Chapter 31

The drive to the first pack is extremely long and a bit awkward. After I had confessed to Jax about being sick, or used to be sick I guess, he hasn't really talked. I look out to read the sign.

'20 miles until Chapel City'

Just perfect, the first pack is close to where I have to get that bone. I listen to Jennifer and Zane talk about how much fun this is going to be, like going on a road trip is any fun, who wants to be cramped up in a car with three other people for days. I roll my eyes and look out the window trying to figure out what Jax is thinking, because his silence is killing me.

'Hey, you okay?' I mind-link Jax.

'Uh, yea, just thinking about stuff, that's all.' Why does it feel like he is lying to me?

'Liar.' I point out. I notice Jax glance at me quickly. But averts his eyes back on the road.

'So am not! I'm am just thinking about the rouge situation.' He changes the subject. I look at him and huff while rolling my eyes and leaning back in my seat.

"Want to involve us this conversation you two are having?" Zane says getting interested. I mutter a no, crossing my arms over my chest.

"What's wrong with her." He asks Jax. Jax looks over to me then back on the road and just shrugs. Who does he think he is? Why can't he just answer a simple question? I literally poured out my heart, technically and all he has to say is that he is focused on the rouge situation.

"So what pack are we going to first?" Jennifer asks trying to change the subject, thank god.

"It's a smaller pack, it belongs to Alpha Oliver." By the mention of that alpha, I turn my head to Jax.

"What did you say?" I ask too quickly. He looks at me confused.

"The pack belongs to Alpha Oliver....why do you know him?" He asks getting a little suspicious. I search his face to see a hint of jealousy? I smirk at him.

"Is someone jealous?" He looks at me then back at the road, obviously getting uncomfortable with this question.

"Jealous, me? No I don't get jealous, besides I know that he already has a mate, and that you are my mate. But do you know him?' He asks. I change the smirk into a small smile thinking of Mia, the one person who was nice to me, but I also remember that they had Searchers in their pack.

"Well yea I met Oliver and Mia once before I met you." I admit, trying to stay calm. I may not be afraid of my parents but Searchers are serious hunters. Knowing my parents, they probably told everyone they know that I have powers. If Searchers get a hold of me, then I'm doomed, and I can't let that happen.

"You okay?" Jax says noticing me spacing out. I look to him, giving him the best fake smile I can and nod. After another hour, we finally reach Alpha Oliver's pack. I jump out of the car, stretching my legs thankful to finally be out of the car. I scan the area, trying to see if I can spot that Searcher that I met from before, but can't seem to find him. I feel an arm wrap around my waist and smile knowing full well it's Jax.

"You ready?" Jax whispers in my ear. I nod and let him drag me to the front doors of the pack house. I stay on alert while walking, knowing that someone could be watching me. We walk into the pack house and I see Oliver walk up with a smile on his face.

"Alpha Jax, I am so glad you came. It's been too long." He says, his smile drops when he notices me beside Jax.

"What is this rouge doing here?" He snarls at me. I feel Jax tense up beside me, I look at him signaling that its alright, he calms down a little bit but not entirely.