Chapter 4

As we make our journey to the factory, I decide to stay back as much as the binding spell would allow me to anyways. I watch as Jax's wolf seems to be so alert and cautious. My wolf can't seem to stop purring every time he looks back at me. While watching Jax, I don't realize that I have stopped walking. I shake my head knowing full well how distracted I am.

Get a hold of yourself, your so pathetic!  

All of a sudden, the wolves leading the rest of us has stopped. I notice the wolves looking around confused and worried. I watch as Jax sniffs the air, so I decide to sniff the air as well. The minute I catch the scent I decide to shift back, I throw my clothes on as fast as I can. I notice Jax and the rest of the wolves do the same. Next thing I know, I'm being shoved up against a tree with my arms pinned up against my back. It takes every cell in my body to not make a sound to the pain.

"Do you smell that?" Jax whispers to me angrily.

"Wolfs-bane." As I said that, he puts more pressure causing me to let out a small groan.

"They knew we were coming!" His other hand grabs a chunk of my hair and pulls my head closer to his face.

"You sold us out? After I put all of my trust in you?" I can practically hear the venom dripping out of every word he says.

"Think about this Jax, I've been with you for the past few days, trapped in a spell that prevents me from going to far from you and having no possible way of using my mind-link. I had no idea we were even leaving the territory until a few hours ago. So please explain to me how the hell was I able to have time to sell you out or contact anyone." He looks right at me, thinking about my words until something clicks in his head.

"So what your saying, is that there is a traitor in my pack?" I give him a look that answers his own question. His hold on me loosens just enough for me to get away from the tree by just an inch. 

"No, not possible." He states, completely disregarding any possibility of there being a rouge. While he rambles on about there being no way that anyone from his pack being a traitor, I notice movement a few yards away.

"Jax." I say as low as I can.

"Julie, there's no way I have a traitor in my pack, just no way." He says completely ignoring me.

"Jax, shut up for a second and listen to me." I snap at him. Shocked, he shuts up waiting for me to speak.

"Look to the right of me a few yards back, there's rouges watching us." I say in a low voice. He looks in the direction I was explaining to him. His whole demeanor stiffens and his grip gets tighter on me. His head whips in all directions.

"We are surrounded." I whimper from the pain.

"Yep." He turns me around and pins me up against the tree so fast I got all dizzy.

"We're surrounded and I trusted you. Big fucking mistake." He whisper-yells at me.

"Wait Jax." He doesn't listen to me at all, he just keeps rambling. I roll my eyes at him.

"Jax, I've got a plan, but you have got to follow my lead and trust me." He scoffs.

"Do you have any type of plan, if you do then, please tell us, we would love to hear it." I say challenging him. He glares back at me and releases his hold on me, reluctantly. I give him a small nod, signalling that I'm getting straight into my plan.

"Wait so this is why you brought all of us here? To attack a rouge hideout? Your going to get all of killed!" I scream at him pushing him away from me and making a run for it, well as far as I can go with the 100 feet limit. I scale up a tree and watch the scene that goes down. I watch as the rouges come out of hiding and Jax's wolves get ready for a fight. Jax's whole posture slacks and I can see the tiny chuckle he lets out, only for me.