Twenty ➵ both

Jasmine's POV:
Today was the day I was going to tell Shawn.
Cory helped me a lot yesterday with everything. It made me happy to know I had another person to go to- to talk to, know I'm not alone.
I buttoned up my dress that was white with black polka dots, and slipped on my black combat boots. I left my hair down, brushed my teeth, and put my backpack on. I headed downstairs where of course my dad was in the kitchen. He was drinking his booze with his elbow propped on the counter so he could lean against it. His eyes met with mine, and I tried to sneak pass through. However, it failed tremendously.
He abruptly gets a hold of me, yanking me hard by the shoulder,causing intense pain.
"You didn't tell anybody did you?" He shouted at me. I looked down, not wanting to meet my gaze with his.
"Did you?" He shook me, trying to grasp my attention. He kept shaking me until I responded.
"N-no." I said, my voice heavy.
"You lying bitch! You did, didn't you?" He screamed at me. He slapped me across the face, tears swelling around my eyes.
"No! I didn't. I promise I didn't, and I won't!" I insisted to him, my voice soft spoken and I began to sob hysterically. Suddenly he threw me against the counter, and pulled me back again to face him. His eyes demonstrated evil, as I spotted a red tint of color in his eyes. His teeth showed, revealing the stench of his breath that mixed in with alcohol, cigarettes, and drugs.
"You better not, cause if you will, I will find you and I promise I'll kill you. You don't deserve love from anyone in this world. You're a pathetic tramp and a slut who goes around with too many guys." My dad spat, causing me to breakdown. That wasn't even true, what a fable.
He pushed me away from him, his anger boiling. I headed outside, rushing on my way to school. I had to get out of here.
:::
When I first headed to school, there wasn't no sign of Shawn. I was talking to Topanga at the locker's, and I told her thanks.
"For what?"
"Trying to help me, I understand that you are. My dad still is in a horrible habit though." I said, feeling down. She laid a hand on my shoulder to help comfort me.
"You really need to stay somewhere else, Jasmine, or else it's going to get worse. I don't want that for you. I've been fearing for your safety since you've told me about what's been going on throughout these years." Topanga confessed. It made me feel grateful to know I had a wonderful best friend who'd help me through out everything. Even if it includes sacrifices to benefit her friends in a better solution.
Suddenly I saw Shawn walk near us, so I went up to him and greeted him with a kiss, until he pulled away right afterwards.
"Don't kiss me." Shawn snapped at me. I was bewildered at his induction. He was about to leave but I grabbed a hold of his arm.
"What's wrong Shawn?" I interrogated him.  Shawn scoffed, rolling his eyes.
"Surprised you don't know," Shawn remarked,"wait I shouldn't, if you enjoy playing with other's emotions like that."
"What? I don't understand what I did wrong, Shawn." I told him.
"Of course you don't. You're just like every other girl. You think,'oh Shawn Hunter is trailer trash, why like him,'and decide at the last minute to fall for a guy with a better life than me. I thought you were different. I hope you enjoy your luxurious life with Cory." He argued, leaving me taken aback. This didn't make any sense.
"Shawn I love you! Not Cory, where would you get that from?" I demanded him.
"You should know. Ditching out on your own boyfriend and going for Cory. I caught you hugging him being close with each other behind my back." He snapped.
"You were the one in those bushes? Why would you do that?"
"Cause I thought I wanted to check up on you, but I guess you were fine since you were obviously enjoying your time with Cory."
He was taking this too far.
"He's my friend, nothing else." I pointed out, but he scoffed.
"I guess if you act like that then maybe we aren't really boyfriend and girlfriend then." Shawn mumbled, but I heard it.
"What?" I said, taking a step back.
"I'm breaking up with you. Jasmine Clayton, I hate you." Shawn hissed.
I held my gaze with him for a while, noticing his gaze was more of a glare.
My eyes began to water, and I ran out of the school. I didn't know where I would go, but I did know I wouldn't want to be anywhere with Shawn.
:::
Shawn
I just broke up with Jasmine. I saw her eyes forming tears, streaming down her cheeks. She stormed off, no longer seeing the locks of brown hair in sight. Suddenly Topanga went to me and slapped me across the cheek.
"What was that for?" I asked,confused as to why she'd slap me.
"Because her and Cory just hugged! It's not like they kissed." Topanga snapped.
