Forty-nine ➵ S. H

Complications, complications.
Everything was so complex and it didn't need to be.
Yes, I was kissing another girl; Jennifer. Jennifer was her name.
Why? It sucked not having someone to kiss everyday. Someone to cherish every moment with. Ever since Jasmine moved to New York for a year, I was bored. We barely spoke and wrote letters to each other, so that meant I had to move on.
Now she's back suddenly where she catches me kissing Jennifer with no explanation.
I've seen her around, but she avoided me.
It's like we were close as strangers.
Whatever, fine with me.
I made it back home to the trailer park where my dad was sitting on the couch, one beer in his hand. Although he was maintaining his daily duty to enjoying an episode of Sanford and Son, he still managed to ask how my first day was.
"Good." I fabled a white lie. Honestly, it sucked. Getting scolded from Topanga and Cory about what I did.
The next move was just what I didn't need.
"Shawn Patrick Hunter, I am not done scolding you. You have to apologize to Jasmine. Now." Cory bursted through the door with no knock. Wow, he actually made it across the highway?
Shocker.
"Well Shawn, you told me it was good," my dad stood up to throw his beer away,"Jasmine is back, so why do you have to apologize?"
Ignoring him, instead rather speaking to Cory.
"Cor, she's avoiding me. I can't do anything about it. I have other things to worry about anyway." I shrugged it off like I always did.
"But how about you make time to? You know you have to sometime."
"I know. It's just hard right now. Besides, Jennifer doesn't like me talking to girls that much." I stated.
"Well, wether you like it or not, you are going to have to talk to her sometime." Cory persisted, and he ran off. My dad asked what this was all about, but he didn't need to know anything.
"Don't worry about it."
That was all I said to him.
:::
My second day wasn't any better. I kept bumping into Jasmine wherever I went. Heck, when we did, she slightly pushed me out of her way. It was terrible. During passing period, I slumped against the lockers. The only good thing I considered today was the kiss I shared with Jennifer.
Seeing my grimace, Cory headed up to me.
"You're not going to like this." He began. Suddenly, walking in front of us was Jasmine holding another guy's hand. I guess she moved on. I was guessing it was the "this" he was about to ramble.
"Okay, I don't care." I shrugged.
"Shawn." He sighed. Before I knew, they pressed their lips against each other, kissing and enjoying it. Leaving, I scurried on to my next class which was with Feeny.
"Hunter? Early? My work here is done." He was getting his bag ready as a joke, but I paused him.
"No I'm just here cause I don't wanna be out in the hallway."
"Ah," he walked around, heading up to me,"I heard about you and Miss Clayton. It's a shame, you guys were enchanting together."
Word must of got out.
"Mr. Feeny, can we please not talk about this right now?"
"Well of course, but the person you need to talk to about it with is Miss Clayton." He advised me. The bell rang, so that meant I wasn't alone anymore.
A couple days ago, Jennifer was busy with a tennis match after school. So that meant no date. Cory, in that matter, arranged a date for us at Chubbie's so we could hang out.
We haven't scheduled one in a while.
When I arrived at Chubbie's, I was the first to show. Sitting here and waiting for him. What was taking so long?
Suddenly, I saw Jasmine walking down the stairs, only to come towards my booth.
"What are you doing here? I'm meeting Topanga in this booth." She instigated, not sitting in the booth. I could tell she didn't wanna talk to me as she looked away right afterwards.
"I'm meeting Cory. I was here first." I declared, causing her to cross her arms.
"Well fine, I'll go else where. I have a date here in ten minutes anyways."
Before she could leave, she turned around to come face to face with Cory and Topanga.
They set this up.
I was about to leave too, but Cory held me back and so did Topanga with Jasmine.
"Cor, what are you doing? Why did you bring us here?" I demanded him, narrowing my eyes to study him.
"You guys need to talk. You need to quit. We are all supposed to be friends. It's difficult yes, but lovers or not, you guys need to be friends. We can't have any grudges against each other here."
Topanga enforced this as if it was some sort of rule. She was restricting us from leaving, which was inappropriate.
"Topanga, let me go." I heard Jasmine insist, but it was useless.
"No, not until you makeup. We are going to be over here watching you guys. Now come on, Cory. Our table is reserved over there..." She grabbed him by the end of the shirt and like they promised, they watched us like a hawk.
I sighed, sitting back down. We were glued to this booth. We couldn't even meet with each other's eyes. It was so hard to talk to each other without bickering like we just were.
How could they expect us to makeup?
"It's all a trap." I muttered.
Jasmine must of heard me, as she gains the courage to speak. Clenching her throat with a fake cough, she broke the silence.
"Why did you kiss her?" She mumbled, glancing down at the napkin holder.
"What?" I retorted, spinning around to face her.
"Why did you kiss her?" She repeated more louder. I could tell with one look she was upset about it.
"I don't know." I shrugged.
"I don't know? What do you mean,'I don't know'?"
"Look, it sucked. It sucked not seeing you everyday. I needed someone to kiss. To hold."
Taken aback, she scooted away from me in distraught.
"So you kissed and cheated on me with another girl cause you were bored? That's not like you." She was offended.
"Well after a year of not seeing you it was hard." I responded.
"I know but why did you?"
I didn't have an answer for that.
"Shawn?" She nudged.
"I don't know. Maybe we weren't really meant to be."
Jasmine frowned, shutting her eyes for a moment.
"I guess we weren't."
We sat in silence again, only to hear her exaggerate a long sigh.
"So what do we do now?"
"Well, we never really bonded as friends before. Maybe we can just be friends. You know, this won't be a grudge or having to talk forcefully cause of Cory and Topanga." I suggested, and she was for the idea.
"Yeah. So we are friends then."
"Yeah." I couldn't help but form a sly smile.
"Well," she stood up,"friend, I gotta go. My date starts now."
"See ya... friend." Coming down the stairs was her date, which was Evan Drew.
That jackass?
It was weird ending our hang out as friends. I was so used to maximum amounts of making out kisses so I guess that was what it was. I watched as she kissed Evan, both entering the back.
❤︎

The Secret Life // A Shawn Hunter fanficजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें