Twenty - eight ➵ S. H

It's been only a half hour since we've been at grandma's house and Jasmine hasn't spoken much. I was talking to Uncle Mike about what it was like to be living with my girlfriend.
"It's a nice thing Shawny. Now I know you are still young, but have you had.... the bees and the bombs?"
"Bees and the bombs?"
"Or birds and the bombs or whatever it is. You know... sex?"
"No, no, no. I don't plan on it yet. We are only fourteen, Uncle Mike." I reminded him simply. I guess it didn't appear to me everyone would be thinking that since Jasmine was living with me.
"I know but you know, would you?" Uncle Mike asked.
"Maybe when we are older. I never been this serious with a girl before, Uncle Mike." I admitted, my voice being faded, and vacant. I didn't want Jasmine to here of it.
It was true, before Jasmine came along, I didn't care about the girl I would be dating. Every day it would be different. Until Jasmine came into my life, and she changed me to be a better person.
Uncle Mike had just smiled, and patted me on the back to praise me.
"You're a well adjusted kid, Shawny." Uncle Mike says.
I flashed him a smile, and headed over to Jasmine who was by herself.
"You okay?" I asked her.
"Yeah, I am." She answered, her voice low.
"You sure? You haven't spoken much. I know you're shy in general but..." I pointed out to her jokingly, and she just tried her best to smile. I wrapped an arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer to me.
I kissed her on the forehead, and just then, Grandma Hunter appeared right next to us.
"So you must be Jasmine."  She said, looking her from top to bottom, observing her carefully.
"Yes I am." She said quietly.
"Tell me about yourself. Why  do you live with Shawn's family? What did you  do?"
"Well I came from an abused dad who kept neglecting me and hitting me everyday. Shawn changed it for the better and his parents too, by letting me stay with him. Our relationship is very serious, grandma Hunter. I love him a lot and I promise you I wouldn't do anything to hurt your grandson."
Jasmine promised her, and grandma Hunter didn't respond back. Instead: she just smiled in response.
"Really? You're not like other girls, aren't you?" She murmured.
"No she's not. She's an amazing girl. Grandma, I never had a girl who has full on respect for me, and she's always there to bring out the best in me. I love her." I responded back to her.
She was silent for a moment, and rested a hand on top of Jasmine's hand.
"I can tell you've been through so much. Your eyes are so mesmerizing, and deep. It's like they are telling a story. Usually girls are known to judge our family the first time they meet us. However, with you, you are different. I've only known you for five seconds and you don't even mean any harm. I'd love to welcome you into our family." She welcomed, then hugging Jasmine. I hugged them too, until mom had announced dinner was all ready.
"You get a seat next to me Jasmine!" Grandma Hunter decided, and Jasmine smiled. Grandma sat at the very end of the table since she was the eldest Hunter here. There beside her sat Jasmine with me sitting next to Jasmine. My dad sat across from us, and my uncle mike sat next to him too. There were a total of two tables for people to sit at: a smaller sized table for the little kids, my cousins to be exact, while a bigger table for the adults / teens.
Since my mom wasn't able to sit next to my dad, she sat next to me, serving the food to each individual.
Now thanksgiving was almost over already. Just a couple more hours left, and still no sign of Eddie.
And it better stay that way.
❤︎