"They were close Topanga! Like really close. When I saw it, I knew something was going on." I argued with her. Topanga crossed her arms.
"That's because Cory was comforting her you imbecile." She snapped.
"Well still. She can be with Cory all she wants." I said, taking a seat at the bench. She placed a seat next to me, sighing.
"Shawn I understand where you're going with this, but thing is, you shouldn't of done that." Topanga persisted.
"Why not? Oh so Jasmine can have the privilege to find someone better behind my back like other girls?"
"It's not that Shawn. Jasmine has been going through a hard time and you doing that to her doesn't help, especially since you're her boyfriend, the love of her life."
"So she doesn't want to tell me but she tells Cory and they hug?" I asked, confused.
"It's really bad Shawn. I would tell you, but I feel as if you should go find out yourself. See, Jasmine isn't like that. Cory did it innocently and only to comfort her. We both know something's wrong with her. Now it's your turn to find out." Topanga explained. I took it into realization, figuring out that something was truly wrong. I fucked up.
"I messed up," I said disappointed in myself. I laid a hand to my head, hating myself for what I've done.
"Go to her Shawn." Topanga insisted.
I nodded, doing so.
:::
Jasmine
I laid in my bed for the rest of the day, balling my eyes out. I can't believe Shawn hates me now. I knew it was a bad idea coming to Cory's house yesterday. I never should of done that.
I thought I would finally have a chance of getting out of this hell of a home life by moving in with Shawn. But now that he hates me that was impossible. I was laying down trying to forget about today. About the breakup.
I get interrupted when I heard a knock on my window. I sat up and peeked over to see Shawn at the window.
I got out of bed and decided to let him in, opening my window.
"What is it Shawn?" I asked him, trying to keep him out of my room so my dad doesn't catch him. But he got in anyway. He handed me a single red rose, and I accepted it.
"I'm sorry about earlier. Can we still be boyfriend and girlfriend?" Shawn asked me. I nodded, twirling the rose around.
"Look, it's just I heard from Topanga that something has been going on with you and it has been for years. You know, you can always tell me anything Jasmine." He insisted. I looked at him, not knowing what to say. I inhaled and exhaled out a deep breath. It was time to tell him.
"Shawn, I need to show you something." I informed him.
"What is it?" He asked. I got a hold of his hand, leading him to the bed.
"Sit down." I ordered. He does as I say, and plops down on my bed.
I get in front of him, and turned around my back facing him. I took off my nightgown slowly, and put it to the side. I was revealing him my brushes to him. I suddenly felt a finger trace over them, and I knew it was him locating them.
"Jasmine.... Who did this to you?" Shawn asked me, turning me around so I can face him. I slipped my nightgown back on, but before I could tell him, the door opened with my dad at the door. Once he saw Shawn, he was pissed.
"JASMINE." He grumbled like the towering giant he was.
"Shawn, get out of here." I hissed at him, but he didn't budge. I tried pushing him out but he still remained in my room. He needed to leave, or else my dad was going to hurt him.
"Who's this boy doing up in your room? Did you tell him?" He demanded, getting a hold of the hem of my nightgown.
"N-no Dad." I lied, but instead he pushed me against the wall.
"You're a lying bitch. I'm going to cause you so much excruciating pain that you're not going to be able to go anywhere for the rest of your life." He shouted at me. Suddenly Shawn got in front of me, pushing him away from me.
"Shawn don't-"
"You think you can hurt her? Well guess what you're not anymore. Your idea of hurting her is over. I'm going to protect her from you even if it takes skin and bone. I'm not letting you hurt her. You're going to have to get through me." Shawn threatened him, and my dad gets a hold of him by the back of his neck, pulling him to his size.
"You think you can hurt me boy?" My dad snapped at him.
"Yeah I do." Shawn said, and I tried to get a hold of him by the arm to get him out of here, but he ignored me. Shawn pulled out of his reach and my dad threw a punch at him, but luckily he dodged. He pushed my dad away from my room, throwing him out, sending him to fly downstairs. He closed my door right afterwards and went to me, grabbing a hold of my hand.
"Where are we going?" I asked him.
"My place." Shawn answered. I wrapped my arms around his neck, with my legs around his waist. He climbed out of the and down the tree
:::
Once we arrived at Shawn's trailer, he let go of me and we headed inside.
