Merry Me?

-Maya-

I'm 25 now and my baby Riley is 24. It's December 20th and I can tell someone's super excited to be home for the holidays. That's right we are having Christmas with the Matthews! I know she missed her family because we are so busy all the time and we never have time to visit. Don't get me wrong I love the Matthews it's just, they said her uncle Shawn was going to be there. Last time I saw him he was rude to Riley. All he said was Hey kids and walked off, I can't believe that he would do that to someone as sweet as Riley!

I moved away from Riley before straddling her, "Sweetie wake up." I said softly poking her face, "Noooooooo..... I don't wanna Maya." I shrugged, "Guess I'll just have to do this I tickled her sides and she began to scream, "M-MAYA!!! STOP P-PLEASE!!! Y-You know h-how Ticklish I am!" I sighed, "Oh I know Princess. but get up we gotta get to the breakfast reservations I made by your parents apartment." Her eyes lit up, "Really?! Maya I love you so much you didn't have to!" She hugged me tight, "I know but I love you more so I did." She gave me a peck and tried to get up before she realized I was actually laying on top of her. I blushed, "I'm sorry Ill move." She smirked at me as I got off "Don't be sorry. Now let's go home for the holidays." She kissed my nose and went into her closet to change and get her stuff, I grabbed my stuff from the end of the bed and went downstairs to wait. After a couple minutes she walked down. She looked beautiful, she had a sweet red dress on with black leggings, and a white and gold jacket vest that looked just perfect for her. Im sure I was drooling, "Mouth shut sweetie you might catch flies, and I don't want to kiss someone with fly breath." I shut my mouth, "You look stunning Riles." We left out the door and headed to her parents side of New York.

Breakfast was amazing the best part was annoying people by kissing. That's one of my favorite things to do. We left the Bakery and we headed to The Apartment, "Babe can I go up the fire escape so you can let my in through the window for old times sake?" She smiled at my childishness and kissed my forehead before heading inside. I jogged up the fire escape and so many happy memories flashed through my mind. I reached her window and looked in, everything was the same since the last time we were here. I sighed, "Man I missed this place." "I know." I jumped and turned around, "Farkle?! Oh my god we've missedyou so much where have you been?" He smiled at me, "Uh well I graduated college a couple years ago where I found the love of my life." I smiled, "Oh my gosh do I know her?!" Farkle laughed, "We'll you know him." I stared at him in shock, "Goo for you buddy who is it?" Just as I finished my sentence cowboy came up behind Farkle and wrapped his arms around him, "Ma'am." I just looked at them, "Hey Babe what's wrong?" Riley asked, "Cowboy is dating Farkle." Riley squealed, "YAY! I'm so happy for you guys!" They chuckled, "Thanks Riley." I just nodded at them, "Riley I think we should head inside I'm sure your parents want to see me." She nodded and we told the boys goodbye and headed inside. Wow we missed a lot.

I'm so mad at Shawn. He disappoints me and my girl. So I decided to confront him, "Sit down." I said glaring at him, he looked scared and so he sat, "Listen I don't know why but your hurting someone I love a lot more than you may think." He just stared at me, "What are you talking about?" I glared at him, "Why don't you talk to Riley? Every time she sees you she wants to talk to you because Mr Matthews sees you as a good man but I don't see it. You make Riley feel bad. She thinks you don't like her, an if you don't you have a screw loose because Riley's the best thing that could ever happen to someone. So why do you ignore her? Do you know her birthday? Her favorite color? Favorite food? Favorite band?" I stared him down angrily, "Get Riley I wanna take you somewhere." I was confused but agreed and I grabbed Riley. He took us to the café down the street, "How bout this Maya." He said, "Do you know the time she was born? Her weight? Her height? I was there all night, her birthday is December 8th, she was born at 6. Six and a half pounds, 27 inches." Riley looked at him, "Why do you remember that so clear?" He looked down, "Because that's the day I left." She looked at me, "That still doesn't save you! You just ignored her!" I said angrily, "Maya he loves me. He loves my parents so much and I come from them, he loves me so much he can't even look at me." I looked at my darling confused she moved on the other side of the booth to sit next to him, "Uncle Shawn. Is the reason you left because we reminded you of everything you don't have?" He nodded and we walked home to eat Christmas Dinner. Afterward we went to the same Café, I made sure to grab the velvet box and my guitar before we left. We sat around the booth together as a family and the announced open Mic.

I took my guitar and went up there dragging Riley so she sat right in front of me while I sang, "This is a song I love because it reminds me of someone who I love. This is for you Riley." I glanced at Cory, he looked proud, of course I asked for his blessing before we came to town. I started singing "All I Want for Christmas is you." Because that's all I wanted each Christmas, Riley. The song ended and I set my guitar down, Riley was teary eyed. I felt like my Hart was gonna pound out of my chest, "Riley, since we've been going out since Middle school this has been long awaited. Im in love with you Riles, and I know now more than ever that your the only one, if the song said anything it's true. All I want for Christmas is You. And I want to share my Hart with you. Not just my love for you but my last name. Riley Matthews Will You Merry me?" She was crying now and all she could do was nod and squeal, "That's beautiful Maya. I'd love to share your Hart." I felt so happy! I slid the ring onto her finger and kissed her passionately. Everyone there cheered. I couldn't believe it I was going to Marry the love of my life Riley Matthews (soon to be Hart.) I escorted Riley back to our table and we enjoyed great cups of hot cocoa, This has to be the best Christmas ever.