Chapter 28

After hours upon hours of running, resting, eating, and sleeping we have finally made it to Arcusa. Where we plan to meet up with Alpha Tyler so we can get on with the next part of our trip. The closer we get to the research center, the more determined I am to wanting this to be all over so I can finally stop with all the fighting and death and start living my life. I pant as I watch my paws taking slow steps in front of each other. My wolf stops and sits down as she watches Jax. Letting my wolf take full control in my wolf form, liking the feeling of giving her control as I sit back and watch is relaxing. Jax's wolf makes his way over, the black of his fur shinning in the sun as his panting comes to a slow pace as he looks around. His wolf gently rubbing his head against mine. His touch alone makes my wolf purr in pleasure, encouraging him to continue. 

"He's here." I hear Cade say as he walks out from behind a tree, fully clothed. By his words, I take back control and start to shift back once I'm behind a bush. As I shift back, I feel my bones shift back to human form, my sight returning to normal. The breeze making me chilly, I look around for my bag only to realize that I didn't bring it back with me. I curse myself for forgetting the bag with my clothes. I peak my head out to see Jax already fully dressed, laughing at my own idiocy, I stand up straight, my arms covering my chest from the guys.

"Hey, um would you mind bringing me my pack?" Ignoring the red tint of embarrassment that's definitely covering my face. Both heads spin in my direction as I speak, my eyes glued on Jax. 

"Probably best you keep this with you at all times." Jax coughs out, probably trying to not looked flushed but failing miserably. I grab my pack from him and quickly put on some clothes.

"Luckily it was just the three of us. Imagine forgetting your pack when we have a more regulated travel." Cade laughs taking a bite of an apple he had found from a nearby tree.

"Regulated travel?" I ask, zipping up my pack and throwing it over my shoulders, walking out from behind the bush.

"When a pack wants to travel, the pack has to approve travel, especially when the alpha needs to leave the pack temporarily. There's a lot of paperwork and a certain amount of wolves that need to accompany the alpha." I make an 'O' shape with my mouth showing him I understand.

"This," Cade gestures to our small group,"This is technically against the rules, but since Jax is the alpha, we won't exactly get into any trouble." He explains as he takes the last bite of his apple and throwing away the core and moving closer to Jax.

"He should be walking up any minute now." Cade informs Jax.

"Your talking about alpha Tyler right?" They nod, confirming my question.

"And you're entirely sure we can trust him?" Both eyes land on me, for some reason my nerves rise as they wait for my reasoning.

"I'm just asking because of Aaron." I justify my suspicions. By the mention of his name, the atmosphere gets a bit tense.

"I've known him since I was a little pup. He originally was from my pack but when he found out about his lineage, he knew he couldn't stay in my pack, so he left and found somewhere where he was needed." I was about to ask what he meant about 'his lineage' but I couldn't when there was a new voice coming from behind us.

"We've been best friends for as long as I can remember. We've always had each others backs and I don't plan on turning my back on family." The voice comes out behind us, his voice calm and inviting. The second he finishes talking, Jax is already making his way to Tyler for a very informal alpha greeting.

"I can't thank you enough for helping us." Jax praises getting in a fist bump hand shake thing. I watch as they finish the small talk. Jax's whole energy seems to change when it comes to Tyler, he's happier and more comfortable with him than I've seen with Zane or Cade, I've never seen him like this, not even with me. His laughter and smiles or bigger and more genuine when he's with Tyler. I wonder if I'll ever make him feel this comfortable and relaxed when it's just the two of us.