Twenty-Two

Ricky's POV

I get to go home today, thank god! I haven't heard from Emery since that day, it hurts. Liam tells me that he's dating a girl named Genevieve, she sounds amazing. From what I've heard about her, she's the perfect match for Emery... something I'm not.

"Ricky, it's time to go now." My mother says as she walks in the room, I sigh and get out of bed. Back to having responsibilities, oh joy! (Note the sarcasm)

"How're you feeling?" Asked mom "aside from being in terrible pain from not being loved by the love of my life? I'm fan-fucking-tastic!" I snarl. My mother just sighs and helps me into my wheelchair, "alright, here are his papers. It has all the information you'll need, if something comes up just give me a call." The doctor says handing my mom a big stack of papers, "will do, thank you."

*One month later*

We were back on the road touring, it breaks my heart every time I look at him. I can't even say his name without wanting to cry; it's been two months since we broke up, and it still hurts like it happened yesterday.

"Ricky, Emery we need you for your photo op" our manager said, I feel my stomach drop. I can't fucking do that! I can barley stand next to him! How am I supposed to have a photo shoot where we're best friends? He hates me.

We walk into a big room with a white backdrop, a camera and a camera man. "Alright boys, I need you two stand in the middle of the floor. Good, now Ricky put your arm around Emery's neck, Emery put yours around his. God, you guys look like your in pain." "It's not that hard, just try to not look uncomfortable" the photographer says as he snaps some photos.

That was the hardest thing I've ever had to do! Sitting there holding him in my arms, knowing he'd much rather be with Genn. I missed the feeling of his arms wrapped around me, I miss the taste of his lips, the smell of his hair when we cuddled. I miss how he would practically beg me to run my fingers through it, how he would give me sweet kisses along my face and neck. I miss our midnight cooking sessions, I miss having our horror movie marathons.

I miss everything that was our relationship, I just can't wrap my head around it, everything that was said and done, all of the amazing times... it was all fake. I just for some reason don't buy it, how could all it be fake?

"Ricky? Hey, we're leaving now" Liam says as he shakes me out of my daze. I blink a couple of times, "yeah, okay" I say and head to the van. I've been doing that a lot lately, zoning out. It's becoming a problem, for me and the band.

Once we get back to the hotel I go straight to my room, I plop down onto my bed face first. I let out a big sigh as I wrap myself in my blankets, finally comfortable. "Ricky? It's Liam. I need you to come into my room." He says, I let out a loud groan and get out of bed.

I slowly walk into his room only to have the door slam behind me, and get locked from the outside. "What the hell? Let me out you prick!" I yell "don't bother, he's not going to let us out." Emery says and my blood runs cold.

"I'm not letting either of you out until you kiss and make up!" Liam yells from the other side of the door, which in return makes me kick the door. "I'm sorry" Emery says as he takes a step towards me, "for what? Breaking my heart? Shattering my soul? Destroying my life? My trust? My ability to love? Tell me, what on this god forsaken earth are you sorry for?!" I yell as I punch his chest.

"I'm sorry for the way I said things, I didn't mean to hurt you like that Ricky. I just needed you to see that it was over, the only way I could do that was tell you the truth." He said, I huff " you didn't mean to hurt me?! I don't buy that for a goddamn second! You meant to hurt me, just so you could get your point across. Well trust me, you did; loud and clear!" I scream at him as I punch his chest more, he just sits there and takes it.

"I'm truly sorry Ricky, I just want you to believe me. Although I didn't love you in the way you love me, I still love you as a friend and brother." He said and that's when I had enough, I punched him straight in the jaw. Again in the mouth and once more in his nose. By then he was on the floor, I kick him in the side and he was yelling and begging me to stop.

Emery's POV

I deserve this, for lying to him. For breaking his heart, for hurting him, how could I do this to the person I want to be with most in the world? He's the love of my life and I'm breaking everything he is.