Therapy Session

"Everything was gone in an instant. Everything I had ever dreamed of disappeared before I woke up, my dream girl, my friends, my family, it was all gone in the blink of an eye. The worst part? It was all my fault. I got drunk at a party a couple blocks away from my dorm. I had been drunk before but this time was different, I had always made sure to never be drunk around Riley I could never trust myself after what happened. I couldn't trust myself before, guess why? I love my best friend, no I'm in love with my best friend. If you didnt know, that's not ok, it's especially not ok if you are a girl and your best friend also happens to be a girl. The response to my drunk slip up? Gone. Everyone left, they left me alone, locked the door, and melted the key.

"Dyke." Is all I see now. After the incident word traveled like wildfire and people spray painted everything I own in the word. Word travelled so fast my parents were down on campus to tell me they were never letting me back in there house again and then left. I would say that was the worst of them all but it's not, Riley's reaction was the worst. The shock, horror, and disgust written on her face after it happened. She never actually called me a name or made fun of me, she looked at me disappointedly and the way her chocolate eyes bored into my soul made it hurt worse than all those times dyke was written on everything. Worse than when my parents looked at me as if I was an alien. Worse than the embarrassment of being shut out of my favorite coffee shop. Worse than when my roommate requested to move and before that when she didnt even look at me anymore.

There was only one place that didnt shut me out, the cage. The cage is my outlet, it's a ring basically, I get to fight whoever. Thanks to this incident it actually increased my work, because now everyone wants to hit me wants to beat me up. But they are mistaken, I have never lost a match, no matter their size, gender, or strength. In fact I have a match tonight, we never get to pick who we fight or know who they are beforehand. It's supposed to make sure we don't gang up on them outside the cage, but I can guarantee that every person who signed up after the incident signed to fight me and run.

It's torture in a way. I have to fight to survive in the cage, but when I leave.... That's a different story, people ridicule me, they say I should stop. Stop everything, stop my life, they say it would be a better world without a dyke like me that fights everyone for no reason. I've thought about it a couple times, I've thought about the truth in their words, I've thought of how the world would be better without me. But I don't have the guts to do it, I wanna talk to someone about it. Someone specific. But she shut me out like everyone else, I haven't spoken to Mrs. and Mr. Matthews in forever. They were the most accepting people in my life, I haven't talked to them since though, I'm sure they are like every one else and don't wanna talk to me. I was brought out of my thoughts by the bell, the one that signaled end of class. I packed my stuff and headed out the back exit, I knew what would happen if I went out the front. I left class and headed straight to the cage, it was, in a way, my sense of humanity. It was the only thing that kept me tied to earth. I set my bag down and got to work in my usual spot, I was angry today so I didn't even put on gloves or wrap. I just hit the bag as hard as I could, I imagined that the bag was all I the people that hurt me. When I thought if Riley I stopped, she was one person I could hit. No matter what I did, I moved my fist back like I was going to hit the bag but all I could think about was how her chocolate eyes looked at me that night. I sank to my knees against the wall. "You're weak Hart." I muttered, I hadn't even bothered to change for the match which was in five minutes. So I ran to the bathroom and got ready as fast as I could.

I met my coach on the edge of the ring, "You know you're treading on thin ice Hart. If you lose this fight you're out, no more cage for you. Honestly I would hate to see that happen because you're an amazing fighter. So get out there and beat em like you do everyday." His words sunk into my brain like they did before every match, this one felt different. I had a bad feeling about this fight, boy was I right. I was getting in my zone when she bounced into the ring. Everything I thought I could do became nothing. I could hit anyone except for her, Riley Matthews stepped into the ring. I swallowed hard, her beautiful brown locks were put up into a high ponytail, she looked ready to fight whoever, then she saw me. To my surprise she wasnt happy, she almost seemed disappointed. I heard her sigh and that's when I knew things were over. She could hit me but I couldn't lay a hand on her in a harmful way. The bell dinged signaling the start of the fight, I put my hands in front of my face weekly. She moved closer, bouncing in a fighting stance, "Come on peaches, do this you need to." She whispered just loud enough for me to hear. I moved my fist back and shut my eyes. I couldn't do it, "I can't do this to you." I mumbled it but she heard. I moved to strike again but I dropped my fist, "Hit me." She kicked at the back of my knees and I fell. She walked back to her corner and I stayed there, they counted to 3 and I was done, all that had kept me tied to earth left and I knew what I was going to do. I grabbed my bag and left to my dorm. It was empty, no one came in there besides me anyway. I grabbed my new notepad and wrote out my notes.

I wrapped my only surviving jacket around me and tucked the notes in my front pocket. I headed to the tallest dorm building and climbed up the back fire escape. Once I reached the top I sat on the edge to think before I jumped, "The world will be so much better without me and my troublesome self. No one cares about me anyway." I huffed and stood, I saw the city lights in the distance, they gave out just enough glow to make the city brown. "Not near a good enough brown to compare to what I can see in her eyes." I closed my eyes and moved my foot over the edge, I felt the tears stream down my face as I began to lean forward. Before I was over the edge arms wrapped around my waist and I knew who it was, it was the person I least expected to save me. It was Riley. She pulled back to earth, "Oh thank god I found you, Maya what were you thinking?" She brushed a bait out of my face and I cried harder, "I just wanna be at peace." I remember how she held me in her arms and let me cry. I remember the rain that started coming down, "Why are you still here? I thought you hated me for kissing you?" I remember how her gentle hands cupped my face as she pulled me closer.

There was nothing about it that was wrong, it was soft and perfect. People say kissing in the rain is kinda sloppy, but us? It was just perfection. I remember her words, "I could never. All those people pushed us apart. I could never live without you, I love you." And we've been going strong ever since. She's just been the best thing that's ever happened to me." Maya smiled at the painful memories when she spoke, "So Maya that took all of our time, but would you like to schedule another session next week?" Maya nodded at her therapist, "Thanks, Riley was right it feels good to tell someone else." Strong arms wrested on Maya's shoulders, "Aren't I always right honey." The two smirked and left the office hand in hand. They reached the apartment they had been sharing and cuddled into eachother on the couch, "You know when we were kids you told me you were gonna save me. You really did." They shared a kiss. It wasnt new but each time they kissed they made an unspoken promise. To save eachother when the rest of the world is wrong. Neither have ever broken that promise.

(A/N)

I really wanted to say thank you all for 2K reads! I wanted to let you know this chapter is comepletely unedited, I just let it pour out of my soul and I went with it. I have not touched it since I wrote it so there may be errors. But I needed to just let a chapter like this go because this is my outlet. I just needed to write a chapter like this to help get me out of the toxic mood I've been in. So I hope you enjoyed! Ill try to have another chapter out soon.