of me again.
"No, that's exactly what you said," I replied, getting a hold of Jasmine's hand,"let's go Jasmine."
:::
On our way to my trailer, we bumped into Cory and Topanga.
"Jasmine! Where were you?" Topanga demanded.
"I was in an alley getting harassed by these guys. I think they kidnapped me." Jasmine said, trying to recall the events of what happened.
"Well I'm angry still. I fought the guy who was attacking her vulgarly, the police came. They proved my point on how I hate them so much." I informed them.
"What did they do?" Cory asked.
"They basically told us that even if Jasmine was still getting attacked I was to call the police instantly. One, there was no phone nearby. And two, it could of turned into something worse." I answered them, rolling my eyes at the thought of that cop's opinion on what to do. I always hated cops.
"Oh wow I'm sorry about that Shawn."
"Well, it's getting awfully late. Jasmine are you heading to Shawn's house?" Topanga asked her. She nodded. Suddenly she whispered something in Jasmine's ear, but Jasmine didn't react. Only to stare at her from what it looked to be annoyance.
Topanga left along with Cory down towards the street, heading to their houses. We continued our way back to my trailer, then I decided to ask Jasmine what Topanga said to her.
"Oh it's nothing. Just a joke she said earlier and it got annoying. That's all." Jasmine said, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.
I opened the door to access my trailer, then we came in to find no one home.
"From the looks of it, we are alone." I pointed out to Jasmine, smirking.
"You know Shawn, we didn't get much time at the formal." Jasmine reminded. I remembered we owned a miniature stereo that was right here in the living room. I went to it, turning it on which I had done so just in time.
The song Colorblind by Counting Crows was beginning to play. My favorite band.
"Aww I love this song." Jasmine says, smiling.
"Me too," I agreed,"Jasmine Grace Clayton- would you do me the honor of dancing with me?"
"Don't mind if I do." Jasmine said, fitting into the joke. I wrapped my arms around her waist, with hers around my neck. We gazed into each other's eyes as we started moving in slow movements, in a swaying motion.
She rested her head on my shoulder, as we danced like this for a while. The door had opened and my parents came in, but we didn't pull away or let it interrupt us.
My dad was about to say something but he saw what was going right away. My mom did too, then sneaked into their bedroom, leaving Jasmine and I alone. It seemed as if we had been dancing forever, as we started trancing away from the world. I didn't even pay attention to any of the songs that kept changing. All I know was that when I was with Jasmine, I was happy to be alive.
:::
Jasmine
I woke up, my vision blurry at first but since I had my contacts in my eyes adjusted to the scenery. It wasn't my home. It was Shawn's trailer.
I glanced around, noticing that I was next to Shawn. My eyes widened at the sight of it.
I slept with Shawn?!
From the looks of it, it was beginning to transition into dawn. We were in the living room and it was still dark except for the Windows that had some light shining through. I was unsure if I should let Shawn finish sleeping or not.
I decided to. I was still in my formal dress. I stood up, planning on sneaking back to my place. I didn't wanna go there, but I had no choice. I needed to be in a fresh new pair of clothes.
Before I could fully sneak out the door, a voice interrupted me.
"Jasmine?" I heard Shawn ask. I turned around, surprised he woke up so fast. He had one eye opened with the other closed. Once he managed to let himself fully wake up, his eyes widened.
"Wait, we slept together?" Shawn whispered, confused.
"I guess. All I remember was that we were dancing all night last night. I guess at some point we were still in that haze and fell asleep on the floor together." I say softly, sitting next to him again.
"Oh." Shawn said.
We sat there in silence for a while, until he broke it.
"At least it's a Saturday." Shawn said, making things much better.
"Yeah." I responded. He gets up, stretching. I stood up too so that way we could figure out what we were doing today.
"I need something to wear." I said to him.
"Do you need to go back to your house to get it? Or do you want to wear my clothes?" Shawn asked. I thought for a moment. Should we meet up at Chubbie's?
