Chapter 32

"After I refused to cooperate he told me that he would change my mind. I saw that as an empty threat, until we crashed on the road."

"That was him?" He eyes me. I nod.

"So knowing that he had the power to hurt you. I had no choice. And I wanted to tell you, believe me I did. But every time I wanted to, his threat kept playing in my head. So I did what I thought was best." I watched him carefully after I finished explaining to him. He had his fists clenched and he looked deep in thought.

"Do you know why he wanted to meet your parents?" He asks.

"At first no. But after finding out about the new rouge threat and attacks, I started connecting the dots."

"And?" He signals me to keep talking.

"I have a theory, that he wanted to get my parents on board with his plan, because when it comes to rouges, they respect my parents so with him having every rouge on board with his plan he would need to become partners with my parents. So he had me figure out how to get a meeting with him and my parents." Jax nods taking in everything I said.

"So if you didn't help him, then he wouldn't be allies with your parents?" I think about what he said and I nod.

"I suppose so yea." He nods to himself. I can't tell how he is feeling because he blocked me. So I'm completely in the dark about him at the moment.

"Who is he?" I look at him confused.

"Who is the man who is in control of your soul?" He snaps at me, making me jump.

"His name is Daniel, Daniel Chef."

"Do you know him?"

"Yea I knew him." I respond.

"Knew?" He looks at me curiously.

"We were friends when I lived with my parents. He was human, I knew that for sure."

"Were friends?" I nod.

"Yea, until he died." I reply, not showing any emotion.

"What do you mean died? He seems to be quite alive, if I say so myself."

"Well I thought he was dead, I knew he was dead because he died in my arms. Because I got him killed." I explain to him. I watch his reaction, what I was expecting was him being suspicious and cautious. But he was taken back and surprised by my statement.

"But he somehow came back alive. I don't know how exactly but I do know that he must be having help, because that's the only explanation I can come up with."

"Okay, so he isn't human." Jax mumbles to himself. I look at him.

"I was sure he was, he smelt human." I assure him. He shakes his head.

"Not if he was masking his scent. Like Jennifer." He explains to me. I think about his words and it makes sense, but he would have to have a powerful witch with him, because a masking potion is big stuff.

"So what is he?" I ask myself. Then something dawns on me. I curse loud enough for for Jax to look at me.

"What's wrong."

"Jax I need to know right now. Complete honesty. I know I probably don't deserve it but. I may have a way to fix this. But I need to know that you trust me or at least willing to try and trust me, because I am willing to tell you anything and do anything for you, but I can't do this if you don't trust me." I rant to him. He looks at me surprised, but goes in deep thought about what I just said.

"Well it does seem like you were being forced to comply and you have done so much for me and my pack. So if I am going to put in my full trust, you need to promise me one thing." I nod for him to continue, he grabs my hands in his and brings me closer to him, I chose to ignore the closeness between us, and the electricity with every touch. I focus completely on him, and his words only.