Chapter 1 - Will Call Her Saber

A baby cry filled the woods as horse hooves crushed the leaves underneath them, as they walked near the sound.

A man who was sitting on a black horse with red eyes, main and tail stopped his stallion and asked the older looking version of himself, "Father what is that sound?". The father also stopped his pure white stallion closed his eyes listening to the sound, "Its a crying baby Eloy" he answered as he looked at his son. A woman stopped her grey mare with black eyes, main and tale and asked, "Lazarus my love why would a baby be out here on our territory?". Lazarus did not reply but instead went over to the sound of the crying baby.

They all followed the sound and found a baby rapped in rags crying over the lack of food. The woman hurriedly got of her grey mare and ran to the baby picking it up as it cried for its mother and milk. Lazarus got off his white stallion and walked over to his wife, "Dawn can you smell its sent? Its not a vampire like us my beloved".

Dawn looked at the baby and smiled as it stopped crying looking in her red eyes, "Lazarus look at her, Eloy please come look at her she so cute and yes I do know shes not one of us but i believe she's cute". Eloy looked at the baby his mother had in her arms and commented "its a werecat mother, and by the smell of it she's a Saber Tooth Tiger", before she could respond the baby transformed into a werecat cub jumping from her arms.

Lazarus looked at his wife and saw the love she held in them, he signed and walked over to the baby Saber Tooth Tiger and keeled down. He tried to hide the smile when he saw the baby come up to him, but the cub was easily distracted by its tail and started playing with it. Eloy smiled at the cub it was so cute to him and wanted it to be around, it was so adorable and cute playing with its tail and shadow.

Eloy smiled at his father who picked the cub up and started stroking it making it purr in delight, settling it down in his big protective arms. Dawn was giggling and went back on her mare and waited for her husband to make his decision, but she already knew what he was going to say next.

Lazarus tried not to get attached to the little cub so he could drink its blood, however looking down and the little cub sleeping in his arms purring away he couldn't. He looked at his wife and then his son and spoke, "OK we will take this cub back with us and care for it" he went back on his white stallion without disturbing the little sleeping kitten.

When they got back home the where greeted by the human nanny Molly who was babysitting there young daughter Sliver who was playing with her toys. Dawn went up to Molly who bowed her head in respect, "thank you for looking after Sliver for us Molly. You may go now" Dawn smiled. Molly stood up and replied "It was my pleasure my Queen please feel free to call on me anytime you need me" and with that she left.

Silver looked at her dad who sat down on his char which was this thrown and asked him, "daddy whats that in your arms?". Before he could speak his son Eloy bet him too it, "its a Saber Tooth Tiger which is a werecat Sliver and father said we are going to look after it". Sliver jumped up and down clapping her hand and giggled, "what are we going to call her?". Dawn looked at her husband who was looking down at the cub and asked, "what about Saber?" Lazarus looked at his wife and smiled at her nodding his head, "yes will call her Saber".