Chapter 9

Slowly I start to open my eyes, flinching because of the slight pain in my back. I turn starting to stretch when all of a sudden, my hand smacks something hard.

"The fuck?" I hear a raspy voice. I jump up in a seated position when I finally realize where I'm at. I turn towards the voice to see Jax sitting on the floor rubbing his head. I hold in a laugh when he gathers himself and turns to face me.

"You should really be careful swinging those around." He says motioning to my hands. I chuckle involuntarily. He shoots me a glare daring me to laugh again, I stop immediately.

"I'm sorry, are you okay?" He gets up and stretches, I look down to notice his shirt ride up giving me access to what's underneath. 

I want more of that.

I scoff at my wolf but she doesn't seem to care at all. In all honestly I would not mind seeing everything under his shirt.

"Like what you see." He smirks at me, I look at him and scoff. I get up off the couch, heading towards my room to check up on Jennifer.

"Wait, before you go. I need your help arranging everything for your, uhh, friend." He seems a bit uncomfortable mentioning her. I turn towards him and give him a slight smile.

"Thank you for trusting me on this and letting her stay here." I say sincerely. I walk back up to him.

"As of right now, it's just temporary, if my pack can't trust her then I won't be able to keep her for long." I nod, letting him know I understand.

"She'll stay with me, and I'll share my clothes with her so you don't have to give anything belonging to your pack." I compromise with him, hoping he knows I'm not trying to take advantage of his forced hospitality. He looks a bit hesitant but then nods in agreement. He turns to his desk, ready to sit down and do more pack paperwork. Before he leaves my reach, I go to grab his hand causing him to stop and face me. I try to ignore the sparks in my hand that's connected to his.

"Thank you, this means the world to me, she means the world to me." I keep eye contact with him for a few seconds. Without thinking, I pull him towards me and wrap my arms around him. 

"Oof." Surprised by my action he slowly relaxes and wraps his arms around me. In this very moment, I feel safe and warm in his arms, part of me wishes I could stay here forever. 

"I should go and uhh, check up on her." I pull away from him a little embarrassed, he mumbles a yeah and turns towards his desk while I make my way back to my room. I walk back into the dark room, I look towards the bed to see Jennifer snuggled up in the blankets. I look at the clock instantly groaning at the fact that it is seven in the morning. I noticed a shimmer of light towards the other side of the room, the balcony. I walk towards the curtains and swing them open to let some light in and open the sliding door and let the warm breeze hit me and the heat from the morning sun is exactly what I need. I look around and notice a small couch and decide to sit down, taking in the peaceful morning, looking out towards the woods. 

"Hey." A soft voice wakes me up from the beauty of the view. I look to see Jennifer half awake and a little disheveled, her hair is messy and her eyes are squinty because of the sun.

"Hi." I give her a smile, I pat the couch spot next to me, signaling her to come sit with me. I notice that she doesn't have blood or dirt on her.

"I see you got to clean up." I state, she nods slightly.

"Yea, while you were asleep on his couch, uh, he opened the door and said I could go clean up in the bathroom so the guards escorted me there and I got to shower. Man, the hot water here is insane I was almost ready to sleep in the shower." She laughs lightly at her comment.