Chapter 12

"I was so scared when I saw him holding you by the neck! I wish I could have done something, I feel useless." Jennifer says shamefully. After Jax and I talked, and all my bruises were fully healed, he let me come check on Jennifer. I felt better seeing her safe and okay. But something seems to be different about her.

"Are you okay?" I ask he curious about what was up with her. She looks at me confused. She plays with her hair trying to hold back a smile, thinking of an answer for me.

"You found your mate didn't you?" I blurt out, its the only thing I could think of. She shoots her head up so fast, her eyes wide with shock.

"How'd you know, did, uh the alpha tell you?" She asks curious, I just give her a smile.

"It just radiates off of you." She gives the biggest smile. 

"Who is it?" The mystery was starting to get to me.

"It's Zane." She bursts out too excited to keep in. My mouth drops at the mention of his name. I just try to hold in my laugh.

"Your mate is that idiot?" She gives me a look and I wave her off.

"I'm sorry, it's just surprising. But I'm so happy for you." I reassure her, she smiles again.

"So what's happening? Have you guys talked about everything?" She shrugs, still smiling.

"Yea kind of, it's still so new. It's so weird my emotions are very heightened right now, and all I could think about is him." She huffs out.

"Yea that's normal, you'll get used to it after a while. Everything will work out, you deserve this so be happy and excited, don't care about what others think okay?" She nods smiling to herself playing with her hair. 

"Oh, so what happened with Jax?" She changes the subject. My mood starts to deflate. I get off the bed and walk around to gather my thoughts.

"Well he knows practically everything." I admit to her. She gasps from surprise.

"He knows about your parents? Does he know about Chris too?" I nod. She sits in silence while I'm walking around just stressed about that entire conversation.

"He also knows about the other thing." I hint to her, there's always people listening, I have to be careful around here.

"You weren't kidding when you said he knows practically everything. How'd he take it?" I breath, remembering our conversation from earlier.

"Honestly, better than I thought. He's still pissed but he's getting over it, especially after I explained to him why I did what I did. I just feel so vulnerable knowing that someone other than the two of us knows pretty much everything about me. I want to trust him I do, but part of me is still scared that he'll switch up on me." I collapse on the couch, upset about how everything went down.

"Does he know-" She's cut off by a knock on the door. I turn to the main door, I look back at Jennifer and shrugs, not knowing who that could be. I walk up to the door and open it to see Zane standing right in front of me. I can see him fidget and look everywhere but at me.

"Was there something you wanted?" I ask, already knowing exactly why he's here. I smirk at the sight, he looks behind me straight to Jennifer. I swear I see him blushing. I hold in my laugh and clear my throat. He looks back at me, like he forgot I was here.

"Oh, I, uh, wanted to talk to Jennifer." He stutters out. I look back to Jennifer, she gives me a nod way too fast. I chuckle at their excitement.

"In here?" I point towards the room. He nods.

"Alpha's orders still remain, she can't leave the room." He explains, I nod in understanding, well where am I supposed to go?

"Oh, well I guess I'll grab my stuff and head to the shower then and leave you two be." I go to grab my things while Zane slowly walks in, heading towards Jennifer.