Thirty- One

Liam's POV (shocker I know)

For the first time in a year everything is okay, there's no fighting like before, if there is fighting it's over stupid things like what movie we want to watch. Everything has been really good, but it's been too good, I don't know; I'm just waiting for something bad to happen, it always does.

Ricky, Emery and I were heading back to New York; we're going to visit some family. We are in the van right now, heading to Emery's house. As we pull up to a red light, someone crashes into the back of the van sending us into the middle of the intersection, right in the middle of oncoming traffic.

Dave tries to back up but a big semi stops us, crashing into the drivers back side, where I am; but it misses me slightly and hit just a little behind my door, sending us spinning. Ricky is next to me then Emery, it's quiet for a moment before another big truck slams into Emery's side causing the van to flip and crash into one of the buildings near by.

The second the van comes in contact with the building everything goes black and I can no longer feel a thing.

Ricky's POV

I wake up in pain, and soaking wet. I open my eyes only to be blinded by bright lights, once my eyes adjust I see we're in the van and it's upside down. I look down to see I'm covered in blood, some mine some not, I look to my left to see Liam, his head tilted back passed out, blood running down his face.

I look to my right to see Emery, his head half way through the fucking window, that's when I realize I'm on the roof of the car, I didn't have my seatbelt on. I see Emery covered in blood, the sight is making me sick.

"Boys.. ar-are you okay?" Dave coughs looking back as much as he could, "I -I don't.. I don't know" I say panicked sitting up. "Calm down Ricky, everything is going to be okay" Dave says, just then I hear sirens from cops and ambulances.

"Emery.. wa-wake up baby.." I whisper in his ear, slowly pulling him from the window. I pull his face between my hands and try waking him up "Emery! Wake up!" I say louder, I put my ear to his mouth to see if he's breathing, I can't hear anything so I check his pulse. I feel one, it's weak very weak but it's there.

I turn my attention to Liam to do the same to him, after I check his pulse I shake him slightly. "Li... wake up" I say gently, I hear him groan and slowly open his eyes. "Are you okay? How's Emery?" He asks suddenly becoming alert and focused.

"I'm fine... Emery, he's... he's barley breathing but he's alive." I say and Liam immediately unbuckling himself falling to the roof, "ow fuck!" He says as he realizes that we're flipped, he pushes past me and slowly unbuckled Emery.

He gently lays him down on the roof and holds him in his arms "I... please be okay.." he whimpers as tears rush down his face. I don't know why I'm not crying or panicking... I just I can't feel anything right now.

I can hear the cops and ambulances arrive and step out of their vehicles, "is everyone okay in there?!" I hear someone yell as they approach the van. "Y-yeah!" Dave yells, his voice cracking.

They finally are able to pull us free from the car, they pull us onto gurneys and rush us to the ambulances, I suddenly hear them yelling and somewhat panicking from where Emery is. "Wh-What's going on? Is he okay?" I ask as they bring out some tools and things. "He's crashing!" I hear a paramedic yell and my stomach drops.

I can't lose him, I just got him back.