Seventeen

Ricky's POV

I get home around 11:30 to see Emery asleep on the couch. He has tear stains on his cheeks and his eyes are a little swollen. My poor baby, he probably seen the photos of Emily and I kissing, I didn't want it to happen but I had no other choice.

I feel so bad, I pick him up and carry him to our room. I lay him down softly and lay next to him, I kiss his lips softly and fall into a dreamless sleep.

The next morning

I feel a heavy weight on my chest, so I open my eyes to see Emery sleeping soundly. I kiss his forehead and run my fingers through his hair, I feel so shitty for what I've put him through.

I start to feel him wake up so I hold him closer to me. "Ricky? When did you get home?" He asked "around 11:30" I say. "Oh, um.. how was your date?" He asked softly, I frown "it was okay, it would've been better if it were you." I respond, he sighs and cuddles closer to me.

"I love you Ricky, I just.. I really hate this." He said "I know Em, so do I. But one day it'll all be worth it, I promise." I sigh and kiss his lips.

Later that day.

It was around 5:30 and Emery and I have been watching tv all day with Liam. It was a good day. I hear a knock at the door so I get up and answer it, "Emily? What're you doing here?" I ask quietly so Emery wouldn't hear. "Don't tell me you forgot? Seriously Ricky?! We're supposed to go see twenty one pilots tonight! We've had this planned for almost a month now!" She responded with a frustrated tone.

"Fuck.. I forgot! Can we cancel? I promised Emery that I'd go see a movie with him tonight." I say and step out of the door so I'm in the hallway. She sighs and shakes her head, "it's not my choice Rick.. you know that. If I had any say in this I wouldn't of even made the plans. You know how much you mean to me, you're my best friend.. I want to see you happy. I just can't cancel, it'll get us both in trouble." She said, I look down knowing she was right.

"Fine, let me get dressed and tell Emery." I say, she nods and walks down the hall. I walk in to see Emery looking at me confused and Liam already knowing what's happening. "Em, babe can I talk to you in the room please?" I ask and head to our room.

I hear him walk in and shut the door behind him. "Baby, you know I want this date night just as much as you bu-" he interrupts me by saying, "seriously?! You're canceling on me? What, another date with Emily? I can't believe this! You promise me!" He starts to cry and starts pacing around the room. "Baby, i'm sorry! I know this was important, I do. But I have to go, I don't have a choice." I say and try to calm him down.

" you know what?! I don't care! Go off with your fucking girlfriend! Because you sure as hell don't have a boyfriend anymore." He yelled and shoved me back, I stand there shocked. Is he breaking up with me?

"Emery.. baby please don't do this! I love yo-" "you love me?! Funny, if you loved me you wouldn't do this to me! Just get the hell out of here! I'm done with you. Just leave!" He yelled, his voice cracking a bit at the end.

I gather the things I need and leave, I walk down to the car and get in. "Hey... are you okay?" Emily asked, I just ignore her and kiss her lips hard. After a minute I pull away " I'm fine, let's go." And just like that, I was gone.