I noticed his parents weren't here, and Shawn was searching for them. When he came out by himself, it gave me the hint that they weren't home.
"Well, my parents aren't home, but when they do come here I want you to stay here from now on. I want you to live with me." Shawn insisted. I looked up at him, and just hugged him.
"Thank you Shawn." I said to him. We continued to hug for a while until Shawn pulled away.
"So tomorrow we are going to go get your stuff. We are going to have to be careful." Shawn stated.
"What am I supposed to wear in order to get them tomorrow?" I asked him.
"Well, here," Shawn insisted, getting a hold of my hand leading me to his bathroom, which was really small,"take a bath first. It'll help with your bruises and such."
He went to go get my bath ready, leaving me stand here. Once it was ready, (not to mention he had some bath salts to help sooth it) I took my nightgown off and stepped in.
"Thank you Shawn." I said, thanking him. He nodded and kissed me.
"If you need anything just call me." Shawn insisted. He stood up and headed out of the bathroom to give me privacy.
I relaxed in the bathtub for a while, enjoying the comfort coming from the bath salts. He was right, it did help my injuries from my dad especially from the bruises that swept out all across my back. I realized I was beginning to feel a little drowsy, so I decided to step out of the bathtub. I reached over to unplug the bathtub clog, and found a white towel to dry myself off.
I wrapped it around my body after I was done and stepped out, looking for Shawn.
"Shawn?" I called him, and he stepped out of his bedroom.
"Oh, you need clothes. Here." He went to his dresser and pulled out a pair of sweatpants with a random short sleeved shirt. He handed it to me and I went back in the bathroom to change into it. I found a comb and decided to run it though my mess of a hair, brushing out all the tangles.
I stepped back out again and headed to Shawn's room who was getting his bed ready. I noticed he was actually cleaning his room too. Once he was done, his eyes met with me and went up to me.
"I'll be sleeping on the couch tonight. You can take my bed if you want." He offered me.
"You sure you don't want to sleep in it? I mean you don't have to sleep on the couch." I insisted to him but he shook his head no.
"No, no. Take it." He persisted, trying to change my mind. I sighed.
"Alright. Thank you again Shawn." I went to go ahead and hug him again. I was lucky to have such a great and caring boyfriend. I never had someone to go to before when I was abused.
He tightened his hold around me, then a few minutes later we regretfully let go of each other.
"Well, we better get some sleep. I want to go there early so that way we can get it over with. Alright?" Shawn asked.
"Okay." I said. I slipped into bed and covered myself up with the maroon colored blanket, and Shawn leaned in for a kiss. I kissed him and laid down, getting in a comfortable position. Shawn turned the lights off, causing the room being completely dark with the window being the only access to light.
After he shut the door, I realized I was alone.
:::
Shawn
I was sleeping on the couch when suddenly I felt someone shake me. I opened my eyes to see Jasmine standing in front of me.
"Jas? What is it?" I asked her.
"I can't sleep." She admitted. I remembered that the trailer park noises probably woke her up.
"Oh it's just I heard these people arguing loudly from next door and the sound of broken glass like as if they were breaking bottles or something." Jasmine whispered. I was right.
"Oh, it's just the Kelley's that had a big fight as always." I reassured her, but she just got closer to me.
"Is it okay if I sleep with you?" Jasmine asked. I realized she needed some comforting.
"Sure." I said, scooting over and letting her crawl in next to me. After we positioned ourselves in a comfortable posture, she settled herself to where she's laying on her side so she could face me.
"Did your parents come home?"
"Yeah they did. They asked why I wasn't  sleeping in bed though." I responded, and she just smiled.
"Did you tell them?" She asked. I nodded in response, still a little tired.
"They agreed to having you stay here. We need to call the police though." I insisted. Jasmine just looked down.
"I know."
We laid there in silence for a while until I decided to lay on my back.
Jasmine rested her head on top of my chest, and I wrapped my arm around her waist, pulling her closer to me.
Suddenly she kissed me on the cheek, gazing into my eyes.
"Good night Shawn," she murmured, then resting her head on my chest again,"I love you."
"I love you too." I whispered back. I stroked her hair, helping her sleep. I eventually fell asleep too, after spending moments of thinking about her staying with us. I knew from the start she was going to make it a fun adventure.
❤︎