"How about we meet up at Chubbie's?" I suggested to him.
"No, I don't think that's a good idea Jas." Shawn disagreed.
"Why not?"
"It's just with that alley gang. I think I should stay by your side when we get to your house so that way you won't get harassed again." Shawn insisted.
"I'll be fine Shawn." I promised him.
"No I would worry too much. Can I please come with you?" Shawn pleaded.
"Shawn no-"
"Please?" Shawn begged, his keen, protective personality getting the best of him.
"As long as you stay in my room. Alright?" I insisted to him.
"Alright." Shawn said.
:::
I had to be careful walking with Shawn to my place. I was afraid he'd figure something out about my dad and what truly goes on in my house.
I told Shawn we had to sneak to my window.
"Ooh, danger." Shawn smirked.
"I'm not good at sneaking through windows remember." I admitted to him.
"Here, climb on my back." Since I had a tree right next to my window, that's how we were going to climb up to get to my window. I jumped on top of Shawn's back, and he led us through the window.
We tried hard not to make any loud noises. I hoped my dad or any of his friends wouldn't come up here. That would extremely suck.
I picked out a random outfit, which was a pink dress with a jean jacket. I remembered Shawn was in the room, so I told him to hide in my closet. Luckily without asking me why, he got the memo. He knew I would probably get in trouble for having a boy in my room, which was partially true. Other than that it gave my dad the excuse to abuse me. I headed to the bathroom and changed into it. If I were to change in front of Shawn, he would of saw my bruises. I slipped it on and had the jean jacket over it. I put on my white Chuck Taylor's and decided to tie my hair into a ponytail. I headed back quickly to my room and told Shawn he could get out.
"You have nice outfits in here." Shawn said, as he got out.
"Thanks." I said, laughing a little.
"Alright, are we taking the window again? Or what?" Shawn asked.
"Window." I confirmed.
:::
On our way to Chubbie's, I couldn't help but sing. I absolutely loved the song Colorblind by Counting Crows. The only time I was listening to the song we were listening to last night was that. However, I sang it as soft as possible.
"Are you singing?" Shawn asked me, and I instantly stopped, looking at him.
"Oh I'm sorry, I'll stop-"
"No, continue," Shawn insists,"you sing Colorblind better than they do actually."
I smiled, and did as he requested.
"I am covered in skin
No one gets to come in
Pull me out from inside
I am folded and unfolded and unfolding, I am colorblind." I sang nonchalantly. I was singing that song until we walked into Chubbie's.
"I didn't know you could sing like that Jasmine. Your voice is so beautiful. Sing more often." Shawn insisted, and I laughed.
"Thank you Shawn." I said, smiling. We leaned in, beginning to kiss each other. I caressed my hands on his face, admiring his complexion. He held his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him. We made out for awhile,enjoying ourselves. We both pulled away from each other's face, gazing into each other's eyes.
Until something caught my attention. I looked behind Shawn, spotting a figure that I didn't want to see. It was my dad.
"Jasmine? Are you okay?" Shawn asked me, as I pulled away from him. I looked away for a moment, trying to hide myself from my dad.
"Jas?" Shawn asked again, worried about what I was doing. Since my dad went in the other direction and didn't see me, I was relieved but realized I had to get out of here.
"I have to go Shawn." I insisted to him, trying to leave but he pulled me back.
"Why? What's going on Jas? Is it someone you know that's here? If so let me know, I'll protect you from them." Shawn promised me. I looked into his eyes, then sat back down in my seat. I noticed my dad was leaving again, and when he was searching for me again, I hid myself into Shawn so he wouldn't spot me.
Shawn tried to find whoever him by looking around, but couldn't spot him since my dad had left.
"You okay?" Shawn asked me, getting a hold of my hand.
"Yeah, I'm alright . Thank you." I answered him, kissing him on the lips again.
❤︎