Prologue

- Seven Years Ago -

"No, Chris you should not tell mom or anyone for that matter. You know what could happen if you do!"

I tried to convince him that telling anyone but me could be bad.  I was an exception because well I was like him, well other than being his older sister anyways. I had special abilities just like him just not the same ability. The only bad thing is that people go crazy for wolves with powers , I've heard that people kidnap the pups that have powers away from their family to use their power for their own reasons, this only happens if your a girl. Being a boy with powers is worse, way worse.

"I've gotta tell them, they will finally pay attention to me for once."  Being the eleven year old I am really had no other means of convincing him, because our parents payed no attention to us since we were able to take care of ourselves, in my eyes they were monsters and I was leaving the first chance I get with Chris of course. I lowered my head since I had no other excuse for him to not tell. Maybe I was over thinking this. Maybe my parents will actually start to notice us and won't use his powers for their own use. I followed Chris to my parents study. They were always in there, doing what? I don't know, they don't tell us anything. I observed Chris once we were in front the the door that lead to the study. He seemed nervous and jumpy, his strawberry blonde hair was messed up and his hazel eyes where contained with fear, hope, and something else I can't seem to figure out.

"We can still back out if you want to, I know I do." I told him reassuringly, but he shook his head and knocked on the door.

"Yes" An annoyed female voice said. My mother.

"Can I come in?" He asked shakily. I heard shuffling in the back and once it stopped we got permission to enter. Chris just stood there, he was surprised that we had gotten this far. So I slowly opened the door for him and he waltzed right in, each step leaking with confidence. I wonder where he got that from so quickly.

"What do you want boy?" My dad says impatiently. Once they start talking I take this chance to look around the study, since this is my first time in here. Without moving from my spot from beside Chris I am taking everything in. I stop when I see something that they tried to hide, but failed. I started to panic I couldn't let Chris tell him about his powers, because they were Searchers. Searchers are people who find other wolves who have abilities for their lives, and they get paid to bring anyone they find to their boss.

"Well what is it you wanna tell us then?" My mom said already bored of the conversation.

"Well, I ha-" That's all I let him say before covering his mouth. He looks at me confused.

'They are Searchers Chris, you can't. ' I tell him through Mind-link. My dad seems a bit interested in what is going on now that I made a scene.

"Well now you got me interested, so please let Chris speak." My mom pipes in. I look to my brother on more time and shake my head no and remove my hand from his  mouth.

"Well, um, uh, I " Chris stutters and I let of the breath that I didn't know I had. Both my parents look at him suspiciously.

"Hey, can we speak to Chris alone, go and, um, play with your toys or something." My dad says never breaking eye contact from Chris. I shake my head. I will not leave my brother alone with these monsters.

"Go!" My dad yells, making me jump in my place beside Chris, reluctantly I leave the room.

"Close the door while you're at it." My mom snaps. I close the door and lean against the door trying to hear what Chris is saying but I only get muffled voices. I huff with annoyance and just sit down.