Forty-seven ➵ J. C

September 3rd, 1996
One year later.
I shuffled through my bag, making sure I had everything packed. So far, all my clothes and other belongings were stored miraculously in these suitcases.
"Do you have everything ready for Philly?" My aunt interrogated me.
"Yeah, I do." I replied. Those ochre eyes of my now bigger dog, was filled with concern. We were anxious to meet with Shawn again. I knew how much he was missing his daddy.
I was originally set for leaving New York next week, but luckily for me I was able to get off school this week. So, I thought it would be a great idea to come early and surprise everyone.
My aunt had aroused up a nice house for us to live in, which happened to be on Cory's street.
It was a two story house, three story if you count the basement. There was three bedrooms: one for me, my aunt, and a guest room. There were also two bathrooms, a nice kitchen, a small, yet comfortable living room, carpeted stairs, a patio out behind, and followed by that, a bay window for my room. I thought Shawn would like through that one.
Our bus came abruptly, halting to a stop in front of us. We lifted our bags, and headed on the bus where I would wait nervously for Shawn. I couldn't wait to see everyone again.
Last time I saw him was a couple weeks before my fifteenth birthday. I didn't see anyone besides Turner.
I do admit, but I also have changed. My breasts increased in size, but not by much. Although, you could see a difference. I cut my hair to shoulder length, and had high lights in my hair.
I wondered what everyone would be thinking to my new appearance.
I pulled out the picture of Shawn and me from nearly two years ago.
He picture we took the last day I was here. I wondered what he looked like.
I pondered myself with numerous questions, like for instance: did his dad come back, was he still living with Turner, did his mom decide to come back after all this time, questions like that. Last thing he told me was Cory and Topanga were declared official. I wondered if they still were together.
"He's a cute boy for his age. Not a lot of guys are like him. You are a lucky girl, Jasmine." My aunt told me, and I formed a sly smile.
"I am." I held onto the necklace I received from him, realizing I rarely took this thing off. Over me, was his leather jacket. Every time I wore it, it made me think he was right there with me. The scent oddly didn't go away or developed a new one. It smelled like him.
It combusted a mixture between alcohol and cologne, the alcohol coming from his dad. He drank, but never abused us.
The only thing I could do was sleep. Not to mention Chip was already helping me sleep. He hopped on top of my lap, leaving me stroke his fur.
His tiredness was contagious as if it was a sickness; it spread to me, so I slept like a baby during this trip.
:::
A few hours later, we made it to Philly. My stomach was in literal knots. I was going to be seeing Shawn.
He hasn't written me back in forever. Then again I haven't had time to write up any new letters in that matter. It was hard keeping contact through that.
When we made it there, the moving van came in as well. They dropped off our furniture, hulling each item one by one. They placed it randomly in each room, but it wasn't complete til we decorated everything and settled in. This should take about a week to do so.
When I dropped my stuff off in my chosen room, I came back downstairs to ask my aunt if I could meet up with Shawn.
"Of course sweetie, be back before sunset. I wanna cook a nice dinner for our first night in our new home."
:::
The first place I went to was the Matthew's. Shawn has ought to be there. When arriving there, then first figure I saw was Mr. Feeny, who was planting some marigolds in his garden.
"Hi Mr. Feeny." I greeted, and he spun around to meet up with me. Framing his glasses into place, he stood up to meet with me.
"Miss Clayton! Hello, dear. How are you? Has it been a year already?"
"Yes it has." I chuckled, a smile spreading across his face.
"Well it's good to see you again. School is in session Monday."
"I know Mr. Feeny. I decided to come back to surprise everyone. That reminds me, I should surprise Shawn about now."
"Alright, well it's good to have you back." He said with a pleasured grin.
I knocked on the Matthew's back door, and swinging it open was Cory.
"Jasmine!" He exclaimed, astonished at my appearance.
"Hey Cor. Look at you! You have changed so much since I've last saw you. Your voice is deeper, you grew..."
Cory chuckled.
"Well, Topanga does find my change up attractive so."
I just smiled at him, happy to see him again.
"It's good to see you."
I went inside, expecting Shawn to come at any moment.
"Where's Shawn?"
"Oh, he's not here. He's at Chubbie's. As a matter of fact, what brings you in Philly so early? Don't you return next week sometime?"
"Yeah, but my aunt decided to move a week early to get situated. I wanted to come to surprise everyone also." I added in response, peering around the kitchen. Everything in the Matthew's place remained the same.
"Huh. I see. Before we go then, we have to meet up with Topanga. She's missed you so much."
"Definitely. I have til sunset, so yeah." I informed him of my curfew. However, we couldn't go since we were interrupted by more of the Matthew's.
"Jasmine!" It was Morgan followed by Eric. She came to gave me a big hug.
"Morgan! You look so different!"
"I know, that long time out made me change too." She admitted, and we pulled away. I found Eric astonished at my appearance.
"Um, well hi there." His eyes were looking at my bosoms.
"Hey Eric, keep your eyes somewhere else, okay?" I laughed.
"Are you still dating Shawn? Cause I'm single as a lone bird." He flirted with me. Hitting him on the side of the arm was Mrs. Matthews.
"Jasmine! Look at how much you've changed. I'm so happy to see you!" She welcomed me with a warm, motherly hug. She dominated as the other mother figure in my life as well.
After that was Mr. Matthews, who hugged me warmly as well.
"It's nice to see you again." He greeted me. Realizing it was time to go, Cory and I left his place to head to Topanga's, whose parents along with her were all excited to see me. Topanga the most obviously.
"I've missed you so much." She murmured, hugging me tight. She squeezed me so hard I could barely breathe.
"Topanga, I can't breathe." I joked, and she pulled away.
"I'm so happy you're here. Why are you here so early though? You know, I'm not gunna even question it. I'm just glad you're back."
"We need to head to Chubbie's though. I have got to see Shawn."
:::
When going to Chubbie's, I couldn't help but feel the nostalgia as I viewed the brick building and logo. My first date was here.
"Well, time to head in."
"Go get him, tiger." Topanga persisted, with Cory's arms wrapped around her waist. I grinned, opening the door and walking downstairs. Here I would see that brunette haired boy again.
I glanced over at the booth he usually sat at, expecting this to be a reunion. Until I came across something I didn't wanna see.
Sitting in the booth was Shawn alright.
It was Shawn making out with another girl. He was enjoying it too. I didn't see one look of despair on that guy at all. I felt heartache sweep through me, and instantly I couldn't take it. I ran back upstairs to brush passed Cory and Topanga, tears in my eyes.
"Jasmine, wait!" She called after me.
It was a mistake coming back here. I never should of came back. I should of remained in New York.
Shawn Hunter cheated on me. And there was nothing I could do about that.
❤︎