One

Emery's POV.

I was currently on the phone with my internet best friend, named Melanie. "I don't know, Mel. What if it's just a stupid crush that'll go away within a few days?" I ask. "And... what if it's not?" She said, she has a point. "Ugh! I don't want it to be more than that though. I don't want to ruin our friendship." I say frustrated. "I understand Em. But, what if he feels the same way? You'll never know, until you try" she said, and again she had a point.

"You know what? I don't know why I'm even worrying about this. I'm a boy, I like girls. I've never liked boys before, so this is obviously some weird boy crush from spending to much time with him. I'm straight, and he's my best friend, that's it." I say confidently. "But.. what if it's not "just a crush"? Emery. I know you've only dated girls, but that doesn't mean you've only liked girls." Melanie said "Mel, I've only ever liked girls. I've never thought of a boy that way, I'm not gay." I say defensively.

"Okay, I never said you were gay. You could be bisexual. Listen, I gotta go. Just give it some time, if it goes away than that's great! If not, than I suggest you do some serious digging into who you think you are." She said and hung up. I sigh, throwing my phone on my chair next to my bed. I lay back and grip my hair tightly. What if she's right? What if it's not "just a crush"? No! Stop thinking like that, you're straight.

I hear a knock on my door and a soft voice "Emery, are you okay?" It was Liam "yeah, I'm fine." I say softly. "okay, well we have an interview in 20 minutes so you better be ready." He said and I heard him walk off. I sigh and get dressed and do my hair. I walk out of my room and I see Liam and Ricky sitting on the couch waiting for me. "Finally! What took you so long?" Ricky said and I felt my stomach drop, "I-I was just doing m-my hair." I say with a small embarrassed blush.

"Uh, alright? Well, we gotta go." Ricky said and walked out the hotel door, "hey, are you sure you're okay? You've been acting weird the past few days" Liam said to me as we walked out. "Yeah, just haven't been feeling all to good. I think I'm just getting a cold is all." I say with a small smile, he looks unconvinced but leaves it alone.

Once we get to the radio station we were greeted by the host and the co-host. One was a tall man and the other was a beautiful young woman. After about 25 minutes into the interview Ricky starts to flirt with the co-host, her name was Amy. My stomach starts to churn and I can feel my heart clench, I don't know why. Am I jealous? I can't be, I just, I can't. "Hey, you okay? You look like you're about to kill that lady." Liam whispered to me, fuck, it's noticeable. I smile with grit teeth and say "yeah, I'm just peachy." Liam looks at me weirdly but brushes it off, thank god.

Ricky is still flirting and Amy is flirting back, I want to rip her head off. Woah, calm down Emery. I think to myself and try to calm down, I'm straight, I'm straight I'm straight. I keep chanting that to myself over and over, hoping that this feeling will go away.

Once the interview was over we all went to Pizza Hut for dinner. The whole way there I was silent, I was in a bitchy mood and everyone could tell. Once we got to Pizza Hut I kind of stomped in while everyone else was already sat down at a table. I sat next to Liam when I would usually sit next to Ricky. Ricky and Liam looked at me weirdly but I just ignored it. "Hi! What can I get you gentlemen to drink?" Our waitress asked, might I say that she is very beautiful. "Yeah, uh I'll have a Pepsi" I say, Liam and Ricky ordered water.

"Have you been feeling alright Em?" Ricky asked, I sigh and nod my head "yeah, I'm fine. Just a cold is all." I say with a fake smile, he just nods and looks down at the menu. "Okay what do you guys want? Pepperoni or cheese, or both?" I ask and we agreed on half and half. Once the waitress came back we gave her our order. "Okay, coming right up" she said and winked at me, I just mentally puked. "Okay, so our tour is starting really soon! Who's excited?" Our manger asked and we all smiled and started talking about the tour until the food came.

Later that night I fell asleep thinking about Ricky.