Thirty- Five

Ricky's POV

As I'm walking back to Emery's room a bunch of nurses and doctor green rush by me, going down the hall. My blood runs cold realizing that they're going to Emery's room.

I run to the room to see them placing the defibrillator pads on his chest, "clear!" Doctor Green yells, everyone takes their hands off him and the doc shocks him, making his back arch up and fall back down again. I feel the tears start rushing down my face as they do it once more and then again and again. "There's not pulse, no nothing!" One of the nurses yell.

"Emery! Emery come back to me baby! Please don't go!" I yell as I try to enter the room, my screams and sobs echoing throughout the hallway "get him out of here now!" Doctor Green yells, and one of the nurses pushes me out the door.

"Is he okay?!" Emery's mom asks as doctor Green steps out of the room, "we were able to get his heart beating again, his vitals aren't good, he's in a lot of pain. He doesn't have much longer, you have until tomorrow morning to make a decision on if you want to pull the plug or not." Mr Green said. Emery's mom breaks down into sobs and I just stand there, holding her while her husband lashes out in anger.

"Can I see him?" I ask weakly, the doctor nods and I rush to Emery's room. I look at his pale fragile body, laying on the bed, needles and tubes sticking out of him from all sorts of places.

"It's... it's okay now baby... it's okay to let go. I-I know you're in pain, but it's okay, we'll be okay. You can let go now, you don't have to hold on anymore." I say as sobs rack through my body with every word that slips between my lips.

I feel a hand grip my shoulder tightly, I look back to see Emery's mom, with tears running down her face. "He'll be okay, He won't be in pain anymore." She says, as she plants a kiss to Emery's forehead.

I woke up to hear people whispering, of course I didn't let them know I was awake yet. "We should wake him, he deserves to be apart of this decision as much as we do" Mrs Kelly says quietly. I feel a soft shake on my shoulder, so I slowly open my eyes and see Liam.

"What's going on?" I ask groggily "we've made a decision" Mrs Kelly said, tears rushing down her face and my heart sank. "Oh..." was all I could say, I look over to my right to see my sleeping love, he looks so beautiful. "Okay then.." I whisper and stand up "okay, have you made your choice?" Mr Green asks.

We all nod "yes, we're going to pull the plug." Emery's mom says as she clings to her husband. "Okay, well first we're going to unplug all the machines, then we'll take out the tubes, helping him breathe." Mr Green explains and with every word my body gets weaker and weaker until I'm a sobbing mess on Emery's bed, holding onto him for dear life.

"It's time" The doctor says after he had give the family an hour to say goodbye, I sigh and let go of him and move out of the way. I watch them as they turn off machine after machine, and take out the tube, that's helping him breathe.

"It shouldn't take too long, he's not in any pain anymore" the doctor said as he leaves the room leaving us to say our final goodbyes.

"We'll leave you two alone" Mrs Kelly says after they said goodbye, I sigh and sit on the bed; taking his hand in mine, "I love you to much baby." I whisper into his ear, I slowly lean in and kiss his lips; it was soft, sweet, short, and filled with love. I pull away and wipe away some tears, "goodbye my love"

I get up to leave and just as I'm about to open the door, I hear something. I look back to see Emery, his eyes wide open breathing heavily.

"Wha-what happened?" "Somebody call the doctor!"