Eight

Emery's POV

I keep thinking about the conversation that just took place a couple of hours ago, maybe this is for the best. We're best friends that's all we're ever going to be, it's time for me to move on.

I honestly don't know what I was thinking, crushing on my best friend and band member. Although I'm still very upset I have found a way to make myself feel a little better, writing songs. I'm in the middling of writing one called "I love you, I hate you" (just pretend he wrote it for the sake of the story.)

It's not for the album or for anyone to hear, just for me. Maybe Liam or Melanie, but the song perfectly describes the way I feel about him. But, it's a duet and I don't have anyone to sing it with. Maybe Mel will sing with me, she has a pretty good voice.

I call her and she answers immediately, " hey, what's up?" She asks "I need a favor".

An hour later we were in the recording studio recording the song.

"That was great! That's such a great song Em." She said with a soft smile, I smile back and thank her. After we're done we go out to eat, on our way out of the restaurant a few fans come up to us. "Hi Emery, do you mind if we get some photos?" One of the girls asked.

I smile and say yes, after we take our photos one girl named Bailey started talking to me. She's absolutely stunning, she has dark brown eyes, dimples and short black hair.

I think I just fell in love a little, after talking to her for awhile I got her number and Mel and I headed off.

Once we got back to our hotel we hear music playing, it was the song we just recorded.. Shit. We walk into the small living room that was here and we see our manager, Ricky, our producer and Liam. They all look at us and smile, "this is great you guys! James came over to show us the new song you wrote and it's amazing!" Our manager said, Liam had the biggest smile on his face and Ricky kind of just stared at me. I think he knows it's about him.

This day is just freaking great!